Sorcerer's Sanctuary: Basic Rules and Guidelines

Place to learn news about the magic shop, and discuss developments. Not for magic dev generally, use the proper forum for that.

Moderator: Naomh

Re: Sorcerer's Sanctuary: Basic Rules and Guidelines

Postby Miss Magical on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Nods. With the thing you said above it makes more sense to me, heh.

What I'm confused on, then, is how making a spell permanent means you can use it without stamina, as Crow said. Why is that, and are there limitations to how often you can use the spell if you do that?

If you buy an expendable charge for the spell does it mean that you 'have' to use that charge next time you cast it from the item, or can you hang on to it until a desperate situation, and cost at Full Stamina before & after using the expendable charge?
Never robust as a melody, only a broken chord to sing.
User avatar
Miss Magical
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Re: Sorcerer's Sanctuary: Basic Rules and Guidelines

Postby lyllamarie on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Miss Magical wrote:Nods. With the thing you said above it makes more sense to me, heh.

What I'm confused on, then, is how making a spell permanent means you can use it without stamina, as Crow said. Why is that, and are there limitations to how often you can use the spell if you do that?

If you buy an expendable charge for the spell does it mean that you 'have' to use that charge next time you cast it from the item, or can you hang on to it until a desperate situation, and cost at Full Stamina before & after using the expendable charge?



Why is it that making it perm has no stamina cost? uhm......... probably because its magic? :p

There is no limit on casting a spell that is made permanent, hence the exorbitant cost compared to a refreshing charge.. which IS limited in the times you can cast it.

Yes to your last Question. You can hang onto it. I am not aware of any expiration date on expandable charges.
The player of
LyllaMarie{SB} || Sutara || Ebilese || Hellian Cros || Kuma || Imogene
User avatar
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: lurking on the message board.

Re: Sorcerer's Sanctuary: Basic Rules and Guidelines

Postby Miss Magical on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:30 pm

lyllamarie wrote:Why is it that making it perm has no stamina cost? uhm......... probably because its magic? :p

There is no limit on casting a spell that is made permanent, hence the exorbitant cost compared to a refreshing charge.. which IS limited in the times you can cast it.


Gotchit! Am properly chastised :wink:
Never robust as a melody, only a broken chord to sing.
User avatar
Miss Magical
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Re: Sorcerer's Sanctuary: Basic Rules and Guidelines

Postby crow on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Miss Magical wrote:If you buy an expendable charge for the spell does it mean that you 'have' to use that charge next time you cast it from the item, or can you hang on to it until a desperate situation, and cost at Full Stamina before & after using the expendable charge?



Correct me if I am wrong.
But I believe you are asking..
"If I enchant my dagger with expendable charges 15firebolt. Would I be able to keep those charges if I cast the 15fire bolt from my dagger without losing the charge, by paying stamina for it?"
I think they answer to that is "No". As it would make no sense to have the spell enchant option if you can repeatedly cast charge spells by paying the stamina cost, At a fraction of the mhl cost for enchanting it.

Perhaps Lyllamarie could shine further light on that.

If I missunderstood your question though, woops my bad.
Image
User avatar
crow
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 2:15 pm

Re: Sorcerer's Sanctuary: Basic Rules and Guidelines

Postby Miss Magical on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:16 pm

No, I meant, say, you have your 15 slot Fire Bolt, that you pay with Full Stamina, but I want to have an ace-in-the-hole type of thing for when my Stamina is low, so I buy an expendable charge. Can I still cast the spell at full Stamina and save the charge for when I really need it?
Never robust as a melody, only a broken chord to sing.
User avatar
Miss Magical
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Re: Sorcerer's Sanctuary: Basic Rules and Guidelines

Postby crow on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:05 pm

Miss Magical wrote:No, I meant, say, you have your 15 slot Fire Bolt, that you pay with Full Stamina, but I want to have an ace-in-the-hole type of thing for when my Stamina is low, so I buy an expendable charge. Can I still cast the spell at full Stamina and save the charge for when I really need it?

Oh I see.
Seems to me that is perfectly alright.
Image
User avatar
crow
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 2:15 pm

Re: Sorcerer's Sanctuary: Basic Rules and Guidelines

Postby miyuka on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:47 pm

two different enchants if I'm reading it right.
User avatar
miyuka
High Council
High Council
 
Posts: 3988
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Georgia USA baby!

Previous

Return to Sorcerous Sanctuary

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest