Storyline Goblin Publishing: The Secret Vulpine Agenda

For making suggestions about events and storylines you would like to see happen within the roleplay. NOT for posting about existing SL's which should go into What's Happening.

Moderator: Kerianna

Re: Storyline Goblin Publishing: The Secret Vulpine Agenda

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:30 am

Aeoles wrote:New fliers appear across town in the night, bearing the logo of the AVA, hastily scrawled and with no care for hand writing

Last night, during a peacfull gathering a group of followers were killed mercilessly by a band of Vulpine and their constituents. This attack was uncalled for, we lost eighteen of our own to this attack, two survived this slaughter but were taken by these Vulpine. This will not stand, we demand the release of our compatriots, they were only defending themselves against a perceived threat to the empire. Should anyone stand with the Vulpines they will be met with the same distrust as we have for them. This is a warning, all those who stand against the AVA and with the Vulpine are to be seen as traitors to the Empire, we stand with strength, we stand with a cause, we stand together.

-Prominate, Anti Vulpine Aliance.

"....."

This is getting out of hand, thought the Manager of The Works as she looks to the new fliers now plastered across the walls and Bulletin Board. She has heard about the trouble that happened outside of the restaurant not too long ago and probably would have joined in had it been in her path - though, she definitely would have dealt with the problem differently.

To her workers (NPCs), Abby would issue the orders:

"Take these fliers off the damn walls. But..."

"<Catfolk> More of these are popping up; take them off and bring them to me. But..."

<"Dwarven> Those people are at it again. Take down all of the fliers and bring 'em to me. But..."

But much like what she has been doing with the other fliers, she would only dispose of most of them... but would keep at least one or two with her for herself to keep. She would hide this fact so as to not risk making her friends, acquaintances, or workers misinterpret her actions... and given how ugly the situation has become, she feels they easily would.

But also there is purpose, as she would add to her instructions:

"... do not kill or harm anyone if possible."

"<Catfolk> ... do not kill or harm anyone if possible."

"<Dwarven> ... do not kill or harm anyone if possible."

Some of the workers would protest or question this, especially knowing that this anti-vulpine group do not share such sentiments, but Abby would also tell them this: that she knows how these people think and function.

Especially judging from the latest flier; these people will not listen to reason and will steer or twist things to make them feel like they are the victims, but does that mean all of them - even the ones who bring harm to the people - are completely at fault? To Abby: no. Some of these people truly believe in the words written by the gob and are merely acting out for their own security. And people take advantage of this by pandering to this weakness.

Killing them one by one definitely is not the solution here. Not unless people simply want to scare this group with fear alone. What about once all this ends? Would these people really stop? Or will they simply just rest until the next time someone arouses this kind of panic? Regardless of what is going on, the people are still people of the Empire.

Being a Mercenary for most of her life has made the Manager of The Works try to see and understand things from both sides; it is why she has yet to stand on any side on this.

Killing what are essentially just angry common folk is easy, yes, but Abby has always followed one principle of hers: just because you can, does not mean you should.

"Maybe The General Store should just stop supplying the gob with papers..."

And now Nobles are getting involved against the anti-vulpine group too, even going so far as to affecting the Healing House, who normally would not turn away anyone.

She cannot act against the aggressors; she cannot look like she is supporting the aggressors either. The Manager of The Works will try to remain neutral here as much as possible... but she wonders how long that can last before she is forced to act.

But, for now, The Works will only take off the fliers.

And Abby will once again keep some for her own personal use. Just so she knows what to avoid to provoke these people any further.
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Naomh on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:46 am

"Mmm... what is it?" Anaya glanced over toward the green eyed raven that lands on the desk next to her, a parchment in its beak. The dark torian idly plucks the paper from her familiar's grasp and read through it. Unfolding it she found not one, but two papers, and after giving them a quick read. More of these 'notices'. They were starting to become a nuisance, an annoyance... and a threat. With a frown she gathered her own papers and wrote down a quick new notice to put up on the notice board at the Sorcerous Sanctuary.

