A New cause --Temple for Stormbringer

For making suggestions about events and storylines you would like to see happen within the roleplay. NOT for posting about existing SL's which should go into What's Happening.

Moderator: Kerianna

Re: A New Cause --Temple for Stormbringer

Postby Cevelt on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Was, per usual, lazing about. After all, why work when she'd bought two perfectly grand slaves to work for her this week? Never mind that owning slaves seemed a bit, like work. If not fun as well. Including but not excluding, her loving Arumil and that saucy firemage concubine, joe. She found them amusing little gadgets to play all kinds of things with. A most enjoyable few days, it had been. Well, along with stomach upsets.

She'd lofted a snowy brow as she watched one after the other step up to the notes in the Inn and finally, like the slave? She was entertained. Of course, until she heard valindra muttering and joes name come out her mouth. Finally, the laconic one stirred, her glass of rum in one hand and the other? Resting by her hip. Just, not on it.

Glass was lifted and eyes of ember sifted over all that had been written, laughter flowed like velvet that teased and tempted the ear. Right up until she seen Graviks response and then all laughter abruptly....

... got louder. Really? All that over the wolfy that died more often then the sins of a virgin newly come? She drained her rum and considered options.

Option number one. Laugh again.

Option number two. Laugh louder, again.

Option number three. Cold cock him one and hang him on the wall next to the notes.

Choices.. choices.. She was all about choices.
Of course I love you... ignore the dagger.

Cevelt
Novice
Novice

Postby Tehya on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:18 pm

Guard for the Temple hired: Rornok He is hired as of today 4/15/2014 Please keep post time played for payment
Tehya

Postby Lyanna on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Whoever it is that left those threatening messages earlier, they or someone of similar disposition seem to have struck. Nearby the temple, the tightly bound corpse of Rornok dangles from a noose tied to a tree, two arrows embedded in the body. It appears someone moved a cart under him and then drove it away, leaving a trail of its rather flammable contents behind before the cargo was dumped into the temple and set ablaze. It does not appear the culprits stayed to see if this actually did much damage, but this will make the guard's body easy to find.
Lyanna | Raven Swift| Natsuko | Kiani | Zahira
Lyanna
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Ryke Masha on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Joe would be going on his daily duties for the temple and sees the smoke and runs and helps cut rornok dead body down and works to stop the burning by throwing dirt and snuffing the fire out and afterwards takes the body to Lord matwyn
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby Cevelt on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:46 am

She wasn't that impressed. If it hadn't been for the vulp being hurt? She might not have bothered. Politics of Temples wasn't much her thing, despite being hired by Matwyn to be one of his guards. It was part of her job to investigate, nose about and expose the root of any issue or slap it upside the head to get a grip.

Now, with the temples burning, joe harmed in the entirety and a guard dead? She wasn't thrilled to be dragged from her current job, to this. It meant she had an investment into it all. Her slave for now, burned, half his tail missing. Her other slave? Hurting to see joe injured. Normally she would have laughed and gone there to investigate anyway, but now? It was slightly more personal which made her more then dangerous.

The forest was kicked at and the temple gone 'round. Cart found and gone over more then once. Obviously it wasn't set by magic, the fire at the temple of course, but it was entirely possible it was done on the cart that had rammed into the Temple itself. Which meant, she had to follow the tracks of the cart and find where they began. Began, and find the tracks that led up to them. Both from the guard that now lay at the temple to be rezzed, and any that were around it. From there? It wasn't that hard to begin following. And when she found where they ended?

Well, options were simple..

Kill it and let its body float about in the swamp. If they were really lucky, a gobbo would pick it apart for coin. If they weren't so lucky? They'd get eaten by a jhore. They weren't picky.
Of course I love you... ignore the dagger.

Cevelt
Novice
Novice

Postby Lyanna on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:37 am

Tracking the cart is easy. The spooked horses are not far from the temple, and the tracks lead back a very confused peasant who is very eager to know who in Belariath took them. A second set of tracks lead off into a high traffic road and disappear among countless others.

Following the footprints leading to and away from the site of the crime is likely to present more of a challenge. They seem to lead from an abandoned raft on the river, to the temple, and then off into some trees which the culprit must have climbed, because there are a few recently broken branches but no more prints.

If one could track that they'd find that the trail goes cold at a cobbled road leading into town. This all seems like it was well-planned and done by someone well-trained in counter-tracking techniques.

A few footprints can say a lot to a skilled tracker though, and Cevelt may be skilled enough to discern that the person who did this was female, and on the small side.

Perhaps the lone witness, once he stops being dead, will have more information.
Lyanna | Raven Swift| Natsuko | Kiani | Zahira
Lyanna
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Tehya on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:10 pm

Hate to be a spoiler but the temple isn't built yet, as I posted in my previous post I was looking for workers to do the building. So Rornok was guarding the grounds and the stones to build.

BUT for rp purposes we can say there was a brush fire there that's bad enough for Tehya since she wanted nature preserved.

