Aquatic Familiars

Place to learn news about the magic shop, and discuss developments. Not for magic dev generally, use the proper forum for that.

Moderator: Naomh

Aquatic Familiars

Postby Rida_Cherryglade on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:35 pm

Hello! After looking for a potential familiar for my mermaid Coralia i feelt a lack of aquatic options in the lists.. sure there are some animals like otters and some amphibians like toads and salamanders but for merfolk and watermages that want a companion that can follow them into the deepths the options are wery few. There are birds roaming the sky but few of them seabirds. now im not sugesting that large fishes like sharks be aded to the list.. nore do i think it would be a good idea to add a goldfish since i believe the feeling one would experiance when someone acidentialy breaks that fishes bowl would be excrusiating for the person in question thats ritualy bonded to said creature. But perhaps somthing like a seal or turtle. People are of course free to come with other sugestions as well for the benefit of all that have a connection to water. Be they merfolk mages or a seasond sailor.
Rida_Cherryglade
Expert
Expert

Re: Aquatic Familiars

Postby Ehlanna on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:17 pm

Part of the issue would the RP-based logic, an aquatic familiar would not "follow them into the depths" as they'd not really be able to leave 'the depths'. The character, then, would be abandoning their familiar for 99% of the time,unless they only RP-ed sub aqua.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Rida_Cherryglade on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:24 pm

well that completely depends on the type of familiar.. there are animals that can survive to some extent above and bellow water. For example turtles can be days if not weeks out of water as long as they arnt allowed to dry out. But i do see youre point.. But theres also the fact that a large majority of people with a bonded familiar dont have them around themselved all times a day.. if one lived close to a body of water i dont see a problem with such.. especialy for a sailor or the like i could se a large benefit from having a aquatic familiar around.
Rida_Cherryglade
Expert
Expert

Postby Rida_Cherryglade on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:49 pm

But perhaps a Mytical creature would suit the role better.. my goal isnt specificly to introduce aquatic animals but to have somthing suited for those that do play around water as a theme.
Rida_Cherryglade
Expert
Expert

Return to Sorcerous Sanctuary