A New cause --Temple for Stormbringer

For making suggestions about events and storylines you would like to see happen within the roleplay. NOT for posting about existing SL's which should go into What's Happening.

Moderator: Kerianna

Schylla's many-faceted Journal

Postby Schylla on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:37 pm

I've written about many things, but most of them have been about the psyche of those in the mental condition of slavery, or about magical beings and their origins and various interviews regarding them. I have notes on ancient cultures and codes of conduct, I have personal references and hypotheses. But today I'm going to find out something that has been boggling in my mind for the longest time. The newest title on the top of my notebook page reads "Origin of Deities" The very title itself is actually a contradiction, which is its purpose. Gram always told me that the gods were once mortals that were given status and power beyond imagination. This has never been proven, and I've experienced the magic of the gods myself. However, this concept of raising a temple to the name of a man that I myself have laid eyes upon. I need to see if this can actually work! It seems like a very exciting prospect and a chance to learn how Gods themselves might be born or even if it simply doesn't work, then learning why it failed. Ultimately discovering a question that has been pressing in my brain for a long time. "Can Gods be made of Men?" -Schylla
Schylla
Novice
Novice

Re: A New Cause --Temple for Stormbringer

Postby Shogeton on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:21 am

Posted in the Lonely Inn, the same place where his previous message was.

To the citizens of the empire

The rot that this blasphemous temple is spreading is becoming more obvious. I have been outspoken against this abomination, and for that, I get sent Tehya's dogs after me. Morgan Drakewing pretends that this sham of a temple of his is as good as government action, and accuses me of insubordination. To whom? The Emperor has not given this thing any support. He sought to intimidate me, and when that failed, he attacked me;

Know that I defeated him.

I will redouble my effort. I will seek contact with people from all faiths and encourage them to reject this sad, sycophantic mockery as the twisted monstrosity it is. It destabilizes the Empire, invites the wrath of the gods upon us and most of all, it is a lie.

Signed,

Shogeton
Sacred Knight of Sheara
Shogeton
Adept
Adept

Postby Cangelosi on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:22 pm

Underneath Shogeton's note, there is a hastily written note affixed with the seal of Morgannus Drakewing:

The Viceroy of St. Eva would like to note that he sees nothing wrong in being called a "dog" as he has plenty of Wolven friends and appreciates being compared to being a honorary member of such a noble race.

Also, he urges Master Shogeton to kindly eat a dick.

M.D.
-post presented by the actual mun of characters Morgan Drakewing and Arnoch Bretail-
Cangelosi
Adept
Adept

Postby Logolar on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:38 pm

*This message is written in a childlike handwriting. The words are too big and it's clear that this person has not been writing for too long.*

Toys,

I was going to address the fact that a temple to a lesser race is laughable first, but first I would like to say something about the other toys comments. Any wolven that is friends with a lesser race, is truly a dog. They are creatures that just seek to please you and piddle on the floor. We should not have any relationship with you weak things beyond Master and slave, with you lesser things being the slave. Furthermore, to imagine that a majestic creature as a wolven is a “dog” is laughable. A true wolven is more then you will ever be.

Now, Onto the actual point, I could go on for days on why I'm better then you, but I'm not going to. I've met that whore that they call an emperor. The fucker didn't even deign to fight me. He simply let his minion burn me to death. That is not what I would call a god. He was weak and tainted by magic...He allowed that filthy stuff to be used in his defense while he sneered on unable to raise his hand for a proper fist fight. That is weakness. Any challenge should me met head on, and for a lesser race to be raised to the rank of the spirits is simply unimaginable. So, even if I find it distasteful, I will help the other toy out in tearing the temple and supporters down.

Gravik
The player of: Gravik, Falador, and logolar.
Logolar
Expert
Expert

Postby Lyanna on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:58 pm

With things escalating, a certain catgirl has some contacts discreetly place the following note around town. The handwriting is odd, deliberately designed to avoid any analysis, but clearly legible.

"You do not know who we are, but we watch you from the shadows. We listen to the talk of a blasphemous monument to hubris being planned. This abomination is not something we can abide. We are obligated to act against it and will not constrain ourselves with your foolish notions of honor to do so. Any who support this temple do so at the risk of losing their property and their very lives. We may come for you in the shadows, or strike in broad daylight. Or perhaps we will deem you unworthy of this, but we are not going to tell you that; so if you consort with the blasphemers at the Temple to a foolish man who would think himself a god, know that at any moment we may choose to exact payment in blood for such choices.

