Wades ramble

A place for players to get on their soap box and let it all out.
Ops will not respond to any posts here except to delete anything which is beyond the limits of a civilized community.

Wades ramble

Postby Wadeywade on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:57 pm

I want you to know, the last few days have been rather fast paced, so gathering my thoughts into a concise, short sentence may be out the window, but I ask you bear with me.

Life, is like a gearbox. Sometimes, it starts slow, and it takes a minute to wind up then it drops to the next gear; and pretty soon you are blasting down the LIE at 100+ saying, "whoa, how did this happen?!" Sometimes you can ride the same course, a thousand times, slowly; then the first time you go fast you almost crap yourself your so scared, you also get really exicted but some times you have to back off the thottle, take the corner and try not to go splat. Common sense overrides the thrill of the chase, or rather the chase of the thrill, if we want to be honest.

Recently, I dropped from roleplay, except to officiate matches for the Arena and on the odd time some NPC baddie is trying to rip the city or the empire down or the citizen, or whatever. I switch instead to working the SI team, and as I mentioned, the officiating job. Many great actors in time became great directors, Ron Howard for example. I think that, coupled with the fact riding season has begun not only in earnest but also with great verve and gusto in my own life, with possibilities to do great things in that arena. I fell into uncharted territory and I cannot lie; the draw of that is the chase of the thrill, but, again sometimes you gotta gear down, take the corner and hope not to splat. :)

So, I traded some of one kind of thrill for another, deciding instead to get behind the scenes a bit and balance my life out that way, because, well... zombieland rule 34.enjoy the little things. And, I think these things will allow for a more.. productive, fun.. thing for everyone. And, I know a good number of you have heard wade say this; now I say it for all to hear as a reminder that promise is still good: if you need me whistle to the wind and Ill bring the thunder. :)

Peace and long life

Wade
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Re: Wades ramble

Postby Marena on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:58 am

Just remember that a pretty mermaid would tend his cuts and grazes, hold his hand, calm and soothe a torn soul and mind and generally try to bring a little peace and tlc to his whirlwind pace should he wish it. And of course if she is in trouble, you bet your sorry ass she'll be a whistlin' on the wind...well more of an eery hum! She will miss the presence of her island friend more regularly.
Player of:
Marena - "Take a breath, Rest your head....." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ATjxh-pwlQ
Rowan Capell
Marena
Expert
Expert

Re: Wades ramble

Postby Wadeywade on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:13 am

Just whistle and wait.. wait for the Thunder. ;)
Thanks John Barrowman for such a sublime line.
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Return to Players Rant and Rave