Trials of the warrior priestess (Story)

Stories, poetry and pictures created by players here

Moderator: Tehya

Trials of the warrior priestess (Story)

Postby Naomh on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:48 pm

Chapter 1: Arrival

Up upon a mountainside just below the clouds the winds blew in strong gale that tore at snow and ice covered stone, warning of an impending storm. In the brief lulls between gusts the mountain would be silent, motionless. What few residents that called it home having long sought out shelter or move down to warmer lands below to leave the silent sentinel looming above its neighboring peaks in quiet vigil before the wind will return and stir up the snow that rested upon its peak. During one of these lulls a loud trill pierced the air, the cry of a mephos that echoed of the mountain as it drew near. Wings of luminescent white beat at the air as the wind picked up once more, scales upon tail, belly and long striped neck shine in the sunlight as fierce gusts threaten to flip it over and blow it away. The creature endured, breath coming hot from it short snout as short but powerful legs reach out and with claws digging into the ground it would prevail. As winds pulled at golden fur that ran along its sides and back the mephos would land and throw its head in the air, releasing another loud cry of triumph, a sound of victory against the fierce winds and of challenge to have them blow even harder.

The beast was not alone, upon its back was a saddle to which a rider was hunched upon, hugging the creature close for protection from the winds while they were in flight. Once it was certain that the mephos had a good claw hold upon mountainside the rider pulled at the straps that held themselves secured to the beast and grabbed their pack, sword and shield dismounting. The rider's figure was diminutive, especially when next to its mephos, a little over two and a half feet tall bundled up in furs and with hood of cloak freshly pulled over head, compared to the mephos's sixteen and a half from snout to tail, the mount's head nearly as big as they were as it swung around and nudged them with a snout. "I'll be fine, Zorya." Rider took off a glove, running hand along golden fur to try and calm the animal's concerns, staring into its ocean blue eyes. "You better go before the wind picks up." A huff and chirp given in response made them sigh and lightly smack hand upon snout. "Go. Don't make me push you off this cliff." Mephos turned, standing tall over the rider who just stared back at them before finally obeying and spread its wings wide as it leapt off the edge of the cliff, and not a moment too soon. With a roar the wind picked back up to cause cloak to whip and snap around tiny form as if the winds were trying to pull them off of the cliff and into the air after the beast. Footing was kept as they watched their mount fly off through unsteady air until they were out of sight.

Now alone, they turned toward the mountain and stared up at it, taking in the sight of the steep cliffs, ice with no way to tell what, if anything, was underneath, with clouds rolling in already thick enough that the mountain peak could no longer be seen. It was a foreboding sight, with no signs of anything of note being here, and yet here they were. Why? They did not know, there just had been a call, a desire to come this way that was nearly overwhelming and with no idea where their destination was until this mountain came within sight and now that they were here, they knew they had to climb. Like a memory long forgotten, details could not be brought to mind, what will be there? Where there was? They did not know, but they knew if they kept going, they will get there, and they will know it when they reach it. Taking one last deep breath they took the first step.

Wind tore at their form, pulling them away from the mountain one moment only to push them against stone and ice the next and making the climb even more difficult than imagined. Cloak had been removed and tied to pack, in this breeze it was more of a danger acting like a sail in the breeze to amplify the pull of the wind. The furs worn and a cloth cloth wrapped around head along with a bit of magic was able to ward off the worst of the wind-driven piercing cold as they continued on. Clear paths were few and it was not uncommon for them to be climbing sheer rock and ice in between. Some spots were truly perilous and they thought about the possibility of turning back many times, but it was far too late for that especially as clouds thicken and snow started to fall, if their motion could be called that being more sideways than down due to the ever increasing winds. With no sign of shelter within sight and the ever vague desire to push onward, the only thing they could do was to push on, step by step and finger hold by finger hold.

Eventually, it started to get dark and the climb was starting to take its toll. Arms were shaking as they pulled themselves up one last ledge, rolling onto their back on the flat ground above. How much further they had left to go was unknown but it was clear that they could not go too much further, not without a rest and a meal. They laid there a moment longer then forced themselves back up, in this weather laying down for too long was dangerous and should fatigue take them and lull them to sleep they would likely wake buried in in snow, if the cold did not claim them first. Their destination was just a little further now, that ever-constant feeling and unexplained knowledge telling them to push on. Not even ten feet from where they had been laying the ground would smooth out, not a leveling or wind-polished ice but marks of being worn down to the rock below, and stones laid out into what resembled steps. A path! A full, proper path made my intelligent hands and not steps of wild beasts that called this mountain home. Fatigue grew less, the leaden weight of pack that threatened to drag them down and never let them rise again lifted. Their spirit bolstered for there was now solid, unmistakable proof that wherever they were going was not a barren and empty peak but some place where people took the time and effort to actually craft a pathway up!

Their journey upon the path did not take much longer, ending at a large archway carved into the stone, small openings on either side appearing as if windows giving the appearance of an entryway and just within rested a heavy looking wooden door. The gateway over ten feet tall and half that wide, with thick iron bars and hinges to support it, built to last and looking well taken care of. The tiny figure strode into the entryway, out of the wind and looked up at the immense threshold with the feeling of awe for whoever had crafted this had to have spent many days in such a barren, isolated location to have carved the stone alone, the effort of finding the wood for the doorway and bringing it up here would not have been doable by one man. Finally, they took note of an emblem, carved and burned into the wood, twin axes with one crossed over the other. The emblem of the warrior turned god, Aden'Ver. The god that they paid homage to and served.

They found what they were looking for.

The problem now was how to get inside. The door was large enough for an ogre to get through, the latch itself would be chest-height for a tall human, well out of their reach. However if they stood on their pack, with sheathed sword in hand they could reach it and manipulate it just enough to get it open. With a hop they could grab onto the great iron ring that served as a handle and would put their feet upon the archway next to the barrier. Muscles would strain and tiny form would lift for the door was even heavier than it looked, it would not be until they were practically standing sideways, lifting with all their might did hinges oiled by ice and snow screech in protest and begin to move, allowing the door to slowly rotate and open. It took just about the last of their strength to get the portal opened just enough for them and their pack to squeeze through before it would suddenly close behind them with a heavy thud.

Before them was a large circular room, furs and skins of different beasts hung from the wall as well as many weapons of different kinds. Upon the opposing wall was another door, and on the left and right there were archways leading into other rooms they could not see. Within the middle was a large fire that offered warmth and illumination, its smoke curling up toward the domed roof and out through small openings. A large, grand structure built into the mountain but what demanded their attention was the presence of four figures before the flames standing there as if expecting them.

The one in front was an immense bull of a man, towering at least six and a half feet tall with broad shoulders and blunt features. If someone were to carve from stone what they believed would be the peak of raw human strength and power, this man would be it. Thick, corded muscles ran down his arms and his bare chest and abdomen looked almost chiseled as pronounced as his muscles were. While thick trousers and heavy boots covered his legs they were thick enough to leave little doubt they were just as powerful as the rest of him. Black hair allowed to grow past his shoulders framed face that was square of jaw and broad in features, his hands resting upon the end of a large two-handed axe, the head upon the floor between his feet. To his right was another man over about a full head shorter but no less broad, green eyes twinkling in amusement, a contrast to the first's stern blue-eyed gaze, his face almost hidden underneath fiery red hair and great beard that reached down to his almost as great belly. He was dressed in a thick red tunic and grey trousers, with stubby fingers of his hands resting on a broad belt where a well-used mace hung from.

To both of their lefts stood the most stunning figure of all, a woman that loomed over them both. Mane of brown hair thick and coarse, furry ears sticking off the top of her head had a slightly rounded appearance to them and her face, while human, had faint animalistic features that gave her a feral, savage look that contrasted with the intelligence that showed in her blue eyes, like the gaze of a wolf. Her body was lean and fit, with fur running along her back and down arms, long tail motionless except for the faint curling and uncurling not unlike that of a wildcat about to pounce upon its prey. She simply wore a strip of leather upon her chest and around her hips and she had a spear in hand.

"You are either foolish or brave to make your way up here, child." Said the man in the lead, bringing a chuckle out of the portly one.

"Especially with how they made it up here. Though something tells me that is no mere child under all those furs." He would shake his head and stroke his beard, turning his gaze to the giant woman next to them. "What do you think, Izaela?"

Izaela would step forward then, a faint rumble in her voice as she spoke "I think they should reveal themselves and tell us why we should not throw them down the mountain and be rid of them."

Their predicament clear, the tiny figure removed the scarf that covered head and face, a shake of head set strands of jaw-length black hair straight and large eyes of brown upon face feminine curves would look up at them. "I am Robyn Goodfellow... High Priestess of Aden'Ver. I am here because... I believe he sent me here." Her uncertainty showed, the visions she had and the draw to come here she suspected was from the warrior god, especially upon finding his emblem upon the door here, but she knew of little else at the moment. The three would stare at her, the silence causing her to add, "And who might you three be?"

"We are The Warriors Four." The voice from behind making her spin around in surprise, an elf, his pointed ears and angular features leaving no doubt, dressed in black with sword and long dagger at his hips stood between her and the doorway. "Those chosen and trained by the original companions of Aden'Ver. Tiny 'priestess'. If you are who you say you are, then prove yourself, now." The sound of steel on stone made her turn around once more and eyes would widen in shock. There was the first man, walking quickly toward her, raising his axe.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Trials of the warrior priestess

Postby Naomh on Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:16 pm

Chapter 2: A Not So Warm Welcome

"She moves fast, I'll give her that." Barion laughed and ran fingers running along the thick curls of his fire-red beard while taking in the sight before him, the so-called 'high priestess' of Aden'Ver was on the ground at the feet of the giant barbarian, Omar was his name, with her eyes wide as staring at the axe, flat resting on the ground where she had been standing just moments ago. The tiny woman had taken her time TO move, caught by surprise and staring as the axe was raised high and began to swing but when she did... "Like a startled mouse, would've missed her dodge had I blinked it was so sudden!" More laughter from the portly warrior followed, for near the end of the axe's swing it had twisted sideways and slowed its descent. Had it landed it would have certainly left such a tiny one hurting but would have been no lethal strike.

Robyn blinks and continues to stare at the axe a moment longer before it would lift, the barbarian hefting his weapon onto his shoulder and staring down at her. "A mouse she is. Sitting there with no weapon, wide-eyed like a frightened rodent. Priestess of Aden'Ver..." Booted foot kicks forward, catching the halfling in the side and sending her sprawling. "Big lie from a tiny woman. Followed us up to pretend play at being a warrior." Omar shook his head with the look of one seeing an annoying insect before the giant feral animalistic woman spoke.

"She chose a difficult path to get to us, and how did she know we were even here?"

"Many know we are here, the path she took shows her foolishness." He countered swiftly, confident in his answers. While the group discussed her, Robyn was able to catch her breath, knocked out of her by Omar's foot, and rose to her feet again and grabbing her sheathed sword from its strap on the side of her pack. Making certain she had her breath back before interrupting.

"I -AM- the high priestess of Aden'Ver, I tend to the Lodge of Strength, his former home, near Nanthalion. I know of this place because of visions in my sleep, visions I presume were from Aden'Ver himself." She did not sound as confident as she liked, the four before her were all highly skilled warriors, the way they held their weapons alone was enough to convince her of that. She was also exhausted from the climb and the kick to her side left her ribs smarting. Finally to top it all off she had never heard of 'The Warriors Four' nor the companions of Aden'ver, but if their claims were true, and if they did not believe her, she was in trouble. Still, she stood her ground and straightened her back as Omar returned his gaze to her.

"Your continued lies will bring you much suffering."

"They aren't lies! I serve the warrior god, and it was he who sent me here, I presume to meet you."

"...Perhaps he wanted us to test this tiny 'warrior'. Do you think? I don't know how much harm she can do though, I've trimmed my fingernails on larger blades than that sword!" Barrion chimed in, grin wide enough to be seen through his immense bear before he breaks into laughter, merriment cut off by a cuff on the head from Izaela and Omar's own chuckle and shrug.

"Perhaps he did. You wish to be tested, little mouse?" Omar swings his axe back into both hands, a smirk upon his face, "My test is simple. We fight until one yields and admits defeat. For you, mouse, I will say you bested me if you can cut me once with that... weapon?" He laughed at his own tease. "And I will see you words as true, backed by steel! Otherwise-."

"Deal." Robyn cuts him off, exhaustion, hunger, cold and frustrations at their constant jests and disbelief of her words made the halfling rather irritated and impatient. She has just about hit her limit and was eager to at least make them stop if even for a moment and while Omar was clearly the superior warrior she had confidence in her ability to at least land a cutting blow on him with her sword. A grunt from Omar and nod of acceptance made the other three back away to give the two warriors room for the spar.

"Then draw your weapon, and let us begin." Upon Omar's direction Robyn drew her sword, only to get another laugh and insult that served to anger her further. "The mouse does not even know which hand to hold it in!" That was enough, Robyn had enough. All she had to do to make him shut up and believe her was to cut him once. He claimed to be ready and even when she drew her weapon his stance did not change. So shouting at him "Shut up, let's begin!" she charged forward and when close enough slashed at his leg with her sword, steel cutting through air.

*Clunk*, blade bites into wood, axe handle dropping to block the blow then swept forward, Robyn bouncing off of haft as she spun around in an effort to lessen the blow. It took her longer to regain her balance from that than she would have liked, tired and cold muscles slow to respond even as she stepped around that wooden barrier and attempted again for his leg, this time from the side.

Steel slammed into her side, she had failed to see Omar swinging the weapon around and bringing the flat of the head down to her and sending her flying again. The ground was quick to catch her again, the sound of her sword skittering across the floor warned her of her defeat before a heavy boot stomps on her, wind rushing out of her as she was firmly pinned against the ground.

"Do you yield, Mouse?" She could not answer, no air in her lungs and unable to force in more as his weight was slowly pressed onto her, threatening to crush her. The lack of air after such a heavy blow causing her vision to start spinning, yet she still tried to force herself free. Tiny as she was she was a strong thing, but it was not enough and only caused Omar to crush her even further. Finally, a voice, she could not tell whose it was, telling her to tap the floor with her hand to surrender caused her to do just that and Omar's weight was lifted and Robyn was finally able to pull air into her oxygen-starved lungs, coughing as lungs burned. Her hair was grabbed and she was lifted off the ground, pain from her scalp causing her to wince and grab at that iron-strong fist as daze lifted and vision cleared, staring at the victorious smirk on Omar's face.

"For one who says she is one of the best of Aden'Ver's warriors, you know little of fighting. All talk and no bite... or should I say all squeak?" A quick twist causes the halfling to cry out softly from the abuse to her scalp, grabbing his hand to take what strain she could off of her hair. Just as she tried to voice protest, or at least some clarification that she simply said she was the high priestess and never once one of the best warriors to follow the god Omar continued talking. "The challenge is over and I have won, my prize shall be you, mouse. A prize I feel like sharing, as we are all mocked by your claims. Now." He would toss her to the ground, Robyn landing on the hard stone with a hard grunt, quickly scrabbling to her feet. "Show us our prize." The group would stare down at Robyn, the halfling staring wide-eyed at the four and slowly backing away until she felt the heat of the fire behind her, realizing only now that she had ended up with her back to the center of the room, the doorways further into the mountain structure further behind and to her sides, the way out, her only known exit, on the other side of the group that were slowly surrounding her. "Wh-what..."

"Remove your clothes." Barrion explained, arms crossing over his chest. "Or are you so without honour that you agree and accept a challenge without paying the cost of defeat?" She stammered, stumbled over a protest before realizing that she had actually agreed to it, or more he was not wrong. She had foolishly charged into the fight without knowing the full terms of engagement. She opened her mouth again to try and strike another deal, to see if something else couldn't be done but the looks they all gave her shot that down before the bargaining even could begin. "Do you wish for us to just take your clothes and throw you out into the snow?" Stupid, reckless and foolish it was, but she had agreed... and trying to back out now was clearly going to just make things worse for her. Shakily, Robyn's removed her gloves, then jacket and boots before hesitating once again. She could not believe that this was really happening, how could she have worked so hard to get here, with guidance from her own god, she was certain, only for... this to happen to her? This place clearly was important, and bore the mark of Aden'Ver upon the doors, but these four... could they be intruders? Maybe... but something told her this was not the case.