You have been warned.
"

Meanwhile, messages would be sent out to Gravik and Shogeton, inviting them to a private meeting to discuss the matter.
Lyanna | Raven Swift| Natsuko | Kiani | Zahira
Lyanna
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Stormbringer on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:22 pm

Stormbringer read the messages as he left the Inn and chuckled to himself. He had vague memories of a young Wolven who had made a nuisance of himself a few years previously and assumed that this must be the same one. He couldn't recall whether it had been trying to bite his ankles, or chew on his boot, though.

A wolven puppy and a dingbat teaming up? He would definitely have to check himself for rabies if they happened to cross his path. It was good of them to provide some entertainment though.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Ryke Masha on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Joe would find the notes at the inn and more spread around town and sighs shaking his head as he goes back home and writes up a few notes to go under those speard around town "I may not know who you are but as this is a temple being built whither to sb or not it is still under Lord matwyn's protection as a temple and any and all attempts to harm the temple or the workers will be met with swift action if caught

-sincerely Joe concubine of valindra"

He said his name and status to show others nothing would happen at all and for the one at the inn he posted up a special note "To shogeton and this wolven. While you may disagree with this temple there is not need for actions against it. Even if you don't believe sb is a god then why not let it be built to celebrate him and all that he has done

-sincerely Joe concubine of valindra

P.s shogeton has chocked on a dick in a game of inn dice"
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby Tehya on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:16 pm

So much turmoil, it was both disturbing and amusing to Tehya. Shogeton has shown her that what she thought years ago to be true, he is insane. Reading the note she crumbled it in her hand and tossed it into the fire. What a beautiful burst of blue flame for Wildfire to watch. Tehya was going to walk a new path in life, and some could say the bard delved into history and spoke it as truth.

At least Traghorn recognized the need to bring these people into actual battle that happened five thousand years before, and to prove it was not just a dream they came out bleeding and injured. Did they realize that this dragon of dreams fought by Stormbringer's side all those years back? Proof was right there for those brave enough to go with Traghorn and Tehya. This same dragon who gave Tehya a box, which in fact was used to store a heart in the K`Sir war that Traghorn herself helped end.

Pondering on a subject she had thought about for a long time she wondered why people would revolt over such an idea. Was it the fact that they mere mortals and thought that they would never become a god...a soft chuckle came from those blue lips, the one who witnessed out of the ordinary behavior from the one they think was a mortal man. She was insisting that he had god like powers over the weather even, but bards do have over active imaginations, this one certainly read enough history to prove her point.

So reading their note she leaves a few of her own.

This is to the followers who donated, you can come and help build this temple and support its purpose. To those who despise this temple you can stay away, no one has forced anyone to worship here it is free choice to step within it when its done or not.

That was the bane of their own madness to think one heavenly retreat that will look like nature itself when done would be intrusive as Shogeton says and blasphemy to his god...ridiculous.

IN rather large letters there was a Looking for Worker signs put up.
MHL will be paid to all.

Guards Needed
Artists Needed to decorate the inside of the temple
Druid's Needed to curve trees over the temple.
Woodworkers needed to carve pews out of fallen trees
Stone and Mason Workers to lay the stone that will support the trees over the temple.
Tehya

Postby Logolar on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Another note would be written in that same large handwiritng. The writing this time was shakey and it looked like he had gouged into the paper with the quill*

Slave,

I'm not surprised that you think you can talk back and tell me what to do. Most don't know how to own a person in this land. They coddle them and treat their property like a lover. You don't love a chair, and you also do not expect back talk from a chair. So the only suitable thing for me to do; Is to break you and whoever owns you. This will teach you to keep out of conversations from your betters. Slaves should only be seen and heard when they are asked to do so. So I shall have to teach you why owned objects stay out my way.

Gravik
The player of: Gravik, Falador, and logolar.
Logolar
Expert
Expert

Postby Ryke Masha on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:48 pm

Joe comes upon this note under his and reads it growing with anger till his eyes are fire red and he summons fire whip and lashes it against the note "one thing to threaten me but my mistress. This wolven must burn to ashes!" He shouts out loud as he goes off to find this wolven and make him regret what he said
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby Shogeton on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:14 pm

The Inn would further buckle under the stream of notes pouring over it.

Addressing things that need addressing.

Let me make it clear. This is not aimed against the Emperor. He has not claimed divinity, he has not asked for this temple. He is the ruler of the Empire, and those who hope to find in me an ally in rebellion will find only disappointment and death. I have fought for the Empire on several occasions, and will do so again if needed.

Regarding accepting the temple as simply an honorific to Stormbringer as Emperor. It is not that. Temples are not built for Emperors. If Tehya had wished to build a thousand golden statues honouring the Empror, I would not have the slightest problem. But to worship him as a god is a lie. And speaking a lie of someone is never honouring them. It is simply deceitful flattery, empty and sycophantic. Should one seek to compose a song praising me for a thing I had never done, or as something I am not, I would not appreciate it either. So no, a temple to Stormbringer gives only flattery, not honour.

