Storyline Goblin Publishing: The Secret Vulpine Agenda

For making suggestions about events and storylines you would like to see happen within the roleplay. NOT for posting about existing SL's which should go into What's Happening.

Moderator: Kerianna

Storyline Goblin Publishing: The Secret Vulpine Agenda

Postby Aeoles on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:43 am

This will be an ongoing storyline as Hurk Burkburger spreads these fliers out across the empire, slapping them up and passing them to whoever he passes.
Written in perfect Hand Writing, in less than stellar common and grammar(fixed for easier reading)

The Secret Vulpine Agenda for World Domination

It has come to my knowledge that there is a certain species that is spreading with great speed, the vulpines! They are infiltrating the highest offices, spreading across the empire, they are infesting the realm, and there is only reason for that. They are plotting world domination!

I have learned of many secrets lately, not only are there those who are born as vulpines but they can convert you to being one of them! I have evidence of the conversion of at least two people, the human Wade, and the rock troll Gabby. This evidence shows that they are not happy with the current status quo and want to spread as quickly as they can, taking over the bodies of able people and making them part of the conspiracy!

They are trying to take over the religions too, humans, goblins, and various other races have been spotted worshiping The Lady, this cannot stand! She was the mother of the vulpines, why would anyone outside of her species worship her? They are being brainwashed into worshiping, they are being forced to convert to make it easier for the Vulpine Agenda to take over.
Aeoles
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Storyline Goblin Publishing: The Secret Vulpine Agenda

Postby Kitani on Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:11 am

Two or three of the posters around town had been burned away. The walls behind them marked with a bit of ash and scorch marks from what might have been a fire bolt. In their place, are pieces of weather treated parchment, with masterfully scribed flowing calligraphy under the symbol of The Lady.

"The temple of our loving mother, The Lady, would like to welcome you into its sheltering embrace. It is a place of peace, and tranquility, where one might find a reprieve - no matter how brief your stay might be - from the chaos of life in the Empire's lands. Our attendants would be happy to make you comfortable, even if you have no interest in conversion, or active worship of our Loving Mother. We only wish you the best of days, peace of mind, and warmth of the soul."
Kitani
Novice
Novice

Postby Naomh on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 am

Ailbhe tended to regard most others with cautious ignorance. Many were worth ignoring but like insects one too many of them, or the wrong kind of them, can be dangerous so the crowd around a bulletin was ignored until she noted how many of them didn't just look her way, but continued staring while talking amongst each other. When she stopped one cleared his throat and asked her quite nicely if she could read and after confirmation asked if she could read the notices because his reading wasn't no good and he wanted to make certain he read the notice correctly because it wasn't saying nice things about vulpines with the ones that he had met bein' nice. With a sigh and a shake of her head Ailbhe took a look and read it over. As she read the grey vixen's eyebrow quirked, and once finished with it she looked back to the expectant crowd of bumpkins and.... smiled.

The cold smile with crimson gaze gave many of them reason to pause and find something else to do and once the crowd was scattered Ailbhe took the notice down, folded it up and slipped it under the chestpiece of her leather armour.

The Lady plotting world domination? Not true but with the rest of the stories it was something she could work with. The mentions of those worshipping the Lady, and some names of those being converted... she needed to look into that. One of only many, many mistakes to correct.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Aeoles on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:54 am

Addendum poster is hung under the remaining posters through out town, once more fixed for easier reading

Our intrepid scribe, spreader of great news was recently attacked by one of the Vulpine after he was spotted spreading the news. This was taken as a sure sign he is onto something. Why would an innocent creature attack someone, unless they had something the hide, the perpitrator is known was Callie, name gotten through various forms of research.

I warn all of you citizens, be wary of the vulpines. They may appear to be kind, beautiful, mysterious, but this is a guise in order to gain your trust. A few of my posters are already destroyed by Vulpani dissenters, keep an eye out for new posters as news is received.
Aeoles
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Yulia_Azura on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:37 am

Needing a bit out of the Inn to stretch her legs a bit, cause even scholarly Moriels need some bit of exercise. Plus the holiday Gaea's Rest was coming up, so Rivin Azura decided to take a walk around town and see if ould find the right outfit for such occasion. As she walked past the Naked Bird, peering into its closed windows Rivin started to notice all these posters plastered around. Reaching out picking it up, was it plastered on with just mud? She would have to find a place to wash afterwards.

As she started to read, it felt like her head was going to explode. Who ever wrote this, their penmanship was quiet excellent, but the spelling, the grammar, what a nightmare. The subject of the flyer seemed to be about Vulpines wanting to take over, Rivin could care less about that, but the poster was such a headache to read. Taking out a quill and ink she started to correct the spelling and grammar mistakes. After she was done with the first poster, Rivin felt compelled to correct every poster within eyesight.

