Festival of Food Bake-Off at The Works (8/6 - 10/6)

For making suggestions about events and storylines you would like to see happen within the roleplay. NOT for posting about existing SL's which should go into What's Happening.

Moderator: Kerianna

Festival of Food Bake-Off at The Works (8/6 - 10/6)

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Wed May 29, 2019 1:04 pm

FESTIVAL OF FOOD BAKE-OFF
(8th JUNE to 10th JUNE)

Once the days of Blood Swan Moon come to an end, The Works will be celebrating Festival of Food - a day where we celebrate the great bakers of the Empire and its many diverse cuisines – with the FESTIVAL OF FOOD BAKE-OFF contest! It is a time to forget the sourness of the past few days and relish in the sweetness of life.

The preliminaries will take place from the 8th to 10th, where bakers who signed up will battle in a bake-off via Round Robin, meaning everyone will have a chance at competing against each other.

Top four bakers (two if not enough) with the most wins will duke it out on the 10 June, this time via Elimination. Prizes are only handed out to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place.

Sign-Ups require a fee of 50 Mehrials per person.

Ingredients will be provided throughout the event.

RULES/MECHANICS:

1. Characters pay 50 Mhl to participate (!money sub 50mhl). Only ONE character per player allowed is allowed to join.

2. Every Bake-Off will only require the player to make ONE OR TWO posts of their characters preparing/baking/serving their dish and it does NOT need to be overly detailed.

(For example: As soon as they are told to begin cooking, Abby started gathering up the ingredients provided on the table. First, Abby preheats the oven before she starts cutting up the fish into fillet. The redhead centers the fillets on the wooden board and sprinkle each with dill weed, onion powder, parsley, paprika, seasoned salt, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Finally, she sprinkles lemon juice over each fillet and then puts them into the preheated oven until all the fillet flakes easily with a fork. Then comes her simply waiting for her turn to serve her dish to the judges).

3. There are TWO/THREE judges and they will be actual Players (NPCs if not possible). Once the food is served, EACH judge must roll a 1d20 and will then make a quick response post (judges are not encouraged to take too long typing up a post) based on the numbers below:
1-5: Bad
6-10: Average
11-15: Good
16-19: Great!
20: AMAZING!

(NOTE: Judges can play out their response however they want as long as it corresponds to the above ‘Reactions’. For example: Abby rolls 1-5 would give… “Blegh… Something tastes off with this…” or Abby rolls a 20… “Whoa…! This is incredible! I can taste the UNIVERSE!”)

• Characters with the RANKED SKILL in BAKING/CANDY-MAKING gets a +1 bonus to the Judges’ rolls per rank at a maximum of +5 (Master). So if a Judge is tasting food from a character who has a Master Rank in Baking/Candy-Making, they will roll !r 1d20+5.
4. Winner goes to the BAKER who gets the highest accumulated points from the three judges.

5. ALL Bakers should have competed against each other before the 10th. Manager of The Works will keep track of this.

6. ONLY the top FOUR Bakers with the most wins can move on to the finals and they will be paired then via !choose command.

7. Bake-Offs will follow the same rules 3 and 4.

8. Prizes will then be handed out to the Top Three Chefs as seen below:

1st PLACE:
100 Mhl + 50% of Accumulated Funds + 625 Mhl (Donated by Lord Stormwind) + 100 Mhl (Donated by India)
Custom Work Order (Medal for Winner of Festival of Food Bake-Off ’19)

2nd PLACE:
50 Mhl + 30% of Accumulated Funds + 375 Mhl (Donated by Lord Stormwind) + 60 Mhl (Donated by India)

3rd PLACE:
25 Mhl + 20% of Accumulated Funds +250 Mhl (Donated by Lord Stormwind) + 40 Mhl (Donated by India)

JUDGES:
Abby
Traael
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Festival of Food Bake-Off at The Works (8/6 - 10/6)

Postby Hashmulan on Thu May 30, 2019 12:04 am

Airy's participating or her name isn't Shirley!
Hashmulan
Expert
Expert

Postby Amethine on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Airy's name ISN'T "Shirley"...

Uh, well... Amethine shall tentatively join.
Amethine Tawariell is the main catgirl.
Felicia`Delacroix is the naughty catgirl.
All the catgirl's just wanna have fun!

If you like this wax-seal, I could make one for your too. PM or hit me up in IRC if you're interested :)
Thank you Abby for drawing the amazing pic I'm using as the avatar!
Amethine
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Naomi on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:28 pm

naomi belatedly signs up
Because I am one with the taker of life, and I love pain and suffering, misery and death as it loves me. These are things I am not willing to give up, if death is release then let it never find me so I may live long and suffer much.
Naomi
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Storylines and Events