Taking a deep but shaky breath, Robyn forced herself to continue undressing. She has been bared before others before, her own lord's castle had few doors, and she had used public baths before so it was not her impending nudity that had her so concerned, but what was implied to follow, what was expected to come next. Especially with the low whistle Barrion gave once the last of her clothes were removed and placed in a pile to the side, moving to cover herself with her hands before forcing herself to lower them to her sides and fully present herself to the group. "Now that is a sight, not what I was expecting to see under all those clothes. Usually the little ones are, well, built like me!"

While it was true that the halfling's great love for food and comfort tended to make them softer and rounder, Barion's words were an exaggeration and even were they not Robyn was an exception to the rule. What fat the tiny woman's body had only served to soften the edges of otherwise hard muscle and toned form. Hers was a body shaped by regular hours of training and exercise and, despite how swiftly she lost against Omar might say otherwise, spars and fights. Legs and arms were toned and shaped, above the slight swell of hips her waist narrowed and showed faint signs of the muscles underneath, breasts were a little on the small side, cuppable for a halfling's hand. Faint marks from injuries past dot and cross along form, whispers of scars where even the most pronounced one on her jaw was all but invisible on skin tanned by the sun. She was a lovely thing, and was normally quite happy with her appearance but with the look in the men's eyes and a noticeable buldge forming in Omar's leggings she was finding herself wishing for herself to be a little less attractive.

"Far smaller than I am used to, but she will do for tonight." Grinning as he spoke, Omar grabbed Robyn and carried her out of the entry chamber toward one of the side doorways, revealing a second, smaller chamber with a set of doorways along one wall, a low table large enough for everyone present to sit around with room to spare and sets of furs for comfort. It was these Omar settled down with with hands exploring the halfling's form, feeling pert breasts, forcing legs to part and running fingers between them. With their differences in size his hands were practically covering her and easily able to contain her struggling. "You agreed to this, Mouse." Omar growled, cutting off her words of protest as he kicks off his boots and trousers, placing her onto his lap and looking down at her as he pulled her against his manhood. "Now get to work."

His words left no room for complaints, the underlying tone of them and look on his face warning enough on what may happen to one who did not comply, she would then look down at the cock before her with a swallow and with a reluctant touch took it in both her hands to begin stroking. Omar's length was built like the rest of the man. Large. As long as her torso with a broad thickness that seemed excessive even for its formidable length once she was able to get it to full hardness with her hands. There was no way something like that would fit inside her, it was difficult to believe it would fit inside a human woman twice her height even! It slowly dawned on her that this meant she should probably try to please him enough with other means that he wouldn't try either, as much as she preferred not to, so she would swallow what pride she had left and bring her head down to start running her tongue along the sensitive skin where head of his cock was poking out from his foreskin. Omar's reaction was immediate, his hand wrapping around her and pulling her against his girth as a low rumble of pleasure came from him.

"You can do better Mouse."

She gave another pause when he spoke, eyes closing as he rubbed her body along the underside of his length. She had been in multiple awkward and embarrassing moments in her life, but this was the most humiliating and this giant human using her halfling form as a toy, rubbing her against the underside of his cock as it left a sticky trail of clear pre along her chin, neck and chest was easily the worst experience she's ever had and the sounds behind her only made it worse.

"Ah! I was wondering how you were going to make it work Omar. A good idea there." The loud merry tone and chuckle that followed meant it could only be Barrion, but the shuffling of boots and rustling of clothing around them told her that they all were there without her looking. Despair started to well up before Robyn steeled herself and forced herself to look up at Omar and the broad grin on his face. Deciding there and now that if they wanted to see her break from embarrassment and shame, they wanted to see her cry, they were going to have to try much harder than that. They had reminded her several times now that she had agreed to this, without knowing, but she did. A deal was a deal, and she will see this through. Wrapping her arms and thighs around Omar's cock Robyn began moving along with his controlling hand, then pushing more insistently to let him know it was no longer necessary and with a look of pleased surprise he loosened his grip and let the halfling work.

Robyn was no stranger to sex with a larger person, in fact she has yet to bed with one of her own kind, but the differences between herself and Omar were extreme but that did not stop her from trying. Soon bouncing on the barbarian man's lap, her front a slick and sticky mess she continued to use her tongue and body to pleasure him, eager to get him off so hopefully she could get this over with and hopefully move on. Her efforts soon proved to not be in vain as Omar gave a groan and his cock throbbed in her arms, warning of what was to come and coaxing the halfling to push herself even faster. Tongue flicking against the slit of his manhood, hand running along the rest of the exposed crown, arm pumping as her body rubbed and ground in a steady bouncing rhythm against the underside of his length. The sudden tightening of his grip on her form as he once again took control was the only warning she got before he released a grunt, forcing her face against his cock as seed shot from his manhood.

His cum was plentiful and thick, coming in heavy ropes that shot right against her face, some getting into her mouth before she had a chance to close it and soon her head was covered in the white sticky mess with plenty more serving to cover the rest of her tiny form. A finger curling around her jaw forces her mouth to stay shut until she was forced to swallow the bit in her mouth, coating her throat with the taste that clung to her mouth. Eventually she was released and able to use her hands to wipe her eyes clean enough to look at him.

"A good start, Mouse." Start? She would look at him then turn her head to the rest of the room, seeing the rest of The Warriors Four, all having undressed with Barrion grinning as he settled against the giant Izaela, his hand between her legs as her hand stroked his length with the elf sitting not far away. Her heart falling when she remembered Omar saying he was going to share his prize with the rest of them. Strong hands grabbed her sides and lifted her up, the halfling giving a cry as she was thrown to the elf and landed on him with a wet, sticky sound.

"Here you go Theron, a woman for you to enjoy! You may even be able to enjoy all of her as you look like you can even fit in her!"

Omar's laughter filled the room, soon echoed by Barrion's as Robyn looked up at the elf with a worried gaze, his own firm as elven fingers slide into her hair and dragged her face against his cock.

She knew now that tonight was going to be a long, miserable night.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Trials of the warrior priestess

Postby Naomh on Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:38 pm

Chapter 3: Enough

"Please wake, little one, she calls for you."

Robyn slowly stirred as a gentle hand shook her shoulder and groaned softly as her movements causes stiff body parts to ache, reminding her of the 'group session' she had the night before. She was exhausted, a late night stuffed with the cocks that fit after another spar that had left her battered and bruised and it felt like it was early enough that if she looked outside there would be no sign of the sun beginning to rise. Opening an eye, the halfling stared up at the human-shape standing over her, locks of grey-white hair visible in the dim light of the cooking fire confirming that the shadowy figure was the kindly old slave that tended to the more everyday needs of everyone within this mountaintop structure.

"Mmmnn..." Robyn gave a heavy sigh as she slowly pushed herself off of the mat that served as a bed for herself and the few other servants. "Alright... thank you, Katherine." Robyn groaned again as she stretched to get sore muscles to relax and move again she left the chamber and walked toward the opposing wing of the mountaintop building.

She was uncertain how long it's been since she had arrived, over a week at the least, most likely two. Since then the tiny warrior has become a slave in all but name. Oh she could gather her things nad leave at any time she wanted, but she was still trying to discover why Aden'Ver had called her here, if there was a reason other than to meet The Warriors Four. Perhaps to test her dedication, humble her before greater warriors... Though that latter was not needed. While she has been told repeatedly back in Nanthalion she was a talented and skilled warrior she was often outclassed and struggled to keep up with the bigger folk. To see her become a servant of the greater warriors? Possible, but that did not seem to be it...

Still thinking it over in her half-awake state, the mixed slave resting quarters and kitchens were left behind and the central chamber was crossed. The great fireplace in the middle kept low to maintain the flame but putting out little heat, chill seeping into the halfling's naked form forming goosebumps and making nipples stiff as she continued on to the warrior's wing. She has grown familiar with this particular chamber as it's where they often took her after yet another defeat to enjoy her. Omar was the roughest, always seeming intent to leave some new bruise on her with how he handled her, unlike Barion who was far more gentle and even seemed to make certain she enjoyed herself at least a little every time, especially when he earned a night with her alone. The elf, Theron, seemed to be interested in her in a different way, she regularly felt his eyes watching her particularly when she was facing off against one of the other warriors, but has yet to cross blades with her and only uses her when she's entertaining the group.