And of course, to put Stormbringer equal with gods, even ABOVE some of them, is an insult to all gods, including mine. I cannot let this go unanswered, any more than other insults to Sheara's name.

Those who consider donating, should keep in mind that I consider such a donation to be taking part in insulting the gods. And I have spoken around. There are many who share my disgust, and you may find there are consequences to paying coin to allow Tehya to spit in the face of the heavens.

And consider this. Today, she claims Stormbringer is greater than Ishtar. Which god will she next dream is subservient to her fake god? Kirva? Aden Ver? Gaea The elven pantheon? Already Tehya, in conversation with me showed contempt for Gaea, asking 'where she was' during the culmination of the K'sir wars years ago. Tehya holds the gods in contempt. And she is insulting the gods with this. We cannot rest idle and let this happen.
Shogeton
Adept
Adept

Postby Axe on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:39 pm

A sifting of feet within sandals of gold, a curl to toes and a rocking formation that was almost casual as eyes of soft blue swept along the notices. One finger lifted where mithril ring encompassed from first knuckle to the tip where nail began, the chain that bound it wrapped around wrist. Delicate and yet telling.

She wasn't sure what the objection was, not at first. But then as she read along? It wasn't that hard to grasp the full scoop of those that were for and those that were against the erection of a temple to a man that lived and breathed. Fucked and sipped coffee and could bleed. She above all knew he could. Not shocking at all that hatred gleamed within those beautiful sky blue pools. Those that knew the history of the woman standing there, and avoided even now, understood all to well that she might be made to serve the Emperor, but it was doubtful she did it under her own steam, her own want. She, was the long time enemy of this city. Of this nation. Of thier Emperor. She, the last of her line of Valencians. Captured and humiliated and made to stand at a mans side. Chained to a room to serve. And finally he'd begun trusting, free of bindings and trappings and little to no clothing. She was set free to wander but always was she to return, or else.

No weapon lay at her side and yet none was needed. But she missed her Valecite blade. And all the heavy feel of it in her hand. The armor that had been hers. The status.

"Living God?"

There was a curl of soft lips and a tsk of tongue. There was no collar that could bind her. No mark he could set o keep her. She was still her own person no matter what he thought or said. Perhaps she should ask what these two might be thinking. After all, a little prick in his side? Was one thing, A fiery ball of flame? Something altogether different. Would she not know the answers they sought? Yes. Yes she would. Perhaps it was time to drop more then just a few hints into the right ears.
Theres a fire storm coming...
Axe
Novice
Novice

Postby Garthel on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Garthel would read through the long list of notes that were almost a novel now. She would shake her head as she read all the fighting between the two sides. Once she finished reading she would find some paper and add her own chapter.

Hello every one. I am Garthel Glamor and I have just finished reading this long discussion and would like to add my own opinion. As of now I am on neither side of the argument and wouldn't like to join one. I am instead hoping that a compromise can be reached before blood is spilled.

Perhaps if instead of building a temple to SB something could be built in his honor. Something like a great hall where everyone could enjoy it regardless if they believe he is a god or not.

I do not want to see this land torn apart by the construction of a building.

Sincerely, Garthel.
Garthel
Novice
Novice

Postby Naomh on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:51 pm

In one corner of the Inn, unnoticed by patrons when she's taking a break, sits a slave. The half-elf named Tarianna. She has happened to be there when each notice was posted, and the reactions of everyone who reads the forming novel of notes and announcements before they add in a note themself has been some of the best entertainment she has seen.

She keeps this to herself, of course, as a slave of The Lonely Inn it was not her place to make any judgments or hold opinions... well, at least state them. That does not mean she can not enjoy the show and watch things reach to an explosive climax.

She was on the edge of her seat, waiting to see how this will turn out, who will post next and what will they say? The anticipation-

"Slave! Get over here!"

Well... duty calls until next break then. "Coming, Mistress!"
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Valindra on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:15 pm

The kitten read briefly all the posts,not greatly interested about Gods or Temples,but as she reads the treat to her pet the kitten raises a brow as cold seeps from her and murmurs "two can play the same game" taking a paper she writes calmly

"Dear over grown puppy with such a small dick that needs to threaten around others concubines...
Touch my Joe and i will freeze your tinny ball sack and make you eat those peas .

Kisses Valindra,
the kitten that treats what belongs to her as she dam well pleases"
Valindra
Novice
Novice

PreviousNext

Return to Storylines and Events