On the last post I needed stone masons, Tehya isn't so dumb to think they wouldn't try and burn it so it was purchased as a stone temple. But remember this land purchase so far hasn't been opened and if I am not wrong maybe some laws were broken burning it? Just have fun wish I was there to tell you the temple will be stone. People's donations will be used to pay workers that build and decorate, and Tehya spent her own money on the temple itself.

Its very nice seeing people playing and I hope the fact its not built yet didn't put a thorn in anyone's side.

But do go on with the rp as is, the guard being killed is quite enough, in fact be careful on what you reap LOL

Note: The property is along the river near the Palace! Where the emperor rides by often and takes walks :P

Future Outcome: Will there ever be a definite answer if he is a god or not? Probably not though Tehya and others believe he is.

Sorry I wasn't on when this happened I spilled a cup of tea on my brand new laptop that needed to dry out.
Tehya

Postby L`aquera on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:45 pm

:lol: #-o

Well.. wasn't me this time that burned... bushes! Oh man, laughter in the morning is the best medicine!
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Jodice on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:39 pm

Could have been the construction site. The temple may not be built, but the workers will need a place to store the non stone stuff. Like the wood to build the naturally looking benches, the medieval sealant, timber's for the roof rafters, foodstuffs, perhaps a makeshift first aid station for the healer's to heal hurt workers. Will definitely need an on site office place for the supervisor's.

Any of those could be a good target to burn down.
Jodice
Adept
Adept

Postby Ehlanna on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:57 pm

L`aquera wrote::lol: #-o

Well.. wasn't me this time that burned... bushes! Oh man, laughter in the morning is the best medicine!

A burnt bush ... a burnzilian? ;)
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Tehya on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:09 pm

There could be but as of now its a beautiful grassy area with small trees and stone piled up along the river. Burning down nature for a Sylvan elf =Tehya can be as devastating as a building.

The gist of all this was to create temporary jobs that will be paid to people, and to bring out rebels. There are no supervisors yet, except Morgan Drakwing, Fawkes, and Tehya, but I am in high hopes of finding workers and guards for more rp.

The roof will be something like the picture full trees bent over it by druids that will keep the foilage on it. The benches will be hollowed out fallen trees with stuffed cushions laid over them. The goal is to make it as natural as possible for when Stormbringer rides by or goes on his walks.

Until it is opened as a temple its Tehya's private land, with believers helping her fund the workers. That doesn't mean you can't rebel not at all Bring it on, just trying to show what's there as of now.

Hoping its fun for all... I like how its drawn the rebellious ones out.

Its like a decadent piece of chocolate this SL a little bit at a time to savor. If we rush through it then people would lose the incentive to work, promote, rebel, and just rp.
Tehya

Postby lyllamarie on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Just so we're clear. This is still privately owned land. The Temple has not been built or open to the public, all actions concerning this land must have OOC permission from the owner beforehand to avoid confusion (people really need to start communicating with Tehya beforehand to avoid issues..) - neither will the Imperial Guard investigate any fights or on-goings on the property until the Emperor gives his say so. If it becomes a bevvy for illegal activity or sedition, then the Imperial Guard may get involved, but the outcome may not suite either side.
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby lyllamarie on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:52 pm

IC post in red writing situated over the board in the Inn

To whom it concerns:

Concerning the private Temple being built by the Imperial Bard on her private property.

As it is private property, do not expect the Imperial Guard to intercede on your little fights and confrontations. We don't care whom you decide to chop down unless it's collared or someone in imperial uniform.

However, if you continue to be a bother to others, mainly your neighbors and the Imperial Slave Authority for threats and actions against the private property of others, we will get involved.

All involved will suffer, and not just the ones feeling wronged.

On further note, if it spills out in front of me, I'll take all of you to task and insure you'll be cleaning up your torn body parts from where they are scattered.

Sincerely
Lady Sutara
Captain of the Imperial Guard

She wouldn't make note that they knew of the names of some involved, but they could try to guess whether or not they knew or not.. Let the more desperate continue to do what they did, it would just bring more attention to those whom would garner the eye of more trigger happy praetorians.
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby L`aquera on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:01 pm

I did wonder, oddly assumed anyone that was there had Tehyas permission and I'm going to say, obviously not. So then, this gets tricky now doesn't it?

Will Tehya allow this to pass, this once and then we can all remember what needs to be done in future? Or, will she say no way? In that case, then no harm was done, all RP on it will be dissolved.

I know, no grumbling, but the rules are there for everyone to follow.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Tehya on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:28 pm

What IC has occurred I will allow it this time, after that, players MUST come to me and gain permission but remember there are all ways to rebel rather than burning property down. Shogeton has shown a good face to face confrontation in rp... so just ask to gain permission in what you do.

I don't see any reason for the IG to become involved now that everyone knows what is there, it happened once , and to ask beforehand if other ideas come up.
Tehya

PreviousNext

Return to Storylines and Events