Then there's Izaela, one who was difficult to predict, the woman was smart and cunning, gentle at times, the other practically half-feral and unafraid to add her own marks alongside Omar's bruises, or nearly suffocate the halfling forcing her face between her thighs as she forced her to pleasure her. Taking a moment to stare at the doorways that separated private chambers from the common room, Robyn was able to recall which one was Izaela's and with a soft sigh stepped inside.

"I was beginning to wonder when you'd arrive." Izaela's voice with its faint low rumble greeted the halfling. Intense blue eyes shone bright in dim candlelight staring straight as if having been waiting for Robyn to step into their gaze. She was naked as well and was lounging back against large pillows upon her fur-covered bed. "Close the door, join me."

While it was true Robyn had little attraction toward other women, she did have to admire the savage woman's form. The halfling was fit and strong and worked hard to maintain that, but Izaela had an almost natural leanness to her that said she could run for days if not weeks on end without tiring and with the tone of her muscles and the title 'the Huntress', she likely has many times, even carrying whatever she had caught along with her equipment. Also, where Robyn's breasts were small, palmable for a halfling hand and swell of hips were slight, Izaela was more blessed, breasts hand-filling for one of her size, large but not overly so for her and her lifestyle and her hips also curved out further to match. A body that was perfect mix of warrior and feminine, if Robyn had to describe how such a combination would be built. One that left her in admiration and feeling a little inadequate. It also did not help that Izaela was three times her height standing roughly at seven and a half feet tall.

Thus, it was with a tentative pause Robyn did as ordered, expecting a morning of being forced to please a woman much too large for her to do so easily. It was much to her surprise then that when she climbed up onto the giant woman's bed Izaela instead handed her a brush and turned to show the halfling her back. She stared in surprise, surely there must be some trick in mind with how she has been treated thus far, and with the extended pause Izaela looked back over her shoulder down at the much smaller woman.

"I wish to talk, and it is growing tireseome making you pleasure me. I was expecting this to be a more desirable way for you to serve after your last defeat." The two stared at each other for a moment longer before Robyn nodded and stepped closer to run brush along Izaela's dark brown fur, bringing a soft sound from the half-wild woman. "Mmm... Tell me, little one, why are you here?"

The question gave Robyn pause, she had answered that several times now, does she really expect it to be different this time? "...I was guided here, visions and a desire to come this way granted by I presume Aden'Ver."

"That is why you came here, to this place, and found us. Why have you chosen to remain? You find pleasure in serving us, and wish to become our slave? You have little skill with a weapon, and wish to serve Aden'Ver, it would be a good place for you."

Robyn's eyes flare at the insult and the brush stops. Perhaps it was due to fatigue and the constant abuse, but Robyn felt something flare inside her and she stepped around Izaela to face the woman. "Little skill? When I first arrived, I was exhausted from the climb and Omar first attacked me from behind! Every day after that you've given me little more than a stick while all of YOU-" She jabbed her finger up toward Izaela. "-Use your weapons freely! If I had all of my equipment and a proper night's rest instead of being kept up until dawn most nights, the fights would be going differently!"

Izaela stared down into Robyn's gaze, her expression... amused? The faintest hint of a smile rested upon the larger woman's lips as she leaned forward, bringing her face down to the halfling's. "Do you always make up excuses for-."

Robyn snapped and swung her fist at the mocking face above her. She felt it connect and from Izaela was a startled yelp that turned to a snarl. Before she knew it she was grabbed and lifted into the air before being slammed back down and pinned against the mattress. Above her loomed a face darkened by shadow and twisted in anger with one eye closed and the other turning red. The colour becoming more intense as a low, rumbling growl emanated from deep within the larger woman and her hands tightened their grip on the halfling who was too tired and aggravated to be afraid and instead glared up at the enraged woman so many times bigger than her.

"...I shall forgive you this time." Izaela spoke after a long minute of the two staring each other down, contained anger in her voice as uninjured eye began to shift back to its normal blue. "But strike at me like that again, and there will be blood to pay for it."

"Insult me again and I will do far worse than bruise your eye!" Robyn spat back, a week's worth of frustration and pain, the insults to her skills as a warrior and dedication to her god finally having an outlet taking longer to contain. She has had enough, adrenaline was flowing and the warrior was coming out.

Laughter followed her threat, amused but lacking the mocking tone of the insult that finally caused the halfling to snap. "You are in no place to make threats little one. You do not even have the staff we give you to make up for your size. What do you think you can do now?" As if to prove her point Izaela began to squeeze, crushing the air out of Robyn's lungs, the halfling grabbing her fingers and straining against them, not backing down but unable to reach anything of use.

"Little, little, little, is that ALL you have to say?!" Robyn was practically shouting now, voice strained from the squeeze put upon her. "I have slain a jhore while in its jaws and can best my mephos in a fight! Wounded minotaurs and have the respect of a goblin warchief! You may be the better warriors but that does not mean I am incompetent! If it is to come to blood now, give me my sword back and I will show you why I am called The Fierce!"

Silence followed, the two motionless aside from struggled breathing from the still being crushed Robyn and the slow curl and sway of Izaela's tail as they stared each other down, glares remaining locked even laughter came from the doorway.

"Well I guess she told you! She may have a point even!" Izaela's gaze slowly turned toward the doorway, Barion standing there with a wide grin and stroking his beard. "Oh don't give me that look Izaela, you know as well as I do how we've been treating her. Now that she's shown a bit of proper backbone it may be time to see what she can actually do!" More deep belly laughs, "Though perhaps not against us, she is a bit outclassed by us. Perhaps... something else? I know you have more than a few ideas in that beautiful mind of yours."

Izaela looked at the man a moment longer before slowly relaxing her grip on Robyn, shoving her off the bed and sitting back down. "...Do you think you are ready, little one? I do have something in mind that may work, but be aware that failure will likely cost you your life." Robyn stepped back up to her feet, the look in her eyes as she looked to Izaela speaking better than any words she could have said. "Very well. Tomorrow we will begin the trial then. For today, rest, eat, prepare yourself and your things for the mountain. Go."

Barion stepped to the side, watching Robyn walk past, waiting until she had left even the connecting chamber before looking back to Izaela and approaching her, running a hand along her arm. "I was wondering when she would start fighting back. Looks like there might actually be a little warrior in her. What do you think her chances are?"

Fingers go to her eye, gently feeling still aching flesh. It had startled Izaela with the strength behind it, while there wouldn't be any lasting harm it will be tender and she'll have a black eye for a while for certain. "If she can keep that fire burning, she'll be fine. If not, then this mountain will be where she dies."
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Trials of the warrior priestess (Story)

Postby Naomh on Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:10 pm

Chapter 4: The First Trial

Much to Robyn's surprise, she had been left alone for the remainder of the day, allowing her to do as she was directed to, rest. She still only had the flat straw mat and worn fur blanket to sit and lay upon but she was able to sit and eat undisturbed, allowed the first full set of five meals since her arrival and Katherine even delivered to her her clothes and weapon so they could be looked through and prepared for the big day tomorrow.

What she did not have was an idea what was planned for tomorrow, they were likely leaving this structure and doing something out on the mountain itself with the way Izaela had spoken but other than that there was no idea what could be planned. She felt it unwise to step out of the chambers to ask The Warriors Four about it, and none of the slaves politely brushed off her questions, not even the elderly Katherine seemed to have an answer of what may be planned.

That night Robyn slept soundly but lightly, fatigue lulling her to sleep quickly but worries over the upcoming trial keeping a part of her on enough of an edge that all it took was a gentle touch on the shoulder and hushed whisper from Katherine to wake her. "It is time."

The giant figure of Izaela was even more imposing in the ember-light within the main chamber now that she was dressed fully. Thick furs and leathers covered the great woman's form, her spear held in one hand, and upon her back were strapped mighty war darts with a thrower, an atlatl, hanging from her belt. Robyn was certain she had seen a bow in the larger woman's chamber as well but there was no sign of it now, perhaps she felt it was unneeded or too cumbersome. The halfling herself simply had her own fur and leathers worn over heavy wool, it felt divine to be wearing clothes again, with her sword, shield and a pack upon her back. Upon seeing her enter, Izaela silently turned and left the chamber through the main door, leading out to a world of ice and snow illuminated by the twin moons with Robyn following.

She swore as they left, she could feel a pair of eyes watching them, and could even see the glint of light reflecting off in the corner of her vision, but when she looked there was no one there.

