Spooky Stories!

Stories, poetry and pictures created by players here

Moderator: Tehya

Spooky Stories!

Postby Allie on Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:15 am

So of course one of the most fun parts of Halloween is sharing spooky stories.. campfire preferred but it's getting kinda cold for some of us so fireplaces work just as well! Abby ran an awesomely cool party last night which culminated in a sharing of tales and they were all just *so* good! I'm only posting mine for now but maybe with enough tickling others might share a few of their own!

Allivia waits for the crowd to grow silent before beginning her tale "There was once an absolutely beautiful chirot girl, skin of porcelain the face of a statue.. the absolute pinnacle of beauty. A healer, she was kind empathetic and despite her diminutive form surprisingly brave.. and about her neck rested a tattered leather collar, an ugly piece which was a perfect representation of the man who owned her. Oh he was handsome enough a tall striking torian with large wings as black as night" she might not have agreed with such silly superstitions but it did help to sell her story. "But it was his soul itself that was truly dark, and ugly and cold. Often he was reasonable enough but the man was a drunkard, and when he had a few in him he became impossibly cruel raping and beating his prized possession as if jealous of her beauty, but she loved him still.. she simply couldn't help it. One night he went too far breaking bones marring that perfect face but she couldn't abandon him she mustn't, she had her duties and he had her heart.

Allivia leans closer to the group her voice taking on an almost conspiratorial tone "And yet she hid frightened and bruised, hoping that he had forgotten her that he had found some other distraction to pass the night away. And then she heard him call for her with that rougher voice of his the one that proved that he was not finished with her just yet, trembling as she sat curled upon the ground hearing him holler 'More ale wench!' and the girl found that she had no choice, she *had* to serve him lest the beatings become even more severe. She gathered her nightgown about herself making her way through the keep when a curious sight caught her eye, black feathers upon the ground that seemed to be leading the bat to her destination. His yelling continued growing more distant as she neared the pantry but she was quite unable to tear her eyes from the floor the feathers stopping just at the doorway, all but breathless as she stepped inside."

Allivia 's voice seems to grow a touch more quiet as if whispering things that none should ever hear "Oh the trail of feathers stopped, replaced instead by droplets of dark red.. the chirot was speechless, the torian was not and still she could hear his demand for more ale echoing down the long halls growing more angry and insistent the longer that he waited. But this was the furthest thing from the slave's mind as her eyes slowly rose from the ground to see.. her own Master himself laid dead upon the ground in a thick pool of blood! 'Bring me that ale wench or I'll fetch it myself, and you know you don't want that' the 'man's' voice seemed to be growing closer but the slave was quiet, oh she'd tried to scream but not a single sound emerged from those perfect lips. It was then that the girl caught sight of a mirror, her once pristine gown utterly covered in blood and in her hands a similarly coated dagger.. the weapon drops to the ground with a clang beside the bastard's corpse. And then the door opened behind her and she turned to face it, this time at least the chirot found her voice.. a scream of desperation and woe filling the long dark halls.

Allivia straightens in her seat voice taking on a more normal tone "In the days that followed they would find the torian's body, killed by a dagger to the gut. But the girl? She was never seen again, none know what might have happened to her. There are rumors that she still lingers in the keep to this day, I wouldn't know.. I have never dared to visit such a place, would you?"

It was a contest so of course we all rolled 3d100 and ended up in a three way tie, I don't even know what the odds of that happening are but Des was clearly enjoying herself! Does anybody else have any spooky stories to share?
Allivia, Healer Type and General Goof
Sadyra, The Crafty Drak
Deliya, Tiny Troublesome Thief
Allie
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Spooky Stories!

Postby Serena on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:33 am

Very well written and quite enjoyable Allie :)
Theressa Annaert, Pledged Lifelong Bondmate to Allivia Annaert and Lady of the Annaert Household
Player of Theressa, Kytte{Naya}, Vonni and Remlie.
Serena
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Amethine on Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:52 am

I don't even need tickling to share mine! This is the one I came up with (like, 5 mins before it was my go) for Abby's All Hallow's Eve event! For best results, retell it when at night, with howling wind and rain. Not thunderstorms or anything, just strong wing and rain!

- - -

Amethine stepped up to the stage, holding her hands clasped out in front of her and cleared her throat. "Ahem... well... there's an old catfolk tale, where a lone catgirl was trying to sleep during a night much like tonight. She had just been out walking her dog, her only companion in life, and could hardly see anything on the whole trip, it was like the night was impenetrably dark and looming over her the whole time was that overwhelming sense of being watched...

