Rants and Raves ... ? Or just insult fest?

A place for players to get on their soap box and let it all out.
Ops will not respond to any posts here except to delete anything which is beyond the limits of a civilized community.

Rants and Raves ... ? Or just insult fest?

Postby L`aquera on Sun May 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Hey.. Listen. People have 'rants' asking you all to stay polite when you are ranting is.. kind of silly, asking you NOT to be pointing the fingers at others and mentioning names, is a sane way to go. If your posts start getting more than edgy and ramble into the extreme rude, then they are going to get deleted.

I don't particularly care if ya'll don't like me or yourselves or the game or life. But have some decorum in here, as much is as possible while wailing, throwing hands in the air and needing to vent.

My apologies to those whos posts went the wayside, but unfortunately rather than starting a war that may get worse and drag into OOC and IC, I've deleted/edited.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Re: Rants and Raves ... ? Or just insult fest?

Postby Vysanth on Sun May 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Apologies, L.
I lost my head, and after seeing your note like a naughty little boy, I have deleted my reposted Topic on "Some Can Rant...etc" my own.
Vysanth
Initiate
Initiate

Postby L`aquera on Sun May 01, 2011 8:57 pm

I don't want you to apologize either, just keep your head about you if POSSIBLE and be careful 'how' you point fingers. Whether its against the Ops/Admins or your fellow players, some 'respect' should be noted. Thank you.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby L`aquera on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:29 pm

*nudges*

*coughs*

We do not ban for what you say in rants and raves, that is why it is 'here'. That someone was polite enough to leave out names was appreciated. So, please, like the rant or not, do try to stay polite with each other, thats all we ask.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby L`aquera on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:55 am

Ok guys.. seriously.. I think I'm almost done with this forum as a whole. I donno how many times now I've been PM'd today but its not just today. Its every time there is a rant. Never a rave. I don't look in here unless someone nudges me that things are getting out of control because honestly, I just don't care. Everyone needs to get things off their chest, I get it.

But once you're done ranting, then another person rants on the same subject, and then another rant and another and.. pretty soon you are at each others throats. All over a difference of opinion. Remember when you speak in here, you are no longer speaking to characters. There are real people behind that screen that are just as frustrated as you.

Band together, don't disband. Do you feel me?

Yes, constructive argument is good! Getting things off your chest is good! But don't insult each other because it does hurt. You must see that and if not, think about it carefully. Everyone has their own opinions and its ok to have them. Try not to put down each others just because it doesn't coincide with your own. You can agree to disagree in here, can't you?

Every time I'm asked.. "What do you think of this post." I say.. Ok.. But! Remember, its the rants and raves, the moment you speak, you'll get jumped so I hope you have a thick skin." I shouldn't have to say that. I'm all for shutting this forum down because thats just sad. Yes, you get heated, yes, I do actually understand. But this is the last time I ask that you all look around and think before you leap.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby CallieO on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:10 am

I don't know about all that; sometimes I think the forum could benefit from having a Straight Dope Forum-style "BBQ Pit" where you can name names, point fingers and do a complete and utter bitch-fest if you want to.

"If you're dumb, surround yourself with smart people. If you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you."
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Infernis on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 pm

CallieO wrote:I don't know about all that; sometimes I think the forum could benefit from having a Straight Dope Forum-style "BBQ Pit" where you can name names, point fingers and do a complete and utter bitch-fest if you want to.

"If you're dumb, surround yourself with smart people. If you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you."

Natasha Romanoff: Doctor, we're facing a potential global catastrophe.

Bruce Banner: Well, THOSE I actively try to avoid.

You have to ask yourself: What good would it accomplish to have a 'sanctioned' spot where people would be free and 'encouraged' to point out people they don't like and bitch about them in a public forum? I'm sure it'd make you feel better to single out others for ranting and bitching and complaining, but what about the one being singled out? Do you think she's having a good time? Her name out there, held up for scorn and ridicule and humiliation?

How fun would that make the game for you?

Now, me...I can take it. I'm a thick-skinned old bastard who's seen the worst that can be thrown at someone and I come out of it smiling. Others? Not so much. Others take it to heart.

That sort of maliciousness is a big part of why the OOC room was removed in the first place, you know. So, now, all that malicious snarky sniping and gossiping and rumoring and shit-talking and 'mean girls' behavior is all elsewhere in other rooms that have no official connection to TLI and thank 'god' for it. The game has improved a thousand fold without having to see that shit in the OOC on a daily basis.

So, if you want to point fingers and complain and bitch and rant about people, please free to do so anywhere else other than TLI. In particular, the Rants and Raves board. This particular corner of heaven is reserved for bitching and complaining about 'game features and aspects' and not about people in particular.

~I~
Infernis
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:01 pm

I'll give this a NUDGE since some newbies decided not to read it...... Imagine that.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Return to Players Rant and Rave