The world outside of the mountain structure was stunning, snow as far as the eyes could see, with not a single cloud in sight, aside from their breaths. The storm that had arrived with her leaving fresh snow that glinted and sparkled in moonlight and the stars seemed so brilliant and close Robyn felt that if she tried hard enough she could reach out and touch them. There was no time for such silly thoughts however, for Izaela was already on the move, walking down the snow-covered path and leaving a trail for Robyn to follow her in. There were no words shared between the two, one not wishing to break the silence and the other having nothing to say as the stars began to fade with the coming dawn, sky growing lighter then the sun breaking over the horizon bringing with it the breathtaking sight of the mountains in a different kind of lighting. It was all truly stunning.

And cold, so very, very cold.

Around the mountain the path twisted and turned, Izaela stepping off of it eventually and guiding Robyn to steeper, more perilous edges, minding ice and loose rock, pausing now and again to listen to their surroundings and to sniff the air but those respites were few, far between and brief. Robyn had to eat and drink on the move if she wanted to keep up and having to wade through the snow, as light and powdery as it was, was slowly tiring her out but still she pushed on until finally when the sun had passed the peak of its arc and began to lower toward the horizon again, Izaela stopped near a cliff edge and beckoned Robyn close.

"This is it, little one. This is your final chance to back down, to not take the trial and to return. Should you do so, you will admit that you are no priestess of Aden'Ver and for wasting our time you will be mine until the spring comes where I will release you to return to wherever it was you came from. If you accept this challenge, remove your pack and step closer." Even before the threat of slavery Robyn knew she had no choice, she knew that if she was given any offer to back down, even if there was nothing more implied from that choice, what her answer was going to be. Pack was removed and placed on a nearby boulder before she closes the distance between them, bringing a faint smile to the feral woman's lips before she would suddenly grab the halfling by the front of her leather jacket and lift her up, turning to hold her over the edge of the cliff!

"It begins then. I, Izaela the Huntress, daughter of the slave Sakiyo and warrior Karnok of the Nightfang clan and the fourth of The Warriors Four gives you her challenge. There are three beasts that call this mountaintop home. Find one, slay it and bring it back to me. You shall not be allowed to return until such is completed. Go." And with a small shove Robyn was released and swiftly falling. Eyes wide as gravity soon pulled her down below the edge of the cliff Izaela stood upon. The halfling began to cast the spell that would slow her decent but moments before she could complete it she landed in an explosion of snow and ice. Not the gentlest landing but one that left her unharmed and staring up at Izaela, nearly a hundred feet above, watching as the huntress gathers her pack that had all of her supplies within and walked out of sight.

The trial has begun, and all she had were the clothes on her back, her sword and her shield with the day already more than half over.

It took another hearbeat before Robyn realized that meant she had no time to waste and the halfling quickly dug herself out of the snow and looked around to take stock of her surroundings. She had landed upon a flat section of rock that jutted out of the cliffside where an ancient slide long ago took a chunk out of the mountain, the region shielded on the sides from the wind and allowing the snow to build up meaning it was all but guaranteed for her to have a soft landing. The cliffside above was slanted outward as it went up, making it more difficult to climb even without the ice built up on the surface and below was steep for another good couple hundred feet. One side was near impassable while the other, while still steep, was the shallowest angle dotted with large ice chunks and large rocks. Well, she only had on viable direction to go, the rest were too dangerous or would lead her too far in the wrong direction and so with a deep breath, she waded through the snow to leave this cliffside and get back on less hazardous sections of the mountain.

Three beasts, on this entire mountaintop, with all of her knowledge and experience of hunting being limited to what she had overheard from conversations and stories, and even those were more about the beasts themselves than how they tracked them down. Her thoughts were also sidetracked by what Izaela had said. Daughter of a slave and warrior, and, if The Warriors Four are who they claimed they are, she was now one of the best warriors around. It would also help explain her mixed appearance. Every time she had looked at Izaela, she could see feline features in the giant woman, only for the next time she looked she seemed more wolfen. It was decided then, should she be successful in completing this challenge Robyn was going to ask Izaela about her past. She looked around at her surroundings, the beautiful barrenness of the mountain, the inhospitable cold that was slowly biting through her furs, and thought over the events that led her to be here. The frustrations, the slowly building anger, and the thought changed.

SHOULD she succeed at this challenge? She WILL. She had made promises to return back home. She was a commander, a gladiator, and the leader of a temple. She worked hard to get where she was at now paying in blood and sweat. She had people expecting her to come back and others she did not wish to disappoint. Most of all, there was a fire in herself that needed to see this through. SHE wanted to get this done, for no other reason than to succeed at defeating another struggle.

She leapt from rock to rock, catching herself as her foot slid and with one final jump made it to safer, sturdier ground, from there it was a short half-climb to softer slopes and she could walk properly. Thigh-deep in snow but still able to walk either way. Her eyes scanned her surroundings, but all she could see was snow and icy rock. Tracks... with all this fresh snow if anything was moving around, there would be tracks, wouldn't there? Head back up the mountain and she could see them more easily as well. Such was her thinking as she roamed aimlessly around the mountain. Minutes turning into hours, the shadows growing long and the skies growing dark as the sun went lower in the skies before vanishing behind the peaks of the surrounding mountains. Still, Robyn continued on. Relying now on her limited magical abilities to help give her some warmth against the ever more biting cold, but before then even that wasn't enough and the halfling huddled underneath a small outcropping of stone, curled up tight. Having to stay awake to maintain the spell it proved to be a long and restless night.

The morning was greeted by a stiff, cold, weary and hungry Robyn. Her drive before flagging and doubts starting to creep in as she pushed herself back to her feet and began her 'hunt' anew. Hunt... she really had no idea what she was doing. All she was doing was wandering, tiring herself out in vain hopes of her to stumble across something else living out here. Her thoughts were of home. How nice it would feel to be curled up against her lord, the vulpine's fur would be all nice and warm, his hands all over as they 'warmed' each other up in the safety of his castle...

What's that? Indentations in the snow ahead? They looked like... "Tracks!" She actually shouted out loud, her voice echoing faintly as she hurried forward. Yes! These were indeed tracks! There was something alive up here other than herself. Excited, she looked at them to try and figure out which way they were going and marched after them. Maybe fortune was smiling upon her right now. She'd hurry on, marching forward, it looked like they were leading toward a stone outcropping ahead, perhaps the creature's home? Hand would go to the hilt of her sword as she prepared to find whatever was waiting for her and...

Wait...

Those stones were somehow familiar. As she stepped closer they looked even more so. Robyn could feel her heart drop as she approached the shelter she used last night and turned around to look at the tracks behind her. Dual tracks in the snow that looked identical to the trail she had just left. She had spent the morning circling around and tracking herself. Tears came, rage and frustration at her idiocy crashing into her and hands would come to her face. Gods, of course she was stupid enough to do something like that. All she had needed to do was look behind her and she would have been able to tell she was leaving the same tracks! There they were, two trails to one side of the outcropping, and two on the other-

Two? There should only be one. Right? Tired mind was suddenly alert and running through the events of the past days. She arrived twice, once last night and a second time just now. So two tracks from that, but she has only left once. That means there should only be one trail of her leaving. Yet there were four distinct trails. Frowning, Robyn looked at the four paths, two long, deep furrows with oval-shaped flat spots from her boots on the bottom of this one... the other... the third... but the fourth... the fourth wasn't nearly as deep, with more circular bottoms. They also came from a different direction. Of her three trails, two were side by side, her following one trail, the other was of her leaving she believed, but this fourth trail came from uphill and turned to the outcropping before turning back around and moving alongside her own trail. One of the tracks near the outcropping looked even... paw like.

Realization froze her blood faster than the winter mountain air. This hunt has turned around. She was now the one being hunted. She knew it.

Her eyes quickly took in her surroundings, but the only movement she saw was drifting snow, winds were beginning to pick up and clouds were starting to drift in again. She felt exposed up here, not knowing what was hunting her or where it was, and with a sudden gust kicking up more snow she feared that she may not be able to see it coming either. Oh to be home again.

Home.

This creature had to have a home, some sort of shelter to hide from the cold and wind, safety from other predators where it can sleep and rest, but where was it and how could she find it? The tracks! Yes, those along her trail would be of the creature following her, which means the ones leading up the mountain would be where it came from! What awaited her up there though? Was there a second beast? Were all three of the animals of the mountain up there in that one shelter? What was even following her and how capable will she be against it, for should she be in its home she'll be cornered, assuming she'll even make it there.

