Warrior Mages and Armor

Place to learn news about the weapon and armor, and discuss developments. Not for combat dev generally

Moderators: Ryke Masha, Elthorion

Warrior Mages and Armor

Postby Tahni on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:38 am

I noticed something in the armor lists about armor that WaM's can use. It says that WaM's can use scale mail armor but under spellcasting allowed it says No. And since WaM's can only use Mithril armor what then? is their anyone that they can make Mithril Scale Mail availible? *Gets on knees* Please i'm begging you!! As it stands now the only thing with decent defence is Mithril Chain for WaM's.
Tahni
Novice
Novice

Re: Warrior Mages and Armor

Postby JamesMenel on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:08 am

Mithril scale mail

Description: Overlapping scales of metal plates on a leather backing. Enhantment cost is 75% normal cost. Magic Use By WaM
Strength (STR) Required: 12
Defense Modifier: 5
Equipment Slots Used: 1
Number of Uses: 0 (0 = unlimited)
Allows Spellcasting? Yes
Weapon Class: C
Price: 675.00 Mehrials

Here is my turn in for what the Mithril Scale armor's stats should be, considering what other Armors and their mithril counterparts have in common, this should be a very close comparison... Hope all you Warrior Mages enjoy and may the Moderators approve
JamesMenel
Novice
Novice

Postby Ehlanna on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:13 am

The armour use of Warrior-Mages has been dramatically changed - they used to be able to wear pretty much any form of armour but are now limited to mithril. The armour list has not been updated to reflect this, however (Chain Mail, for example stating: "Description: Hauberk - long sleeved, knee length Magic Use by WaM").
This also leads to a question realted to helms which has been asked in another thread here. Helms tend to be metal ... and thus by strict definition Warrior-Mages are unable to wear them as there are no mithril helms.

We will take these questions away and have a ponder ...!
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby lyllamarie on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:44 pm

actually, a WaM can combine a gambeson and RoAM for +2 DEF better than the scale.
The player of
LyllaMarie{SB} || Sutara || Ebilese || Hellian Cros || Kuma || Imogene
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby Tahni on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:37 pm

While that may be true what if you that's not what if a robe is not the look you're going for with your character? I know it's not just about looks but I don't picture Tahni wearing robes into combat. When i think of warrior i picture metal armor.
Tahni
Novice
Novice

Postby lyllamarie on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:38 pm

You didn't pick a Warrior. You picked a hybrid of a physical and magical Class. These are the concessions we make for doing such.
The player of
LyllaMarie{SB} || Sutara || Ebilese || Hellian Cros || Kuma || Imogene
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby Tahni on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:06 am

Gotcha. I understand that. WaM's aren't completely physcial or completely magical. Their isn't a single C Class Armor in all the Mithril Armor's. Basically the choices for armor for WaM's is Mithril Chain which is Class B or RoAM which is Class A. Everything else is less defence. I'm not asking for Class D armor. I'm just asking to be able to choose Class C armor for my choosen Advanced Class and am unable to do so. WaM write up says WaM's can use Class C armor but there is none in the mithril sets.
Tahni
Novice
Novice

Return to Might Makes Right