Until further notice this notice board is for official announcements relating to the Sorcerous Sanctuary only.
Any announcements, notices or papers for any other purpose will be immediately removed.
Repeat offenders, be it individual or groups, will be dealt with accordingly.

The rest of her opinions were kept to herself, the sanctuary was neutral ground after all, but if this nonsense spreads to her store she'll be most displeased.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Wadeywade on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:25 am

Wade had done what he needed to, to secure the statue. looking across this self-imposed prison Wade saw the gold casket of Telbuk, inside he knew the statue of Laymeesha lay inside, unable to escape her brothers’ prison. Around it sat thirty kegs of the highest grade whiskey, one keg had a cork not a stopper, and through the cork was shoved a thick copper wire. that wire ran across the cave, the end laying nearby.

Wade had devised this after the barricades, it would be a last-ditch effort if this Anti-Vulpine Alliance tried to free her. three days of work had gone into this so far along with the improvement he had paid the REB for. for two night he saw massive billows of smoke rising from the Amalhe valley, on the third night he flew over. the entire orchard was destroyed, the trees burned or uprooted or both; whiskey casks lay scattered, smashed open and full of rain water now. scrawled in the grass with a blade were the words: “Bring us the statue, nobody dies.” the AVA logo was dug into the earth beneath that.

Then, he flew back to the island; he had hopes they were too stupid to find it.. he could not be so lucky; that was when he prepared his little ‘surprise’, in the hopes that, if they did ahow up, he would bury them, himself and the stature under a thousand tons of rock and mountain. the stump of what was his tail ached, so he took a rest for awhile.
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Tawny on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:40 am

Hannah had read and seen enough. So she took ink and quill and made her own sign to be posted on the door of the General Store.
LET BE KNOWN TO ALL WHO WORK IN THE GENERAL STORE

Nothing and I do mean NOTHING is to be sold to anyone wearing or even
stating they are part of this AVA. Anyone caught selling to them will be fired on
the spot. I, Hannah am a full blood vulpine and the AVA or anyone working with them
are not welcome in this store.

She reads it over and then hangs it on the front door in plain sight for all to read.
Tawny

Postby Ryke Masha on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:34 am

Eariler today the AVA made a move against the mmr and painted a fox tail within a circle marking it as a vulpine managed store. This has serverly pissed of joe and a new note is posted to the mmr door reading "To whomever vandilzed the mmr shop. If I find out who you are and I will personally seek ye out and turn ye in to the imperial guard or worst yet I might turn ye over to the co-owner of the shop ehlanna. Which would be a worst fate I have not decided but ye better beware"
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby Aeoles on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:38 pm

Across the empire vandalism has be rampant, paintings of Vulpine tails with a red circle are appearing on the sides of establishments run by, employ, or managed by vulpines. This sign is a symbol of the AVA, marking a business to be avoided by Members of the AVA. The main buildings targeted so far are: The Works, The MMR, and the CVC. Each mark bears the Logo of the AVA and the signature of Prominate, hinting he has been the one marking the buildings himself.
Aeoles
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Twerlinger on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:46 pm

The singular notice that had been left upon the door to the Apothecary had been noted and removed carefully, taken for study by the manager within, before it was replaced carefully upon its previous position, just a simple adjustment added to it.

Currently the Apothecary is standing neutral within this current level of consideration and threat. Threats, or violence upon this place of employee will be dealt with by the manager himself to the full extend of his abilities. Consider this the singular warning that any party will receive upon this matter.
Twerlinger

Postby CallieO on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:37 am

Upon seeing the AVA logo on the northern side of her restaurant, Callie is quite angry, and debates with herself what to do about it. Ultimately, she has her slave Gareth Renthart make a wooden sign, which she attaches to the north wall, by means of a pair of small signposts. She makes no attempt to cover the AVA logo with it.

The sign reads, "Proudly Owned and Operated by Callie Volopa, Musha Villa of the Verlosi vulpine tribe." The Lady teaches Her children to be proud of their skills and accomplishments. She is not going to let anybody or anything make her feel ashamed of who and what she is.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:59 am

Well, they finally did it: those damn Anti-Vulpine Association people actually targeted The Works by painting a picture of fox tail on the wall. Abby can only make the guess that this has something to do with the fact that The Works does have a vulpine under employment...

