Slave for a Day or Week

For making suggestions about events and storylines you would like to see happen within the roleplay. NOT for posting about existing SL's which should go into What's Happening.

Moderator: Kerianna

Slave for a Day or Week

Postby Azara on Tue May 16, 2017 2:51 pm

It seems that there's some interest in having another Slave for a Day/Week event. Here's a couple of points I'd like to make regarding the logistics:

1. June seems pretty open. However, if June doesn't work out, the event will not be held until late July as I will be visiting family in another state during the first half of July
  2. It will be scheduled on a WEEKEND
  3. The time will be according to CST time zone
  4. I'm considering holding it in 2 parts - 1 part during CST day hours for those in the Americas side of the globe / 1 part during the CST late night hours for those on the European side of the globe
  5. I'm also thinking that there will be LIMITED spaces for slaves to be auctioned off - this will help with keeping the event(s) within a reasonable time frame

Again, these are just my thoughts. I know that the length of the event and wait times are frustrating. If limiting slave spaces will help with those issues, this event can always be a fairly regular event so that if one is missed, another can be joined in the near future.

Please feel free to post your ideas/thoughts so that I can better make this event more fun for all.

Thanks!

~A~
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Slave for a Day or Week

Postby DiasEesha on Tue May 16, 2017 2:59 pm

First and foremost, Ill officially note my interest in the event.

A) Since Junes already currently open I would just stick with that there is plenty of time to prep and set.
B) Weekends of course are best, Saturdays normally the best of the three though with D in consideration it could run friday/sat or sat/sun depending on how long the "auctions" take.
C) Imho anyone interested should be limited to one character to choose for it, giving fair access to anyone that may be interested in the event, additionally I would suggest an auction pool of no more then 10 for each time frame. [Even that may be too much who knows.]
D) As to revolving timeline...Id say once every three months perhaps, this will hopefully allow people that do participate to clear out their "time" and be able to rejoin if they wish. Course this is dependent on interest if the pools get to large it can be adjusted or the event can be done in stages instead.
DiasEesha
Expert
Expert

Postby Sha`Ruse on Tue May 16, 2017 3:21 pm

That sounds good, Azara. I like how it will be broken up into 2 different times, and that would definitely help keep the event smaller. I also like how it will help players get a slave that will be on their time, so money won't be wasted if they SFAW isn't on when they are.

And if you need any help with the auction, Traael does work at the ISA and would love to help out.
Mun of: Traael, Cameo, Lelay, Varis, Syn, Lyon
Sha`Ruse
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Azara on Tue May 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Thanks for your thoughts on here, in OOC, and in PM! Here's what I propose (dates/times/limits are not set in stone!):

*Slaves can choose to be sold for either ONE DAY or ONE WEEK

*The events will be held on Saturday/Sunday
  1. If it's an all day Saturday event, then the Euro side will be held in the CST morning hours, starting around 10:00am and the Americas side will be starting around 6:00pm
  2. If it's a two day Saturday/Sunday event, then the Americas will be on Sat at 6:00pm and Euro on Sunday at 10:00am

*For time efficiency, there will be a limited number of slaves for auction at each event
  1. A max of 8 slaves for each
  2. One character per player

*Slaves can choose to either be willing or unwilling
  1. Slavers from Vik's Slaver's House will be encouraged to do the capturing

*Tentative dates
  1. June 10 & 11
  2. June 24 & 25

I am still open to suggestions/thoughts. Everything here can still be revised.. so, please feel free to post here, or chat at me in OOC, or PM.

~A~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Adonai on Wed May 17, 2017 1:03 am

Sounds fun, honestly, it sounds good, and like how you are implementing Viktor's place as well. As I offered Tawny in the past, I offered you in pm, I am here if you need any help.
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Postby Tehya on Wed May 17, 2017 1:46 pm

Let me know the dates and I will add them to the calendar. We are trying to schedule things on there so things don't overlap.

Thanks sounds like fun.
Tehya

Postby Ryke Masha on Thu May 18, 2017 6:30 am

Sooooooooo just some thoughts on my end here.....Why is someone who isnt a manager of the isa posting isa stuff....I know I have been gone for a bit here but last I checked Tawny was the head mistress of the isa and knows the ins and outs of doing slave auctions since you know she has done every single one of them and has never failed about them.....and unless I am wrong and tawny isnt the mananger of head mistress anymore then who lost their mind to replace the person who has been running the isa for years
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Thu May 18, 2017 8:59 am

Ryke Masha wrote:Sooooooooo just some thoughts on my end here.....Why is someone who isnt a manager of the isa posting isa stuff....I know I have been gone for a bit here but last I checked Tawny was the head mistress of the isa and knows the ins and outs of doing slave auctions since you know she has done every single one of them and has never failed about them.....and unless I am wrong and tawny isnt the mananger of head mistress anymore then who lost their mind to replace the person who has been running the isa for years

I think it has less to do with someone losing their marbles than someone just believed that given Tawny's absence in the last few days due to IRL, they believed Azara could watch over the ISA's activities in her place. In fact, Azara is now one of the moderators for the ISA thread (unless it was always there then my apologies lol).

Update: According to the site, Tawny is still indeed the Head Mistress of the ISA.
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Thu May 18, 2017 2:07 pm

Ryke Masha wrote:Sooooooooo just some thoughts on my end here.....Why is someone who isnt a manager of the isa posting isa stuff....I know I have been gone for a bit here but last I checked Tawny was the head mistress of the isa and knows the ins and outs of doing slave auctions since you know she has done every single one of them and has never failed about them.....and unless I am wrong and tawny isnt the mananger of head mistress anymore then who lost their mind to replace the person who has been running the isa for years

I don't remember losing my mind. Perhaps I could gain help finding if I had? Last checked, still in my head. Yup, just checked again. Still there.

And still there.

Yup. Its STILL there. But I thank you for your concern, Joe :) Its always heart warming to see folks making sure everything still works well.

Onto other notations. Azara was made Co-Manager of the ISA. I don't really believe Tawny can be replaced but certainly she could use a steady hand and a clear and precise mind that has done this job before. I'm most assured that these strong lovely women will do one hell of a good job together.

By the way.. ITS STILL THERE :D.... yup.. just checked. Still there.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby tbohms75 on Thu May 18, 2017 4:15 pm

I am good with the time frame, and look forward to putting another one of mine up for some fun....hmmm I wonder who this time?
tbohms75
Adept
Adept

Postby Azara on Thu May 18, 2017 5:32 pm

I will post the final details of the event on Saturday.

~A~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Storylines and Events