"I need to find who ever is in charge of Goblin Publishing and have words with them." Folding the original poster she took down and set out her search.
Characters play: Tera Ryzen, Rivin Azura
Yulia_Azura
Novice
Novice

Postby Wadeywade on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:49 pm

under each addendum is another poster written in a straightforward but legible writ:
“My name is Wade uth Matar and I refure these postings.
straitght up, the Lady has never had any intention of conquest, only protection.
anyone attempting to harm Vulpines or those who support their faith or friendship will meet with Lighttnings’ swift justice,
and yet..
those who mean us no harm can expect the same from us, I do not want to hurt anyone. I do what I have to, to protect those I love and who love me, doesn’t matter who you worship or what your skin is..
bring harm on those who deserve no harm and you will feel my wrath.”

Signed,

Waed Uth Matar
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Aeoles on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:16 am

A new flier has been spotted across the lands, this one with the same perfect hand writing and poor grammar/spelling, once more fixed for easy ready

It has come to my attention that Vulpine worship death, through my research I have come across a ritual where they pray to the dead over black candles. This sort of dark worship practice is unheard of in other races, why do they worship the dead, are they going to sacrifice those who they convert over in order to raise their dead? This practice needs to come more into light, let someone witness it, let them be studied.

There is also another secret right they go through, a sexual practice, there are two, one by themselves and another with a partner. Sure some of the gods and goddesses practice like this, but they allow their rights to be viewed, they enjoy being watched. But these Vulpine, they keep their rituals a secret, why are they doing this? Shouldn't they want their practices to be known, that is unless there is some deeper, darker reason behind them. What is so scary about pleasuring yourself or another, what is so sacred that you need to do it in private? I demand answers, and I am sure you readers are searching for them!

Then we need to talk about the Vulpine sports, brutal, even for regular standards. Sure we have arena matches, but rarely do people get hurt there, and they are usually one on one. No, in Vulpine matches they have up to nine people fighting at one time! This is absurd, how is it fair, in sports, for more than two people to be there at one time? This could turn into eight on one, then seven! How is this a fair fight, it could go on until only one person, who is probably in the best health, coming out victorious. Again, tell me, how is this fair? Are there healers about, do they take breaks during the brutal assaults, these are important questions. Then it occured to me, these are actually training matches, they are learning how to fight in unfair conditions for when the final part of their invasion plan takes place!

What is better training that being ganged up on, being beaten down,and made to endure the melee? Nothing, this could only be used to traing them to fight the IG, the Valencian guard, and any other opposition they encounter. They are constantly training for war, in the guise of sport. How should we take this, should we invade their homes, take them and make them teach us how they fight so we are learned in their ways?

Keep an eye out avid readers as I uncover more about the salacious people that are the Vulpine, as I gain more information as they try to slip into the seats of power in the empire.
Aeoles
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Wadeywade on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:40 pm

(scrawled in that straightforward but legible writ:)

..I have as yet to meet a vulpine who worships death beyond the nod to the natural cycle of living. And not all Vulpines are natural exhibitionist, myself as an example. I think wherever you are getting your information, pal.. spmeones feeding you bullshit and cLling it pudding,.,
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Ryke Masha on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:58 pm

The entire time this has been happening the manager of the mmr has been taking down calmly these notes that are being stuck to his walls as he just shakes his to himself while in his office. "Well well well. Vulpines getting hated on again" he says to himself as the four tail 6'6" tall vulpine shaman sits down in his office writting up a note before going to the newest one of the notes and attaches it underneth "Greetings. I am the manager of the mmr known as joe. If ye have questions about vulpine religion or vulpines in general please feel free to come and see me at the mmr or seek me out and I will try to answer your questions to the best of my abilities" the note reads
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby Stormbringer on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Sounds like a tall tail to me!
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Wadeywade on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:28 am

a note appears on one of the many posting places, just one:

“Hurk, (yes I know who you are), I want to meet. face to face. I will come unarmed and alone, and clear up any misconceptions you have about what we do and why we do it. I await your response.”
Waed
-
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Elise`whitepaw on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:49 am

alyssa had been busy... her employ now new of the polt and sent her to ask a few to join him... this looked to be a mighty interesting turn of a events... and it looked as if it was going to be fun as well
Elise`whitepaw, isis`starfeather , Jinx`Quinn , Alyssa` Shadowfall, Adel ,Naut`kyn , Nessa`{rei-k}, Neva`frostsong,Jareth Gleamscale
Elise`whitepaw
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Thunder on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:26 am

hmmm maybe more looking into.. this could be fun
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
Thunder
Predominate
Predominate

Postby CallieO on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:18 am

Callie goes to the Savi'atar Safe House in Nanthalion, in a very secretive manner. She knows that the situation has deteriorated rapidly, and that anything could be the spark that lights the powder keg. Especially after today. She gets Brian Perano, one of the Savi'atar scribes, to write this letter for her in his best handwriting. When completed, she posts 20 copies of them throughout Nanthalion and Midvale.

There was an incident earlier this afternoon in which several people on both sides were hurt. Though we did our best to prevent injuries, I cannot help but feel a little responsible for how bad things have gotten, and so, in an attempt to cut things off at the pass before they get any worse, I am putting things in my own words.

