RANKED SKILL FOR WORKING AT THE GS

Work logs for employees at the GS. One topic per employee please.

Moderators: Tawny, Ielenia

RANKED SKILL FOR WORKING AT THE GS

Postby Tawny on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:10 am

Tending/Etiquette

Jeweler

Scribe
Tawny

Re: RANKED SKILL FOR WORKING AT THE GS

Postby Amara on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:38 am

I'd like to suggest Scribe as well - when special orders come in - detailed notes and order writing must be done.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:46 am

Ok I went and read Scribe very closely and its not just writing its mastery of writing and I dont see where anything other than being able to write plainly is needed. I am considering afew other skills and once I have asked some questions if they are right they will be added. I dont think a skill needs to be added just because they might somehow fit in. If Iam wrong then I am sorry. But the way I read scribe its just not something that the GS would pay for.
Tawny

Postby Tawny on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:27 am

I have added jeweler to the GS But I dont think Scribe fits the job.
Tawny

Postby Kooky on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:45 am

Given that the GS is the only place that sells animals (aside from the SS which are familiars only) I'd like to suggest making Animal Handling/Training skills ones that would work for the GS. Someone certainly has to take care to feed and handle them, as well as clean up their messes. :D
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:01 am

The GS doe not train animals and handling is not a ranked skill that I m aware of.
Tawny

Postby Akaton on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:39 am

Ok was thinking about relevant skills. Scribe again comes up. Namely as people do engravings. And mastery of writing is needed for that. To keep the letters uniform and flowing especially on smaller items to be engraved like rings and what not. It would require alot of skill.
Akaton
Expert
Expert

Postby Tawny on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:31 am

Again I dont think scribe is needed at the GS for the main reason that the meaning of the word scribe has little to do with flowing writing at all... Scribe - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scribe
A scribe is a person who writes books or documents by hand in hieratics, cuneiform or other scripts and may help keep track of records for priests and government.
Or... historical
a person who copies out documents, especially one employed to do this before printing was invented.

That is not needed to engrave jewelry. If anything would fit that kind of work it would be Calligraphy.
Tawny

Postby Akaton on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:46 pm

Thats the noun. As a skill its an adjective. Like its Cartography not Cartographer as the skill. The skill is writing regardless of the medium. Engraving is a form of writing.
Akaton
Expert
Expert

Postby Tawny on Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:37 am

Adding scribe to the GS ranked skills.
Tawny

Postby Caolan on Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:48 pm

Throwing out a few skills for consideration, including their description (with sources) and reasonings.

Skill: Animal Handling (unranked)
Description: Animal handling describes how people respond to and interact with animals within the animal's environment. Proper handling techniques can reduce animal pain and distress and improve animal welfare. Animal handling methods require training, skill, and behavioral knowledge of the species you are working with.
Source: https://www.nal.usda.gov/animal-health- ... ing%20with.
Reason: Despite not doing much more than cleaning cages, accepting delivery of the animals, and shuffling them around, this still counts to help, as described above, lessen the stress on the animals themselves and ensure their overall health and wellbeing.

Skill: Administration
Description: The job role of an administrator involves the following duties: Preparing, organising and storing information in paper and digital form. Dealing with queries on the phone and by email. Greeting visitors at reception. Managing diaries, scheduling meetings and booking rooms.
Source: https://www.goconstruct.org/constructio ... ng%20rooms
Reasoning: Obviously a lot of this doesn't apply, and a good chunk of this is 'behind the scenes' kind of work, but it would be useful for making sure work logs and ledgers, as well as employee lists would be organized. Stock, orders, etc. Some of this is definitely covered with Tending/Etiquette to a point as well.

Administration isn't such a big deal, but Animal Handling would be a great skill for the amount of animals that pass through the shop.
Available at any time;

Caolan (Gold High Elf, General Store Assistant Manager, Healing House attendant)
    Vaden (Silver moriel cat, Body Arts artist and piercer)
    Thythm (Earthly Drak`Sen Bastard)
    Billie Chersky (single-tailed orange foxkit)

Pms are always open to anyone
Caolan
Expert
Expert

Postby Tawny on Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:02 am

Unranked skills do not get paid so if someone wishes to have said skill they can. But again its unranked so no extra pay is givin for it.
Tawny

Postby Caolan on Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:09 am

Tawny wrote:Unranked skills do not get paid so if someone wishes to have said skill they can. But again its unranked so no extra pay is givin for it.

Oh they don't? Oh gosh. Sorry about that! Okay. :) Thanks for letting me know!
Available at any time;

Caolan (Gold High Elf, General Store Assistant Manager, Healing House attendant)
    Vaden (Silver moriel cat, Body Arts artist and piercer)
    Thythm (Earthly Drak`Sen Bastard)
    Billie Chersky (single-tailed orange foxkit)

Pms are always open to anyone
Caolan
Expert
Expert

Postby Tawny on Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:02 pm

no problem dear.
Tawny

Return to GS Work Logs