... but with that bit of information - paired with the Manager of The Works' observations this whole entire time - Abby can come up with a lot of theories, but the most prominent would be...

... the group consists mostly of the common folk of Nanthalion Town.

They have to be because unlike Callie's restaurant and the Might Makes Right, The Works is not run by a vulpine BUT does employ one as one of its workers. So that means the people are familiar enough with The Works here to know this; outsiders may not have fully known about said workers.

To support this train of thought is the fact that the Anti-Vulpine Association has apparently not struck the twin magic towers - Umbara and Unigo - and the businesses around it like the Apothecary or the Silent Embrace. This drew out the said conclusion because most common folk do not dare to travel outside of town; alternatively, they may just be avoiding the place because they have little to no protection against magic, made evident by how they easily fell to Joe's magic outside of the Might Makes Right.

Enchantments are expensive and the common folk do not have the means to afford them.

And Abby knows that the locals of Nanthalion are easily spooked... and a lot of them would not have the courage nor the understanding to plan all this out and targeting these businesses. Which brings Abby to guess that the one behind this - Prominate - may very well be an outsider. But it is someone who knows how to use people to his advantage, pandering to the insecurities of the people.

And the worst part is... Abby feels that attack outside of the Might Makes Right and the people slain by Joe and the others... was probably planned. Including the AVA members getting killed. This 'Prominate' must have sent them after Joe knowing full well they can use this to antagonize the vulpines. And Joe and the rest fell for it.

This 'Prominate' is crafty... but what Abby has yet to figure out is 'why'.

But for whatever reason: what Hurk wrote at first was probably an opening they needed.

Still, Abby does not have any concrete proof nor any real reason to chase after them; she will, however, still remain cautious.
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby DiasEesha on Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:20 am

Well out of the town itself the Drak remained with an eye on the situation and its slowly spreading poison. She wasn't about to blatantly tip her hand though doing so would add fuel to the flames and her plan was quite converse to such a thing, undermining and breaking will was one thing, creating more martyrs and creating an even bigger following through it by "seemingly" giving credence to the actions and deaths was entirely another. Still, she had her own ways of getting things done, ones that a time or two where used for the empire, and that now would be done so without needing to request her involvement. More accurately though, was that she simply wasn't going to play into the game, there where pieces of the game that were still missing. ones that she wanted to know before shed start playing in earnest. Ultimately, yes this was a game the Prominate was playing with the people and working them for some currently unknown end, and possibly for another unknown entity. For now, her role was already active, simply waiting, the jaws would snap shut in due time when they'd do irreparable damage to this movement.
DiasEesha
Expert
Expert

Postby CallieO on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:34 am

My Other Vulpine Characters

Erin Tarcata was at her Mistress Traael's bakery, Tempting Confections, when she heard of the anti-vulpine riot that had ended with 18 people dead. The news shook the vixen to the core, and she told Traael, respectfully, that she would not leave the bakery unaccompanied by the powerful water mage for the duration of the emergency.

Brian Perano, a scribe of the Savi'atar, helped Callie Volopa dictate a response to Hurk's third tract. For him, it was just business as usual.

Aimee Sarasiné, who lives in a big white yurt in the middle of the forest, was set upon by three members of the AVA while she was bathing. When they tried to rape her, Aimee went into a frenzy and killed all three of them, leaving their bodies for a nearby group of vultures to feed upon.

