Dominants and roleplay.

A place for players to get on their soap box and let it all out.
Ops will not respond to any posts here except to delete anything which is beyond the limits of a civilized community.

Dominants and roleplay.

Postby Cayenne on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:10 pm

It's not easy to play the dominant role. Especially outside of planned encounters, with either vague, or agreed upon limits and interactions. For many, keeping up a certain mystique, mood, or sense of danger about a character is very important, and every attempt to interact with a potential partner puts that at risk because of behind the scenes desires and interests.

Even in situations where some amount of interaction is agreed upon, it's not such a simple. Understanding the desires of your partner, and fitting those limitations of what their characters would conceivably perform is often a delicate balancing act.

It takes a lot of patience, and creativity to play a dominant character in a highly desirable way.

For instance, to me, one of the most important features of dominant character is their ability to set and control the mood. This can be done in a number of ways, through how they describe the world around them, or their chosen actions and wordings when interacting with their partnered character(s).

As someone of whom found themselves most comfortable playing the submissive role for years, I understood that part of my job was to give life my partners actions. To show them the results of their efforts in every little aspect of my character and their changing perception of the situation. It was a fun, and interesting experience bouncing back and fourth.

There are some many styles of role-play, of interacting, of describing those interactions that it is often a feast for the mind. The best role-play in my experience, and subsequent opinion is framed on belief and respect of your partners desires and creations. You might have a dream for your character, or desire of something you want to do (Be that in the moment, or long term) but you are still looking for, and needing 'partner' outside of just writing your own stories (Which I would totally suggest if you have the desire for it).

You shouldn't ever take lightly the trust and respect of your writing partner - on either side they are often making themselves inherently vulnerable and to take advantage of that does much more than spoil your personal relationship with them, but also in many cases their outlook on the community as a whole. We're here to have fun, and for some, explore situations and characters often touchy and taboo.

So be nice to each other and have as great a time as possible!~
Cayenne
Adept
Adept

Re: Dominants and roleplay.

Postby Amara on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:36 am

Well stated!
=D>
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Players Rant and Rave