Path to a True Calling

Stories, poetry and pictures created by players here

Moderator: Tehya

Path to a True Calling

Postby Kaytoo on Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:40 pm

Barbarian: uncivilized, brute, violent, heathen, uneducated, pagan, uncultured, primitive, savage….
In a land of untold cultures, numerous languages, and many races,
as each vies for dominion over Vraste', if a faithful Hamr,
even the smallest barbarian can reshape the world.

A short novel, 53k words.

Hi Everyone;
Players here might remember the Moragan Hamr, the characters played, and may have even read some of the VERY poorly written background information (I learned to read and write while playing at TLI).

I'm pleased to present one of my more recent works, Path to a True Calling, available for free download at my friend and editor's website. It is not Belariath--though you will find similarities and contrasts. The god Moragan taught Hamr a different way, and in the Custom of Perpetuating the Faith, you are invited to discover the barbarian in you.

Be warned--after you learn of the Hamr, you might forsake your unfaithful civilized path for a more natural way; embrace the ways of the Hamr, and realize on Vraste', all others are the anvil the Hamr strike against to forge themselves until strong enough to battle even their gods.

Due to the prevalence of bots and search engines on the forum, if you would like to read Path to a True Calling, please PM me for a link. It will be available on January 06, 2024 (Epiphany), free to download as a PDF (suggested, preferred formatting and images), or as an E-pub file or plain text.

K2
"Call me savage, and you're only telling me how much you have forgotten of the natural world, and the nature of minds."
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Re: Path to a True Calling

Postby Kaytoo on Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:31 pm

Welp, it looks as though the forum is not used any longer, and none of my PM's or emails to administrators have been answered. So, I'm going to cease checking here for responses. I will activate the option to send me an email if I receive a PM, and though my response might be slower, I'll get you the link (back through PM) if you contact me through it.

Be well folks! Sorry to see TLI is fading after so many years.

K2
"Call me savage, and you're only telling me how much you have forgotten of the natural world, and the nature of minds."
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Return to Creations