Alice Silvertoe, an acolyte in the vulpine temple, remained at the temple to provide spiritual guidance and comfort to anybody and everybody who needed it-- vulpine and non-vulpine alike.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Velina on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:00 am

Having taken notice of the growing chaos she dispatched her Familiar to her fellow vulpine, she was close to with a message coded using an inverted number in vulpine character ( OCC note so letters converts to the number and the order reverse to the last letter is represented number 1 and the first but the number for the last letter of the vulpine alphabet.) letting them know the position of her cabin as a safe house. She then makes preparation to house a great deal of guest hunting and smoking meats. She comes to the MMR in full combat gear long blow slung from her shoulder, wrist crossbow on her left hand, her quiver of bolts on her hip and arrows on her back, on her right hip she had a rapier, she was clad in her mithril chain mail, vambraces, and greaves with he hunting cloak on. She was ready to fight if she had to. This was how she would come to work each day.
Velina
Novice
Novice

Postby Aeoles on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:06 am

A new tract is hung across the empire, baring the mark of the AVA

It has come to my attention that multiple members of my association have come under assault by Vulpine, this affront will not stand! Let it be known violence against us will be met in kind, any who stand against us are to be reciprocated with the same they give us.

I am aware of three more of my men being murdered by a vulpine after confronting her about her actions, let it be known this is recorded. We know, we will not forgive these assaults.

We stand by the safety of the empire and will protect her with our life.

-Prominate, Anti Vulpine Alliance
Aeoles
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Ryke Masha on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am

Joe notices the new stuff posted on the boards across the empire and jsut shakes his head as he writes up his own notes and puts them up on the boards as well "I dont know who ye are prominate but I have bleed and died for this empire before. I was one of the ones who were in the war against the north when the time came I gladly took up arms and even paid any mmr employees who bared the mark of the mmr their time in the battle and I regularly help out lesser parts of the empire with deliveries of mmr goods to their weapon and armor shops. That being said emperor stormbringer made this empire so all races can come and join up with the empire. By being anti vulpine you go against the empire and the nobles themselves and let us not forget their are two nobles who are themselves vulpines and have earn the trust the emperor to be granted noble status. In final note to this message of your little cult. If ye and your little cult wish to get revenge against the people that were in the mob that I help dispatch. Then come find me but ask first the shaman that got away what he saw and why he ran back to you with foul smelling pants" signed Joe, manager of the mmr
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:12 am

Aeoles wrote:A new tract is hung across the empire, baring the mark of the AVA

It has come to my attention that multiple members of my association have come under assault by Vulpine, this affront will not stand! Let it be known violence against us will be met in kind, any who stand against us are to be reciprocated with the same they give us.

I am aware of three more of my men being murdered by a vulpine after confronting her about her actions, let it be known this is recorded. We know, we will not forgive these assaults.

We stand by the safety of the empire and will protect her with our life.

-Prominate, Anti Vulpine Alliance

Abby reads one of the 'warnings' plastered on the wall in town and shakes her head. "... did ya read all that" Who she is talking to is unclear, however. "It's getting worse and ya can see it all in the writing. Prominate's writing this claiming this is for the good of the Empire." A scoff escapes the Mercenary. "... what a way to pander to one's patriotism..."

But Abby's experience as a Mercenary encourages her to read between the lines like she normally does over her contracts. Perhaps the one thing she paid the most attention here is the line:

Let it be known violence against us will be met in kind, any who stand against us are to be reciprocated with the same they give us

So, basically, what Abby understood from the words is... 'Keep fighting us and I'll send more and more people to be killed by your hands'. The writing implies that all is equal but that is most likely to build confidence in the other members of the AVA, but realistically... apart from what happened to Wade, the AVA are currently on the losing end against the people who fight them - there is little to NO way they could win this fight in the long run... thus why Abby comes with her conclusion about the hidden meaning and/or trap behind those words.

The deaths of their members will surely rile the others up and they will retaliate violently; perhaps more violently than before and may leave others with no choice but to kill them in self-defense. The perfect set-up to give Prominate more things to write about next time.

And Prominate purposely did not describe the vulpine mentioned in his warning; Abby does not believe that is due to a lack of information alone, but most probably done on purpose so people will be left with little choice but to be wary or cautious of any female vulpine. Abby wonders if this is just an indirect way of targeting Callie, who is perhaps the most well-known female vulpine in the whole entire town.

Abby takes the notice down - just one of them - and slides it into her satchel.

What exactly does this Prominate want, she wonders...
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

PreviousNext

Return to Storylines and Events