A New cause --Temple for Stormbringer

For making suggestions about events and storylines you would like to see happen within the roleplay. NOT for posting about existing SL's which should go into What's Happening.

Moderator: Kerianna

Re: A New Cause --Temple for Stormbringer

Postby Kooky on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:06 pm

Lumio will be there. He's a follower of the wolven goddess Rhe, so this will be interesting!
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Naomh on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:35 pm

No promises but I'll try to be there with none other than my cleric of Sheara, the chirot goddess.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tehya on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:54 am

Going to have to switch this to Saturday, I am sick in bed. I will let Morgan set the time since this was his write up.
Tehya

Postby Cangelosi on Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:02 am

We's gonna try 8pm EST Saturday.

Let's hope to see some good religious horseplay until then. :mrgreen:
-post presented by the actual mun of characters Morgan Drakewing and Arnoch Bretail-
Cangelosi
Adept
Adept

Postby Tehya on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:15 pm

I will be on tonight 8PM EST to do this rp event with Morgan, so calling all the workers to join us too.
Everyone is welcome to play it will be held in #tli-forest
Tehya

Postby Rythia on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:53 pm

August work logs for Akantha.

Session Start: Sat Aug 30 10:46:11 2014
Session Ident: #TLI-Forest
Session Close: Sat Aug 30 12:47:09 2014
Made few rounds over the Temple grounds, checked the interior. Met and asked Imperial Bard Tehya about knowing the Emperor to be a God, helped bring refreshments into the Temple. Suggested having a painting of this battle that was mentioned as it seemed important.
hours: 2

Session Start: Sat Aug 30 19:59:16 2014
Session Ident: #TLI-Temple
Session Close: Sat Aug 30 22:38:33 2014
Standing guard during the gathering and debate in Stormbringer's Temple.
hours 2.5

Total hours: 4.5
Rythia
Novice
Novice

Postby Ellyssa_Flamewing on Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:49 pm

A letter written in neat handwriting will be found on Tehya's desk.

Miss Tehya,

I regret to inform you that I am resigning as a guard of this temple, effective immediately. With my Master's disappearance and possible death, I feel that I have no more place serving whose worship I did not myself ardently support. My service was at his orders and I feel that to continue when I don't hold to the tenets of the temple would be dishonorable. I will you all the best in your endeavors Miss Tehya.

Ellyssa Flamewing
Ellyssa_Flamewing
Expert
Expert

Postby Tehya on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:48 pm

She read the letter quickly and then poked it in her pocket. She had no word from Roronk who was hired to manage the employees and tally the hours. That meant there was a need for a new manager.

Placing a stake outside the temple the sign reads:

Help Wanted!
Manager of Employees (Job consists of Tallying the hours at the end of month for each person and hire workers)
Guards
Metal Workers

Pay will come from Tehya ... post interest here. No you do not need to worship Stormbringer to work for Tehya.
Tehya

Postby Rythia on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:04 am

Akantha came across the sign. The message was short and it didn't take Akantha as long to read. She had been wondering about Rornok, and mostly wondering about payment for the past few months. This sign seem to have explained that.
She frowned some as she stood there thinking. She's dealt a few times with handing out pay to other mercenaries, that wasn't a problem. Hiring...guards she could do. The barbarian had no knowledge of metal working, but remembered she knew of some who did. Even if they wouldn't work for the temple, perhaps...

She didn't think herself a manager, but was willing to step up until a suitable person for the job can be found

A short while later she has a short note delivered to Tehya. The writing is somewhat awkward, letters formed with many straight edges and not as many curves.

Tehya,
Can help manage 'til you find replacement.
Guard Akantha
Rythia
Novice
Novice

Postby Tehya on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Tehya was probably the most frugal person in the Empire. In fact she carried a purse with a lilac moth on it. Saving her money along with the donations was how she was paying people and according to Roronk's records everyone had been paid except for August payroll.

She met Akantha, and liked her, remembering the day before the debate when they talked and readied the temple. There was always that thrill of danger and walking the line for Tehya, and an idea was forming something to draw out those rebels against Stormbringer. This would come later, the temple needed to be finished so she sent one of her sneaky bard friends to contact Akantha.

Whispers with such mystery laced to the bard's words reached the barbarian. You're hired and please find a metal smith its urgent that she has one. <something was up with that too> :) soon to be revealed.

The sign was taken down by Renf the bard and he surely seemed secretive whispering again in Akantha's ear.
"Tehya says to keep your eyes out for Belson, he is not to be allowed in the temple."

