House Dethsiris Aerial Race

For making suggestions about events and storylines you would like to see happen within the roleplay. NOT for posting about existing SL's which should go into What's Happening.

Moderator: Kerianna

Postby Aleric on Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:26 am

Attention all Mephos, and Rook Riders as well as Open Air Flyers!

House Dethsiris is hosting an Aerial Race event...tentatively set for August (the 1st)... Time set to be at 2:00 PM Eastern time. . Open to all Noble Houses that have Mephos and Rook Riders as well as Open Air Flyers that want to come and compete for Awards, Title Recognition and not to mention Bragging Rights...

The classes competing will be Mephos and Rook Riders as well as Open Air Flyers. There will be some unbonded Mephos and Rooks for anyone also that would like to take a try in competing as well

The course will be set to start at Dethsiris Castle. Each competitor will be given (5) spears. In the case of the Open Air Class, those competitors will be provided a bow with a quiver of (5) arrows. They will depart from the starting point in Dethsiris Castle following a planned course that will lead each Rider to fly over each of the sacred temples (Adenver, Ishtar, Gaea and Kirva) where a hoop will be placed on the pinnacle of each temple.. (see link below that shows the planned route,) The rider will need to pass each Temple and throw a spear to pass thru each hoop. Each successful shot gains the rider a point. (Hit / Miss to be determined by Q Dice roll)..The attempts will be as you pass with no stopping or hovering....a final hoop will be placed for the rider upon returning to Dethsiris Castle which will end the run. Riders will be staged one at a time so as to not get entangled with another rider during the flight. Points will be tallied and the top three Riders will be awarded..

"This is a precision course to test the skill of each Rider who competes.."

The top winner of all three classes will compete against each other for the title of Grand Champion and will be given a special award and recognition along with a special voucher for their effort and skill.

"Note:In the case of a tie for first place in any class, A Ride Off will be held to decide the winner"

All interested respond to this message if you wish to attend and what class you want to compete in…
and spectators are welcome to watch...

Food and refreshments will be catered by Callista’s Vulpine Cuisine

Awards.:

Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each class. The Grand Champion will receive a Mythril long sword with "D,A,R. Grand Champion" engraved on the blade.

Medals: 1st Gold 2nd Silver 3rd Copper Grand Champion Mythril

Monetary Awards will be as follows.:

In Each Class: 1st 2nd 3rd

300 200 100 x 3 = 1800 + 500 =2300 for cash rewards

Grand Champion: 500

Vouchers

In Each Class: 1st 2nd 3rd Grand Champion

REB 250 100 50
General Store 100 75 50 300
Naked Bird 100 75 50 300
MMR 200 125 75 300
CVC ( Date Night Package for 1st place Class Winners and a complete Banquet for Grand Champion )

Nighthawk
Dethsiris Ground General

( Link to map showing the planned flight path: Aerial Race Flight Plan - https://i.imgur.com/Px54qTB.jpeg
Aleric
Initiate
Initiate

Re: House Dethsiris Aerial Race

Postby Sha`Ruse on Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:18 am

Varis will be signing up for the Rook races. With his hook to young to fly, he will need an unbonded Rook.
Mun of: Traael, Cameo, Lelay, Varis, Syn, Lyon
Sha`Ruse
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Annwyn on Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:22 pm

Annwyn will absolutely take part in the "open flyers" portion. Gotta stretch those wings.
Annwyn

Postby CallieO on Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:19 pm

Dame Tennibrook Balmossie, who has already gained some renown by finishing third in last year's Mithril Camerie Cup, will compete in the Aerial Race, riding her rook, Jilbo.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Wadeywade on Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:34 pm

Wade will compete in this spectacle, either as an open flyer or riding Diana Pince Spencer uth Matar, his Mephos.
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Odette on Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:49 am

