Christmas Wishes, Candy Cane Dreams

Stories, poetry and pictures created by players here

Moderator: Tehya

Postby Tehya on Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:53 pm

tehya snow.jpg
tehya snow.jpg (117.26 KiB) Viewed 4464 times
This will be for Stories, Art, Poems, and Photography and can be anything about the winter and the holidays. You don't have to base this on TLI.

Please come back and leave a comment on your fellow players work.

You have until Jan. 1 and everyone is a winner.

Happy Holidays!
Tehya

Re: Yuletide Wishes, Candy Cane Dreams

Postby Stormbringer on Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:16 pm

candyelf.png
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Re: Yuletide Wishes, Candy Cane Dreams

Postby Tehya on Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Ohhh lovely thanks SB
Tehya

Postby Tehya on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:32 pm

Christmas my favorite Holiday!

It all started one snowy day in December when my owner put up her Christmas tree. She went out and bought her tree a month early, a balled one at that, and she watered it every day. The fragrance was intoxicating and I went around the tree everyday wondering what it would be like to be outside in the snow circling a tree for a bird. I looked at those glistening balls with glitter and they caught my eye, a few pounces up on my hind feet made her laugh and say, “Oh how cute, don’t touch Troubles!”

My silly owner put the tree on this old antique trunk, and then lured me with a white drape over the base with a thousand of tassels hanging down for my claws to snatch and claw at. She kept smiling and saying oh look he’s so cute. Hey I took that as a go ahead and play all you want. See; I only was three months old and had more energy than I knew what to do with.

She fed me well, and the dog just laid around the house, so I figured let me try climbing the tree like all the cats do in the TV shows. Outside looked fun, but I liked staying warm by the fireplace when I was snoozing.

My paws never touched the snow, and they never will.

My owner got busy one day, and that was my opportune time to climb the Christmas tree and see what it felt like, besides she lured me by putting a few feathered bird ornaments at the top. That’s my excuse and I will stick to it. When I wiggled my behind and put my ears down to my head I ran with all the energy I could muster right up to the tree top.

A loud crash was heard and the tree came down to the floor. The tub it was sitting in full of dirt and water splattered all over, and those glittering balls were shattered to pieces into the mud and water.
I was lucky to live to tell the story, and she decided to name me Troubles.

What can you do when your artificial tree gets ruined or you just can’t afford a tree? Follow me!

Try going out into the woods and cut a full branch of limbs and spray them with artificial snow, and scatter glitter on the limbs. It makes the most beautiful tree, and the cost is only the glitter and snow. Place it in a stable container and run lights over the branches and decorate.

That’s what my owner did, and she said it was the most beautiful Christmas Tree she ever had… thanks to me.

And to think at night when I curled on her lap looking at the tree, she gave kisses and pet my head.

Written by
Cat Troubles
Tehya

Return to Creations