Composites?

Place to learn news about the weapon and armor, and discuss developments. Not for combat dev generally

Moderators: Ryke Masha, Elthorion

Composites?

Postby Gabriel Storm-Dancer on Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:08 pm

So here's a question...

As many of us like neat and unique things...signature pieces, or a trademarked look...is it possible to get composites done at the MMR?

Example: Bubba wants a cool sword. But not like everyone else's cool sword. He wants it to be 60% mithril, 20% bronze and 20% gold. - Can the MMR do this? And since Mithril is the dominant metal, will it still hold the enchanting properties of mithril?

That's just one example out of many scenarios or possibilities.

Just wanted to check and see if it's doable. - If not, then why not?
Gabriel Storm-Dancer
Expert
Expert

Re: Composites?

Postby Tawny on Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:47 am

Now granted I am just the player of the Assistant Manager but... We have a price list with shop item number just like any other shop, that we use and there is nothing on it like that so IMO I think anything like that would need special permission for pricing and item number for you to even have it in inventory. Again this is only IMO. So I suggest you at least ask some one in the HC about it. Mainly L`aquera.
Tawny

Postby Gabriel Storm-Dancer on Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:18 pm

True, but it would likely just fall under the highest percentage material. Like the sword in the example. It's 60% mithril. So it'd be a Mithril sword for item number and pricing. But the description of it could note the composites. But, agreed, will run it with HC.
Gabriel Storm-Dancer
Expert
Expert

Postby Ryke Masha on Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:05 am

As the Manager of the shop I am going to say no for multiple reasons. First off ic it is doesnt make sense given the nature of mithril. It is a very unique and hard to work with material as is so trying to blend another metal into it would like just make it weaker overall. While there are real world examples of composite metals and such. It isnt very practical in game. OOC wise Tawny's player brought up great points of the shop item confusion and what not. So sadly no composite metals isnt going to be a thing for the mmr unless dev team comes out with something
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby Ehlanna on Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:09 pm

Very much correct, Ryke, thank you :)
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Return to Might Makes Right