The wind whipped past again, ice biting at her cheeks, reminding her she had left her scarf in her pack now in Izaela's possession. Did the huntress give her a fake challenge that was meant to send her to her death? To either freeze or be eaten by some beast? Robyn felt her heart beginning to beat faster, and with it a building sensation that she hadn't felt properly since her arrival. Charging her, exciting her. Adrenaline building up in her system as her body prepared to face the challenge ahead. Tired, starving, frozen and hunted. Her worries and fears have swung around and with the rush of adrenaline she was... excited. She'll face whatever this was, but she'll do it on her own terms. Not out in the open mountainside but in its own home, with her back to stone where it would be unable to ambush her. Shield and sword were drawn in case it came to her before she could make it to her destination and up the mountainside she climbed.

The climb back up the mountainside was one of the most intense moments of her life. Clouds quickly growing thick, making it harder to see through the thickening fog, winds stirring and whipping around her, the sun getting low to surround her in increasing darkness. Not knowing what was behind her, how close it was or even if it was still was. Nor did she know what lay ahead. Open mountainside, the creature's home, multiple creature's home. Even the ground beneath her feet was perilous. Trying to force her to a slower pace. Ice causing boots to slide and more than once she nearly cut herself with her sword but she dared not sheathe it should she be in need of it suddenly.

Her caution proved to be her saving grace, for just as the sun set and she spotted a shadowy opening ahead, a lull in the wind allowed a rumble to reach her ears. She turned and it was upon her!

Heavy weight pushed her into the snow, wood of shield cracking from fang and pain lances down Robyn's front as claws dug through her clothes. Desperately she swung, weighted pommel of her sword thumping against head and causing the creature to stagger back with a roar.

Bloodied, she leapt to her feet, the creature before her was a feline, as tall as she was at the shoulder, white spotted fur making it difficult to see even so close and standing on end. It did not know what she was or how it had hurt her, but it knew it was hungry, and she was close to its home.

With a whip of its tail, it pounced forward, discovering that the metal thing was sharper than a claw, its shoulder now bleeding, and now the two were staring each other down. Circling around each other, looking for an opening.

Robyn slipped, it swiped, shield caught and she countered but it was already back out of reach, more nimble upon the powder than she was within it. Another pounce, swiping with both front paws, shield only able to stop one with the other shredding soft leather and furs to stain the snow further red and it leapt back again with steel glancing down its side.

This was a losing battle, she couldn't be on the defensive the entire time. Near its home, with it looking so hungry, it was not going to back down. She lunged forward and slashed at its face, catching air and twisted to the side to raise her shield up in time to earn more claw marks upon the wood.

This snow was her biggest hurdle. She could barely move in it. It hid uneven ground and shifted under her feet, making her footing treacherous. It was only a matter of time until fatigue takes her and she slips or just falls and it would pounce again. This was a fight to the death, and she had no way to get the advantage on this mountain cat.

Or did she?

One idea, born of desperation. The only time she's been able to wound this creature is when it was close to her, she'd have to trick it. The feeling of her boot catching a rock was the last nudge she needed to go through with the idea.

She pushed her foot down against the rock, forcing herself to stumble and fall.

The mountain predator saw its opening, and with a lash of its tail the large feline leapt forward and pounced upon the halfling. Unable to avoid the sword as sharp point was raised to meet it mid-leap and pain lanced through its chest.

A flurry of claws and fangs rained down upon the halfling. Rending clothing, slashing skin underneath, the creature's death throes giving one final assault to take its killer with it before slowly its life faded away and went motionless.

Several seconds later, it would move again but not from its own power. Robyn shoved the lifeless body off of her and crawled out from underneath, gasping in pain and staring at the giant lynx-like creature and herself. Her furs and leathers were ruined, but they saved her from being disemboweled or having anything major damaged. She was bleeding badly however, and with the strains of combat her warmth spell had long faltered with night falling upon her.

She renewed the spell, and pushed herself to also conjure a small ball of light in her hand to explore the darkened area up ahead, pulling sword from the lynx's heart before advancing. It was a cave, small and shallow but well shielded from the wind and bearing signs of having been the lynx's shelter and home when the weather was foul. She could stay here, mend her clothes... a stumble, and when she looked down she realized how badly she was bleeding and with a growing sense of dread of what this meant.

Mind fired into overdrive and she remembered lessons from the past, clothing was removed and she took stock of her injuries. There was little she could do to clean them, but the bleeding needed to be tended to as quickly as possible. She had next to no supplies and even less chance to forage anything. All she had when it came to bandages were the remnants of her clothes, especially the woolen undershirt. A little magic to mend the tatters back together and the sharp edge of her sword was used to cut it into more useful strips. Pieces of leather and fur clothes would be used to help keep the bandages in place and to make the wool last a little longer and cover all of the injuries.

Now bandage up Robyn slipped on what remained, her trousers... Once the storm blows over she should be able to make it back to safety with some luck nd the aid of her magic. How long will that take though? She was exhausted and starving. With her adrenaline high long since crashed she was struggling to stay awake, much less maintain her warmth and once she fell asleep the spell will falter and even in this cave...

She needed something warm, and there was only one option nearby. The thought of it made her sick, but it was that or freezing or starving. So she grabbed her sword and crawled back out of the cave to begin her gristly work...

-

"You know, I do kind of miss the little thing. I was just beginning to like her." Barion mutters as he settled down in his seat, chuckling as Izaela gives him a shove.

"Because she was learning how to suck your cock well."

"Hah! She was a pretty little thing to look at I will admit, but she was starting to show some promise. Our last spar she actually almost landed a blow on me, and there was a fire in the girl's eye that told me she could have made it far with a bit more guidance."

"She was a frightened mouse, of no good in a fight. Too small to enjoy." Omar interrupted then, grabbing his plate of food and taking a large bite and growled. "I tire of dried meats. It is time to leave."

"Not yet." The others look to the figure in the doorway.

"Theron! There you are you old thief! What shadows have you been lurking in? Here I was thinking you took a liking to that little halfling and ran off with her. It's been four days now. She couldn't possibly be alive. Our respects have been paid. It is time for us to move on."

"As you said Barion, there is a fire in the girl. It may have taken some work to get it to burn bright enough for her to properly challenge one of us, but we got it to burn and I have little doubt that she is still alive and will be here by the end of the week, if for no other reason than to spite Omar. Besides. Izaela left her close to the hunting grounds. Something will find her should she be unable to find it. She just needs to defeat it in combat."

"She is already in its belly then. Tomorrow, I am leaving. The village below should have some proper food to fill one's belly and women to warm your bed. This place is almot out of food and drink any way." Grumbling, Omar failed to notice that the others were looking past him to the main chamber, his back to the entryway. "All this for a worthless mouse. A weakling child that pretended she could hold a sword. I bet you my meal that this was all a waste of time."

A heavy 'thud' upon the table brought his attention from his grumblings to his surroundings. There upon the table was a giant lynx, skinned, partially eaten, and there standing next to him was a halfling, wearing a lynx pelt and bloodied bandages as she stared up at him, never taking her eyes off of him as she grabbed his plate, taking a big bite before grabbing mug as well and leaving the chamber with the meal.

The silence was brief before Barion's laughter filled the hall, Izaela's soon joining as Theron leans in close to the stunned Omar and spoke softly.

"Looks like she accepted your bet. I hope you like frozen lynx, my friend."
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Naomh on Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:46 pm

Chapter 5: Little Bird

The halfling's return had raised a bit of a stir, even the slaves had been quietly betting amongst each other on whether or not she would return from the trial with many having their doubts with most certain that even if she did return it would be empty-handed, a failure. It was true she was strong and resilient, halflings were not known for their ferocity but instead more of their love of food and comfort and her record in matches against The Warriors Four inspired little confidence and yet there she was, back within the mountaintop structure with the marks of battle with the body of the smallest yet fiercest creatures that called this particular mountain home on her shoulders. She even had the gall to give it to Omar and take the actual meal made for him, and got away with it!