The rain poured and the winds howled, battering the walls of her home while she lay in bed, tossing and turning. Suddenly her dog started barking desperately! The girl then sat up and saw a face in the window! It was gone in the blink of an eye but the only discernable feature was whoever it was, was large, and had red eyes. Rushing outside to confront this unknown person, she found they had gone. So she went back to bed and tried to sleep now that her dog had calmed down.

Before long, the dog was barking again! And when the girl opened her eyes, the face from before was inches from her own! Something was on her bed! Frozen in fear, all she could do was stare at the monster! It had bright red eyes, a dripping maw that had the flesh half-torn from it and the growl it made was not of this world! There was no smell, but she could feel the weight of it's claws on either side of her, leaning in closer! But her dog kept barking and the beast vanished when the girl finally managed to blink! She told everybody about it, but nobody believed her.

And years later, when she was much older and her faithful dog had passed... the girl went missing after a night just like that one. Now... on nights such as this... when the wind howls and the rain pours, you can still be sure of your safety, but if you hear a dog suddenly barking through the wind; you now know the warning it's trying to give you...

Don't fall asleep...!
Amethine Tawariell is the main catgirl.
Felicia`Delacroix is the naughty catgirl.
All the catgirl's just wanna have fun!

If you like this wax-seal, I could make one for your too. PM or hit me up in IRC if you're interested :)
Thank you Abby for drawing the amazing pic I'm using as the avatar!
Amethine
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Fiona Sharora on Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:20 pm

Fiona had brought her lute with her so that she could accompany her story with some notes at the right times. “This story begins many years ago and is about a young girl, the daughter of a human and an elf, living in a human village.” Of course she could very much relate to the story as she had been raised by humans in a human town. “Being a half blood most of the other children saw it right to bully and tease her. Call her names, put frogs in her clothes as well as some harsher and more cruel things. At times she arrived home with bruises and cuts. The parents of the other children didn’t really stop them as they frowned upon an elf and a human being together and even having a child.” She paused for a moment, taking a breath. “It was around this time of the year, where the weather hadn’t fully decided between summer and winter. The leaves were changing colours but it had still a nice day when Manerta at the age of 14 was once again bullied by the other children. They called her names, chased her out of town and into the forest. She ran as hard as she could but the older children were quicker and caught her. One had brought a rope and tied her to a tree. Laughing the children left and went back to town.”

Fiona had no trouble letting her fingers caress over the lute as she told of her story, although her aching nipples were quite distracting to her. She had no clue how long a milk spell would last. She adjusted the tone of the notes she played, making them sound darker. “Two hours later a terrible blizzard suddenly arrived, coming seemingly out of nowhere, covering the land into a pile of snow. And the parents of the girl were panicking as their daughter hadn’t returned home and went to the other houses, hoping that someone had seen her. The other people in town started a search and it didn’t take long before some of the boys admitted to what had happened earlier that day. The townsfolk went into the forest but with every moment that passed it was less likely that things would be alright. When they finally found the tree, the ropes were still there. As were her clothes. Firmly tied and it was impossible that the girl had managed to flee them. And yet there was no sign of her. The blizzard raged on for several days but the people of the town kept searching for the girl. Eventually the blizzard ended, making the search easier but no sign of her was ever found.”

Fiona once again let the tone of her lute change to introduce the passing of time. “Years went by, the girl’s parents had left town shortly after the incident and eventually it simply was forgotten. 16 years later another bad blizzard came to the region, similar in strength as the previous. After the first night of it, a few noticed to their surprise a traveller arriving in town. It was a young woman, appearing to be in her late twenties. Despite the weather, she was completely naked and seemed rather pale. She also was quite beautiful. Several of the men hurried out of their homes, bringing furs with them to offer to the woman. To their surprise and then to their shock, the naked woman could address them all by name. Her voice was ice itself. She stared at one of the men that had been her greatest bully, for this woman was Manerta and with her gaze alone she froze him where he stood. The only part that didn’t turn to ice was the hand that held the fur he had been so eager to offer her. She took the fur and wrapped it around her naked body although it did little to hide her beauty. More died that day and that is how the reign of Manerta began. And despite how her reign eventually ended, it is said that she still seeks revenge during blizzards.” Of course it had been an old story, but most bards focused on the later years and the war to get rid of her again, ignoring how and why things had happened in the first place.
Fiona Sharora
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tehya on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Very nice stories. Remember there is the Creative Challenges we are always looking for more writers to enter.
Tehya

Return to Creations