Mae wants to take part in the "open flyers" portion.
Player of Odette, Mae, Blair, Whispera Cassian Darkwing, Ashe, Lyndis, Sednar, Myrilla, Faena, Rossalee, Jinli, Ives, Dagass, Emiko, Dasyra, Evanora, Reinarr, Neaira, Maci, Kazumi, Nikita, Varkhan
Odette
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Gabriel Storm-Dancer on Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:40 pm

I could put Gabriel in here.
Gabriel Storm-Dancer
Expert
Expert

Postby Caolan on Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:26 pm

Cao will ride his mephos Lucky for a win!
Available at any time;

Caolan (Gold High Elf, General Store Assistant Manager, Healing House attendant)
    Vaden (Silver moriel cat, Body Arts artist and piercer)
    Thythm (Earthly Drak`Sen Bastard)
    Billie Chersky (single-tailed orange foxkit)

Pms are always open to anyone
Caolan
Expert
Expert

Postby Rida_Cherryglade on Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:12 pm

Id like to sign up Rida for the Mephos race together with her Mephos Anthemis and if possible id sign up Liel for the natural flyers race
Rida_Cherryglade
Expert
Expert

Postby CallieO on Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:25 pm

We didn't have very many people show up for the originally scheduled start time, so we've pushed it back to Sunday, August 1 at 2 pm. Please re-confirm your participation below, and if you didn't sign up before but would like to now because the new start time works better for you, you are also welcome to do so.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Odette on Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:03 pm

Mae wants to take part in the "open flyers" portion.
Player of Odette, Mae, Blair, Whispera Cassian Darkwing, Ashe, Lyndis, Sednar, Myrilla, Faena, Rossalee, Jinli, Ives, Dagass, Emiko, Dasyra, Evanora, Reinarr, Neaira, Maci, Kazumi, Nikita, Varkhan
Odette
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Zeddular on Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:41 pm

Tul`Ravien will show up to take part and ride one of the unbonded mounts.
Zeddular
Initiate
Initiate

Postby CallieO on Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:03 am

Results

1st Round Qualifying Heat:

Natural: Aavran (5), Wade (3), Mae (2)
Rook: Tenni (7), Varis (2), Annwyn (0 at-large)
Mephos: Tul (5), Jaescin (3), Rida (1)
Advancing to Grand Champion Race: Aavran, Tennibrook Balmossie, Tul`Ravien

Grand Champion Race:

Gold Medalist: Tul`Ravien 7 points,
Silver Medalist: Aavran 3 points
Bronze Medalist: Tennibrook Balmossie 1 point
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Final Results and Closing Announcement

Postby Aleric on Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:21 pm

People of Belariath!!!!!
The House Dethsiris Aerial Race has come to and end. Nine valiant competitors tested their courage and flying skills in a very intense competition to see who are the best in their class. The competition was challenging,, Metal tested, skills push to their limits,, In the end, one would stand before the rest to be crowned GRAND CHAMPION!!!..Best of the best!!!

Below is the list of competitors who challenged each other and finished according to the results given by the judges:

Mephos Class:

1st Place: Tul`Ravien
2nd Place: Jaescin
3rd Place: Rida

Rook Class:

1st Place: Tennibrook`Balmossie
2nd Place: Varis
3rd Place: Annwyn

Unmounted "Winged Flyers"

1st Place: Admiral Aavran
2nd Place: Wade
3rd Place: Mae

Grand Champion Flyoff Competitors:

Tul`Ravien
Tennibrook`Balmossie
Admiral Aavran

Placing according to scores:

1st Place: Tul`Ravien
2nd Place: Admiral Aavran
3rd Place: Tennibrook`Balmossie

Ladies and Gentleman, After final scoring was completed, Allow me to introduce our Grand Champion: TUL`RAVIEN !!!!!!

Give all our competitors a round of applause !!! They are all champions and are worthy of praise.....

I declare the Dethsiris Aerial Competition closed and Thank You all for attending...

Sir Richard Nighthawke
Commanding General
Dethsiris Ground Forces
Aleric
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Storylines and Events