That final act greatly amused all but Omar, who was left grumbling and ended up venting his annoyance on his personal slave with a particularly rough night, leaving her walking stiff the day after. Not that she was bothered too much by it, a slight built half-sylvan she appeared small and delicate but she rather enjoyed rough evenings with the powerful man and wore her new bruises with pride as she helped the few other slaves prepare the central chamber. They were to be leaving soon, it was all their understanding that their masters had spent longer up here than they had planned, but before then a celebration was planned for whether Omar liked it or not, a warrior had not just survived but successfully completed their first trial!

The furs and pillows were laid out, in the pot was bubbling a stew made from what was left of the wild cat, to help improve the meal was also a fresh mountain goat hunted by Izaela that morning. While it was no venison or pig raised for a lord to enjoy, the elderly slave Katherine was able to work magic with her ability to cook even the toughest of game into something edible and she had been secretly holding out and hiding ingredients just for a grand final meal before they left this mountaintop structure. Thus the chambers were soon filled with mouth-watering scents, reaching even Robyn in the far corner of the slave chambers as she cleaned and tended to her wounds.

She was curious as to what was going on, this was the most active she had seen the slaves since her arrival and whenever they addressed her it was now 'Miss' instead of 'little one'. Her clothes were laid out nearby freshly cleaned and mended, one of the slaves having done an amazing job putting clothes shredded by fang and claw before being used as impromptu bandages back together. A task that must have taken all night considering the amount of work done - they had been far too gone for magic alone to put back together - and the fact they were waiting for her when she woke in the morning. Another had also offered and given some aid to Robyn when it came to her wounds but the halfling was as competent as they were and had a list of tasks that needed their attention and so was dismissed.

Overall, a lot had changed overnight it seemed, mostly how the slaves were addressing and treating her, but more was to come when a slave, a catgirl with a build of soft fullness and a calico fur pattern that was the one that helped Robyn with her bandages, approached her and bowed.

"They await in the central chamber Miss, and would like for you to join them once you get dressed."

Giving the woman a nod and her thanks, Robyn finished the last of her bandages and rose to get dressed. 'They' could only mean one thing, and sure enough once she was ready and left the chamber, there they were, seated in a rough half-circle near the fire with Barion laughing and waving her over.

"And there she is! The woman of the day!" With a wide grin he reached out and mussed her hair before giving her a hearty slap on the back, causing her to stagger. "You did good, little one! Sit! Eat! It's not every day a person succeeds a challenge given by any of us, especially better than we had planned. Izaela was certain you'd find and get yourself goat instead!" He waved toward the pieces roasting over the fire, next to him the huntress smiled and nodded in confirmation, noting the halfling's confusion as she sits upon one of the spread out furs.

"Rest and be merry. You had proven yourself yesterday. Not many would have endured the treatment we have given you, fewer still would have survived the challenge afterward."

"And you didn't just survive, but succeeded! I mean, wild cat is not the best of tastes as I am certain you know now, but surely more of a fitting challenge for a warrior to down instead of a harmless goat!" Barion laughs and grins, his stout form rocking back and forth when Izaela gave him a shove.

"Thank you." Robyn couldn't help but smile at the merriment of the two, noting that even the greatly reserved Theron had a hint of a smile on his lips as well, even the movements of the slaves as they worked around them hinted at them stifling a chuckle, or they had smile on their lips as they worked. The only person who seemed displeased was Omar. The giant man nursing a mug and looking like he did in fact eat the meal of lynx Robyn had delivered him the day before. His sourness actually made her feel more proud and smile wider before something said caught in her mind. "Endured the treatment? Are you saying that you all have been testing me since the first day?"

"Of course." Theron finally spoke. "We had to see what you were made of, what you could do and when and how you would break, especially after your claims and the fact we were sent up here to meet you as well."

"This mouse can not be why Aden'Ver called us here!" Omar interrupted with a scowl, finally giving Robyn a glare. "Something so small, weak, you saw how she shook when I first swung my axe at her. This can not be a warrior of Aden'Ver." He waved at her. "Never."

Robyn felt her blood start to boil again, just when she felt like she was making some progress with this group Omar still was all insults and looking down at her. The look he gave and tone of his voice said far more, far worse, than the actual words said. "Because -you- may be the superior warrior does not mean that -I- can not be one at all! I was surprised and shaken by the greeting you decided to give me, the last thing I had expected was to be attacked by a man who claims to be of the same faith while I had my back turned to him! I realize now how much further I have to go, how much control I had over my previous engagements in the past and that I have have much to learn, but I have had -ENOUGH- of you spitting insults at me with every breath! Continue to do so and I -WILL- make you eat your words!"

Suddenly, everyone were at their feet. Omar leaping up and charging forward at the challenge, Robyn jumping to her feet in response, only for the two to be stopped and parted by the others. Izaela and Barion grabbing the barbarian and holding him back while Theron grabbed Robyn's arm and yanking her away as well.

"Brave words, little one. It is good to finally see the fire in your eyes come to the surface and for you to show some backbone, but now is supposed to be a time of celebration, not for settling grudges. Do not forget your injuries as well. You will only get hurt worse, and Omar will prove nothing to anyone for beating a halfling who is still sorely wounded from her trial."

The two warriors held back stared at each other a moment longer before Omar shook off his two comrades. "Best watch your tongue, Mouse, a strong spirit is worthless with a weak and broken body." Warning given, he returned to his seat and his mug. It was then Robyn realized all gazes had turned to her and she took a step back as Theron released her arm.

"You all wanted to see me reach my limit, I am there! I am done with mindless insults and being pushed. I know full well that I am smaller, weaker and less skilled than any of you, but size and strength has not stopped me before." Robyn felt her blood still rushing through her veins from the fight barely averted, and now she was standing, ringed by the four that have worn her down, insulted, used and abused her. "I have slain a jhore even when it had me in its jaws. I have the respect of a goblin warchief for my deeds in the arena of the Ilfirian Empire. Minotaurs that stand taller than Izaela have felt the bite of my sword and spear. From this point on I am finished with holding back, challenge me, insult me, mock me again and I will show you why I am called 'The Fierce' back at home and though you may defeat me, I will make you earn that victory." The silence that followed was tense, Robyn staring at all of them, but the majority of her focus was upon Omar for it was he who has been the roughest, the most critical and insulting toward her.

It was Barion that broke the silence, clapping his hands together and laughing. "Well! I dare say our little mouse is a mouse no more! Now more like her namesake, I dare say! A little bird that will fight more ferociously than an eagle thrice her size!" He chuckled and sat back down. "Ohhh... and it sounds like she has some stories to tell! I heard you say some of that to Izaela, stories that I very much like to hear told, and I've no doubt that you'd like to finally hear a bit more about some of us! So let us all put aside our annoyances for now. Eat, drink, be merry, and learn a bit more about our newest warrior, and tell her a bit more about us and those that came before, eh?" Smile was upon his face, but the glint in the man's eyes suggested that his own patience was wearing thin. Robyn, taking the hint, took a deep breath and nodded, returning to her seat, earning another ruffle of hair from the portly human. Sensing that it was now safe to do so, the slaves soon returned to the chambers to resume preparing the meal and serving the five warriors.
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Naomh on Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:10 pm

Chapter 6: The First Companion

"Ah! That hit the spot!" Barion raised his now emptied mug toward a passing slave to be refilled, his merriment coupled with the food and drink being laid out helping lift the mood and help all within to relax. As the atmosphere grew less tense, the delicate half-sylvan would appear with a lute in hand and took a seat to begin playing. "So! Where to begin, I wonder..." The stout-built human ran his hand along his great beard in thought, nodding at a glance from Theron and letting smile upon his face widen. "I suppose there's no better place than the beginning, wouldn't you agree, little bird?"

"Just Robyn please, but yes, I would like-." Hand upon head mussing her hair again cut her off, and she would shoot a mock-glare at Barion's cheeky, grin blowing strands of her dark hair out of her face.

"If you insist, little Robyn!" A merry chuckle and pause to take another drink, the others soon starting their meals as it was placed before them. Robyn in particular for proper meals had been few and far between and fresh, hot food was impossible to pass up. "Well, before the god came the man, and Aden'Ver was a great man indeed! Back before he built his home, while he still wandered the lands of Belariath, his travels took him to lands far to the south where instead of grass and trees there lies vast barren stretches of black sand. As far as the eye could see, no water, no plants, what little life there was were foul things called Screechers that had hard bodies, tails with barbs on the end that if they struck a man, he would soon die of poison and if that doesn't sound bad enough, little wings to carry them to their targets right quick!

