To whom it may concern

A place for players to get on their soap box and let it all out.
Ops will not respond to any posts here except to delete anything which is beyond the limits of a civilized community.

To whom it may concern

Postby Akaton on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:52 pm

Look people. Im gonna say this once. And only once. This is a game. Shit happens through the game and events that affect characters. So if something is brought up from a past event where characters are involved and you dont like it when the RP gets a bit heated or something in some way. Avoid playing with those people. I personally will be. Also will do my best to ignore said player of the character as much as possible in an ooc manner. This does not mean I will avoid you in any way IC i.e. if im working a shop and that character comes in. Ill deal with you on that basis. But don't get your panties in a bunch if shit gets brought up from the past. Hell its all part of what makes characters what they are. Life experiences for them. So please if you can't handle IC drama in a RPG don't play with characters you will get it from. It will make life easier for both parties involved.

Im done with the stupid shit. Sometimes it seems people take IC shit personally. Its not. If I think you are an asshole OOC ill tell you OOC that you are an asshole. Why? Because I myself can be quite the asshole. Dont believe me. Just ask L. She will tell ya.
Akaton
Expert
Expert

Re: To whom it may concern

Postby Rebecca of Valaris on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Hell its all part of what makes characters what they are. Life experiences for them. So please if you can't handle IC drama in a RPG don't play with characters you will get it from. It will make life easier for both parties involved. 

So. Much. This.
Rebecca of Valaris
Expert
Expert

Re: To whom it may concern

Postby Kooky on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:54 pm

I agree! I play a few underdogs and one huge under'dog and one complete asshole and a charming jerkface'. I get some people don't like certain characters, so I don't go out of my way to thrust them in some folk's faces.. but I happily play my others with those same people.

It's a game. The oddballs have their own unique tales that can be fun or annoying. The drama that stems from personal (IC) rivalries should stay IC, because when it goes to OOC, it's no fun for anyone. Characters can take on lives of their own as they interact and deal with other characters. It is not meant to be taken personally by the players in any way. Just because character A hates character B doesn't mean that the other characters from said players will have any issue. It also shouldn't mean that players should have any issue with each other.

IC and OOC are meant to be separate. Characters are -meant- to get into some sort of drama. If you've ever read a story of no drama, no development, no interaction... it.. it's pretty boring.
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Players Rant and Rave