On my way back from the Might Makes Right shop, in which I shared a pleasant afternoon lunch, I came upon my friend Wade talking with Hurk, the goblin behind the tracts put up by Goblin Publishing. This was to have been a private meeting between the two of them, though I was not aware of that going in. Hurk immediately began to panic, believing that Wade and I had lured him there. Wade informed me that the meeting was under a flag of truce, which I had no intention of violating, anyway: Hurting Hurk for what he's been publishing would only add legitimacy to his claims of a vast vulpine conspiracy.

But this was a very public place, and Hurk, in his panic, turned to the growing crowd of mostly humans to protect him. He named his source as being the "Wingy Things", which I'd never heard of before. At this point, we were joined by a female catbat whom I'd never met before, and whose name I do not know. She tried to help us calm the crowd, which was starting to shout at us, in favor of Hurk. Hurk also alleged that a vulpine dressed in black has been following him for the past week. Wade made the suggestion that he would do his best to locate and identify this phantom stalker.

Wade, Hurk, and I tried to calm the crowd down, but they were quickly becoming a mob. Wade tried to frighten them into dispersing with a thunderclap, but only succeeded in causing the mob to believe that we'd attacked Hurk. Around this time, Thunder entered the fray, and she used her earth mage abilities to put four walls around us. Wade lifted me, himself, and the woman up above the crowd, but the crowd started hurling projectiles, both physical and magical, at us.

I was hesitant to leave Hurk down there to fend for himself against the crowd, so I suggested to Wade that he lift the goblin up into the air with us so that we could all make our escape. Unfortunately, I did not anticipate that this would make the crowd even more angry at us, as they thought we were trying to kidnap Hurk. When I saw that some rocks and spells were hitting Hurk, I put myself in between him and the crowd. The catbat woman who'd been on our side took a Fire Bolt to the chest and fell somewhere into the forest; I have not yet discovered what became of her.

At that point, Zabug arrived, demanding that we release Hurk, so I lowered Hurk back down to the ground, on the outside of the box created by Thunder's magical abilities. Zabug led him away someplace, and Thunder used a magical spell to calm the crowd through song and disperse them.

I feel I should take this opportunity to address some of the allegations that Hurk has laid out in his most recent tract. First of all, the vulpine do not worship death, nor do we pray to dead ancestors. The service he referred to, taking place in front of a black candle, is called a boz'na ["remembrance"] service. It's held on the first of every calendar month, and sometimes more frequently. Throughout our lives, vulpines maintain a boz'na'tar, a remembrance scroll. We write down the names of all our friends and loved ones who have preceded us into death, and we pray that The Lady watch over their souls. In the event that another friend or relative passes into death, we add that name immediately and hold another boz'na service on the day in which we first hear of their passing.

Hiyazhin, worship through masturbation, and orinjin, worship through sex with another person, are two important rites in triestan culture (triestan refers to the worship of The Lady, called "shuka triesta" in the Vulpani tongue). They can be performed publicly or privately, and a lot of particularly hedonistic and exhibitionist vulpines indeed do perform them publicly. Most of the time, I myself choose to perform these rites privately, because I don't like to expose my body to just anyone these days. I was an exhibitionist in my 20's, but for the last several years, as I've grown a successful business, I've found it more important to be taken seriously, which is difficult to accomplish if I go running around willy-nilly having sex in public.

As for the gladiatorial sport, winzama, that Hurk refers to, it's a sport that dates back to the early centuries of the vulpine race, when we were vastly outnumbered by most every other race in Belariath. We came to seek new friends among the other races, but were often met with suspicion and violence because we're very different from every other race on the planet. So winzama was indeed created as a combat sport where we could learn to fight against all odds in a relatively safe environment. Every race has the right to defend themselves, and the vulpine race is no different.

The vulpine race is not the enemy, nor are we planning to take over the world. We seek friendship with other races. That's the reason I came to Nanthalion 12 years ago, because my hometown was about 90% vulpine. I've made lots of friends here, non-vulpine and vulpine alike, and I'm known throughout the empire as being a kind, understanding, and hospitable person.

I was greatly disheartened by the fact that a few customers of mine were a part of the mob that fought against us. But I bear them no ill will. As a former soldier, I've seen mob violence before, and I know the mentality. I understand that many of them will look back and regret what they tried to do. Every one of them is still welcome at my restaurant.

But I will not permit my restaurant to be attacked, nor will I allow anyone within its walls to either commit an act of violence nor be the victim of one. Callista's Vulpine Cuisine is a safe zone that I will defend with my life's breath.

Anyone who wishes to discuss this incident with me in person is free to do so, and I'm also happy to answer any questions about vulpine culture that one might have, as well as, hopefully, clear up any misconceptions.

Sincerely,

Callie Volopa
Musha Villa
Verlosi Tribe
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:52 am

Hannah had finally taken notice since she had heard whispering about. All read.. and a tilts off head as she took down one of each and folded them neatly and put them in her pouch. Yep she was vulpine and was also the legal bonded mate to the Grand Inquisitor to the Emperor himself. Yep Hannah would make sure he saw these as soon as possible. She also almost prayed she crossed paths with one writing this nonsense. If he wanted a upset vulpine Hannah would gladly show him one.
Tawny

Next

Return to Storylines and Events