Who knows Renf could be causing trouble on his own, as he strolled off whistling to tell Tehya he did his job.

OOC---Roronk was hired and at the end of the month posted everyone's hours so I could pay them. Hiring guards, hand maidens to serve and clean, sculptors, and even dancers...go have fun doing it, after all this was done for one reason, fun and rp.There is no set amount paid, I base it on rp and hours. So monologing. a post every 30 min won't cut it :) but good rp will reap rewards. Since I received no hours from Roronk would everyone contact Akantha with your hours for August.
Tehya

Postby Rythia on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Akantha wasn't too comfortable being officially hired by someone other than Tehya herself, but it wasn't too strange for the Barbarian either. As a mercenary in the past, employers often sent messages with other people rather than show up themselves. The lack of some written agreement didn't matter either. She'll do her job as best she can as long as she was paid.

A quick nod to Renf to show she understood and she would start work in her new position by figuring out how many hours each worker or guard put in over the month of August.

August hours:
Akantha 4.5
Ellyssa 3.5

(Those are the only ones I found logs for, if I missed you somehow or you just haven't posted logs..do so or PM me on here or on IRC!)

The knight Daron`Hier rode in from Valencia to hand in her resignation from position as a guard. She had sworn loyalty to a lord and will be spending most of the time in Valencia, getting to the temple would involve days of riding going back and forth. Akantha accepted the resignation, understanding the importance of loyalty and the difficulties in travelling back and forth. Most importantly, she figured it wouldn't do to have a tired guard.

Dahlia Stormfury, knight, has been hired as a guard. The basics have been given to the new hire, the location of the temple..the fact she's working for the Imperial Bard Tehya but will report to both Tehya and Akantha.

hired Aticus as metal worker. The mino's a master smith.

hired:
Misk: chirot, hired as guard, has skills with scouting/patrolling/healing
Lumio, wolven, hired as sculptor.
Rythia
Novice
Novice

Madoc Silverworker work log

Postby Axiomatic on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:24 am

Session Start: Wed Sep 28 21:27 2014
Session Close: Wed Sep 09 21:57 2014
Total Hours Worked: .5

Stood on guard as a transaction or resurrection scene of some sort awkwardly happened nearby that Madoc couldn't notice because site rules.
Axiomatic
Novice
Novice

Postby Rythia on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:11 am

Please everyone that worked (RP'd) on anything related to SB temple post worklog here. I'll compile all of it in this post so Tehya can see and pay all of you for your work!

Madoc Silverworker: 0.5 hours
Dahlia Stormfury
Aticus
Misk
Lumio
Akantha
Rythia
Novice
Novice

Postby Kooky on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:37 am

Misk, Guard
Time Total: 5hrs
Skills: Scouting x1

Session Start: Tue Oct 14 17:53:14 2014
03[17:53] * Now talking in #TLI-Forest
Session Close: Tue Oct 14 18:55:27 2014

Work
Patrolled the Temple grounds via flight, seeking out vandals from the sky.

Time: 1hr

Session Start: Fri Oct 17 00:39:11 2014
03[00:39] * Now talking in #TLI-Forest
03[00:39] * Topic is '4 18+ ONLY An adult fantasy role playing environment. 3The forest around The Lonely Inn. Visit #Lonely_Inn_OOC or the website at http://www.belariath.com for more details.'
03[00:39] * Set by ChanServ!services@services.sorcery.net on Fri Sep 26 08:56:08
05[00:39] -Desdaemona- Character Misk logged in.
03[00:39] * Desdaemona sets mode: +v Misk
Session Close: Fri Oct 17 03:15:44 2014

Work
Patrol
Confronted Burgan for punching a tree on temple land

Time: 4hrs
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tehya on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:06 pm

Everything was going according to schedule, except for the fact Belson came and attacked the manager and guard Akathana. More guards were needed and she sent word out to hire anyone who fit the position including those with magic, with the clause to capture Belson and bring him to her Retreat.

It was time he felt the cold chains upon his flesh, and she had the perfect place for it. The Retreat was built for more than a place to get away and write. For now Tehya was practicing her own craft, which could be beautiful or deadly... depending on her audience. Just thinking of having Belson chained and as her audience made the Slyvan's lips turn up into a smile.

The Retreat would not be hard to find, after all it bordered Sir Belson's property, even he could direct them there through a muzzle and gag. :)

Note: Belson has been noted for killing mercenaries proceed carefully!
Tehya

PreviousNext

Return to Storylines and Events