And yet, within all of that were pockets of life, an oasis that was becoming the home of a tribe that loved combat almost as much as beauty and overly long names. Along the ocean coast was a small city struggling to survive, and, most important for our story, a great city named Har'Armrun."

"I have heard of Sha'Shir before, and that desert tribe sounds like the Ktechlahan. I know only a little about them but I have had the honour of meeting one of their members before." Robyn spoke up between bites. "But I don't think I've ever heard of Har`Armrun."

"It's an ancient elven city whose people tend to keep to themselves." Robyn's gaze turned to Theron as he explained, "A city of great and ancient knowledge and power."

Barion nodded, "And yet even they had their troubles. There were still some desert tribes that wandered the sands, and Har`Armrun had many things of value to them. Aden'Ver gave them an offer then. He would help rid them of their raider troubles in exchange for some of their knowledge. An offer they accepted but never expected to pay out on, for not only was it dangerous, but the desert was quite easy to get lost in! They had expected him to go out and never return.

Knowing this, Aden'Ver sought a guide, but none of the elves were willing. Those who were capable of fighting were soldiers that stuck with their own and those who could not were too afraid of the desert raiders to go out with a human. To top it off, he ran into a thief that stole most of his coin! What horrid luck!

Aden'Ver, however, was not one to dwell on misfortune, and oft turned it into a reason to push forward even harder. Using the knowledge he had learned hunting the goblins that attacked his home long ago, he hunted after this thief, and eventually found them as well! The thief was in a bit of a bind, for they had taken more than just some mehrial from the great warrior, they had also taken some valuables from a local noble, and something far, far more precious from the noble's only daughter, and thus had a whole group of guards after their head." Barion's smile widened and he gave Robyn a sly wink, smiles upon others, even Theron had a smirk upon his face.

"Aden'Ver, in his wisdom, gave the thief a deal, return his stolen coin and be his guide through the black sands as he fought the desert raiders, and he will protect the thief from the noble's guards. With little choice, the thief of course accepted and off they went.

The thief, despite their profession, was a person of honour and was swift of foot and hand to make up for their lack of strength. Not only did they help guide Aden'Ver through the deserts, but they fought alongside him more than once and even saved his life when an ambush went the wrong way. Once the raiders were finally driven off and they returned to Har`Armrun, Aden'Ver spoke in the thief's defense against the forces of the angered noble and had their life spared. Considering the debt paid, Aden'Ver bade his comrade in arms farewell, only to have the thief instead leave the elven city with him, and the two left the city, and the desert.

Thus, Aden'Ver had his first companion. Not a simple warrior following the man's legends, wishing to challenge or train under him, but a dear friend who he trusted with his life. To the original companion of Aden'Ver!" Barion raised his mug, and the others followed suit, Robyn blinking and looking around before quickly joining in, downing a large swallow of their ale.

"So... what was his name? The original companion's?" She asked upon the end of the toast, Barion waiting until after he had finished a few bites of his food before answering.

"That is up to Theron to answer, there are many secrets about the thief that only he knows." Gazes turn to the elf who sat stoically, making no move to offer any sort of a reply. "And as you can see, Theron is rather tight-lipped."

"So I see..." Robyn relented and shook her head, looking at a fresh plate of food places before her and a refill of her mug. She was already starting to feel warm and content from alcohol and food and leaned back against her furs, the most relaxed she has ever felt since her arrival.

Gazes turned to Omar when he suddenly shifts in his seat, the barbarian sitting straight of back and head held high as he spoke. "He who came next was Carn of the Northern Mountains. A warrior stronger than even Aden'Ver and whose blood runs through my veins."
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Naomh on Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:02 pm

Chapter 7: The Second Companion

"The Northern Mountains are friend to none. Many are like the peak we sit upon now where air is thin, ice and snow remain even in the heart of summer, and the hunter will find themselves the hunted by mountain trolls or fierce beasts. It is a land where only the strongest may survive, where little mice such as yourself will starve and freeze before the third rising of the moons." Omar smirked at the annoyed look upon Robyn's face and continued his story, leaving little chance for the halfling to object.

"Those mountains are the home of The White Bear Clan, of who even the smallest and most timid are stronger and fiercer than any human you will meet in the forests and plains to the south. In his time, Carn was the most powerful of them all. As a child he wrestled bear cubs, as his trial for becoming a man, he slayed a troll with just his bare hands and with the axe I wield now, he drove away the remaining trolls that threatened my clan. No man could challenge his might, of women he was never left wanting. The strongest warrior in the land."

"Having no other enemies to fight, Carn grew restless, no amount of women he bedded could please him, no riches or tributes, for he was a man of battle. He needed the fight, he must test his strength against something or someone worthy, of which there were none left in the Northern mountains. Those who fought him were ended swiftly, many instead put their weapons at his feet and even the largest and fiercest of mountain creature proved little challenge to a man of his might. In search of a real challenge, he left."

"In southern lands he found places that had yet to learn his name, warriors more eager to fight him, villages, towns and even lords in need of strong warriors to fight in battles for them. Carn continued to show he was the strongest, never to be defeated in any battle. The few battles where the side he was fighting for lost, he fought his way out, leaving bodies and warriors too afraid to avenge their fallen behind him for those of these lands were soft, weak. Carn began to despair, for he felt he would never have a proper challenge."

"It was deep within a marsh that he would meet a new warrior and his companion, hunting the same goblins as he. Carn had no need for help but when he had heard the warrior had sworn vengeance against members of this tribe allowed them to hunt with him. Goblins are cowardly but smart, they knew the three were coming and lie in wait. The ambush was swift and the goblins had poisoned weapons, but at the end of the fight none stood but Carn, the warrior and his companion. The battle finished and poison being tended to by the companion, the three left the marsh and returned to the nearest town to celebrate their victory. It was then Carn learned of the warrior's name: Aden'Ver."

"The goblins slain, the town held a celebration in the three's honour, food, drink, women, all were plenty and enjoyed and Aden'Ver and Carn shared many tales of their strength and skill with each other. The two began to challenge each other in feats of strength and every one Carn was the victor, proving many times he was the strongest in the land and Aden'Ver was impressed even more by Carn's might. He gave Carn a challenge that he could not decline, unarmed combat in where the loser will follow and serve the victor for as long as needed."

"Certain of his victory, Carn called all of the people to the middle of the town to form a ring and watch the fight. Ringed by the people they had saved, the arena lit by torchlight, the two locked arms and began their fight. The fight was long, the cheers loud, Carn had thrown Aden'Ver down many times but could not keep him from rising again. The two landed blows on each other but neither fell until at the end of the night, to the roaring cheers of the crowd, Aden'Ver had gotten Carn to the ground and pinned him down. Defeating the strongest warrior to have ever walked this world."

"Carn had never lost before, and being bested in such a fight after defeating the same man many times before stung his pride, but the man held his head high and kept his oath of honour. Swearing to serve Aden'Ver. From then on the two traveled together, having many fights, and in pure strength Carn always won, yet whenever Aden'Ver wished it, he could beat Carn in a fight. It was in these battles that the two became close friends and Carn proudly served Aden'Ver until his death in a great battle where even mortally wounded he slaughtered many of the enemy and died still standing tall and proud with spears and arrows of his enemies in his flesh."

During the entire telling of the tale Omar had sat straight of back, staring at Robyn, but now his gaze narrowed and voice lowered. "It is his blood that runs through my veins. The blood of the strongest warrior, it is his axe I wield in the service of the only man to ever best him in a fight. It is why I see such a weak, cowardly mouse, a woman so small that Theron could lift with one hand, an insult to the name of Aden'Ver when she claims to fight in his name."

A hand on Robyn's shoulder kept the halfling seated, and Barion shook his head with a small chuckle. "Small she may be, but we have seen the fire inside her, and have proof of how fierce she can be. Perhaps it is time for her to tell us some of her tale?"

The rest nodded in agreement, Robyn looking to them all, getting an encouraging smile from Omar and look of curiosity from Izaela. Theron's hand patting her shoulder and even Omar did not disagree and the slaves within earshot seemed to be more attentive, listening and looking her way. So with a deep breath the tiny warrior took a deep breath and nodded. "Alright..."
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Creations