Warrior Mages and Helms

Place to learn news about the weapon and armor, and discuss developments. Not for combat dev generally

Moderators: Ryke Masha, Elthorion

Warrior Mages and Helms

Postby Tahni on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:28 am

I was looking through the armor lists the other day, looking for helms for warrior mages and I noticed something. The Great Helm says it can be worn by Warrior Mages but when you look at the Armor Class it is D. Warrior Mages can only use Armor Classes of A,B, or C. Is this a typo? I was wondering if it could be changed so that Fanged Helms could be worn by Warrior Mages since it's Class C.
Tahni
Novice
Novice

Re: Warrior Mages and Helms

Postby Vysanth on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:03 am

It may come from a time where WaMs could use Class D armor, maybe...
Vysanth
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Tahni on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:50 pm

I was sure it might be something like that. If that's the case then maybe we can get it changed so that WaM's can use Fanged Helms. Right now they don't allow spell casting even though it's a class C armor. Helm's for WaM's is quite limited.
Tahni
Novice
Novice

Postby lyllamarie on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:22 pm

It also says that WaM's can only wear mithril metals. So, while I doubt Fanged Helm will be added, but we might look at the one discrepancy down the line
The player of
LyllaMarie{SB} || Sutara || Ebilese || Hellian Cros || Kuma || Imogene
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby Tahni on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:52 am

Hmmmm the Tahni is wearing armor she's not supposed to be and if they can only where mithril then the only two head pieces they can wear are the circlet and coif. Those are the only mithril head pieces their are. Is their anyone that more helms made of mithril can be made availible? As it stands now Helms for WaM's is severaly limited.
Tahni
Novice
Novice

Postby Krom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:22 am

You do realize it is a warrior mage.... it is a hybrid character.. it is not specialized in either physical or magical... why would they get the chance to master in defenses with the use of plate mail? It's bad enough that spells trump physical defense armor as it is.

You may wish to reconsider just what a warrior mage is all about.
Krom
Expert
Expert

Postby Tahni on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:05 pm

Who's talking about giving WaM's access to plate? I'm not. I'm just wanting mithril helms be made availible. As of right now only Coif and Circlet are availible in mithril. Under the new rules for WaM's their armor selection is severally limited.
Tahni
Novice
Novice

Return to Might Makes Right