Parchment to the Wind: A Lumio Tale

Stories, poetry and pictures created by players here

Moderator: Tehya

Parchment to the Wind: A Lumio Tale

Postby Kooky on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:31 pm

Lumio sighed and sat at the fountain, thinking over his words with Connor Gero. The wolven had been his pack brother, and his brother in arms. His pack had been disbanded for lack of activity and contact. His squad had been fired for the same issue. Twice he had been let down, lost, and tossed out t the cold by those he loved. The conversation had passed for but a few minutes.

The wolven runt swallowed hard, ice blue eyes shaking with unshed tears as he looked at the staff he had been carving, trying to focus on the scale detailed work of the dragon head, to take his mind off the ache and pain. Was it really too hard to ask for such things? For someone to want to work for him for once? For someone to put in some effort to a relationship besides himself? He was done actively trying, putting himself out there and searching. Two mates.. two times of heartbreak.. as both had seemed to have left. They simply never came home one day. Had they been killed? Taken by slavers? He tried so hard to find them.. and failed.

"I just want someone to want me as bad as I want to be wanted.."

His head hung down, ears flattening to his skull as the tears trailed, darkening his flesh where it dampened his cheeks. Connor couldn't even voice to him that he liked him, how he felt.. after all that.

"If he likes me so much and cares about me being alone, why can't he even put in the effort to voice it instead of making me pry it forth? Making me work and struggle for it, while knowing all of this?"

Lumio stared at the ground, watching his tears dampen the wood shavings from the staff, focusing on how the grains would darken with the wetness, showing through further than they had prior. Did he really need to do all of the work? Put forth all of the effort? He swallowed down the welled up fear and what little of his pride he had left, and reached into his satchel, removing a parchment piece and quill with inkpot. The quill was inked, and he began to write. Tears fell, both to the inkpot, and marring the written words, soaking into the parchment.

"Dear Connor... We need to talk. or rather, I need to talk to you. I can say what you can't seem to. I feel what you feel and know it well. I'm sore, bitter and pained. If you're so concerned about me being alone... then don't leave me alone. ~Lumio"

With the parchment scrawled, he whistled and called a fae down to him. "Seek out the wolven Connor Gero, and deliver this to him please. He went that direction, not long ago." The parchment was handed to the fae, who took off.

But she returned not long after, unable to deliver the message. He tried again, twice more around the city, trying to find a fae who could send such.

None could.

It meant one of three things.. either Connor had perished, left the city, or rejected the letter.

Either way, Lumio was dead to him. Understanding this as it seemed, the wolven bowed his head, and tore his parchment into small, tiny pieces. Hand held out, he watched them fly to the wind and scatter with the last bit of his heart he had opened. Swallowing hard, he retreated off for his home beyond Nanthalion. It would be a long trip, but he welcomed the length it would take to get to that empty stone house.
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Creations