Rudeness Redux

A place for players to get on their soap box and let it all out.
Ops will not respond to any posts here except to delete anything which is beyond the limits of a civilized community.

Rudeness Redux

Postby Sikyat`Pallaton on Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:11 pm

The last few months, I have noticed an increase in rudeness and snarky comments in the OOC about not only current players but past players whom left on their own accord (including former nobles/ops).

This type of rudeness is not very appealing to anyone who wishes to join and may scare off future roleplayers. I think we all agree we should live by the golden rule that if you don't have anything nice, don't say anything at all (at least in the OOC).

That is the philosophy I live by at least.
Sikyat`Pallaton
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Rudeness Redux

Postby Thunder on Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:14 am

I agree with you I have seen it as well. I wish it would stop but in truth I don't think it will. Because people don't want to do that for some reason. But I do wish they would. It would make it a lot easier when people do come to ooc and new people come in. I do hope they don't see the rudeness and don't want to play in this place. Because not everyone is rude there is a few yes. However most are kind.

I think it would be great if people that are being rude could just take it to the person's pm that they are pissed off at and want to be rude and judgmental to. However I do have the feeling that if they did that then the ones that are being rude might get in trouble so they seem to think its alright to do it in ooc and no one ever says anything.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
Thunder
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Dante_Ambrogio on Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:19 am

This is one of those things unfortunately that while yes, posting it here on the MB is perhaps a good idea but if you are seeing it happening in OOC then you need to alert the OPs that are logged in so that they can put a stop to it and if its directed toward you then you need to take it and your logs of it to the OPs as well.
Loves bite is eternal, welcome or otherwise. Once bitten it twines with your very soul and can never be forgotten

Player of: Dante Ambrogio, Victus Ambrogio|Naut|, Kat`ryn Quel`dalre, Elizabeth Graesyn, Vex Windstrider, Valithren Caradoc, Daelmaron Fyresong, Morgran Fireforge, Feindhara Ingolfr, Gashan Nakajima,
Dante_Ambrogio
Expert
Expert

Postby Caolan on Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:58 am

There's a point where too far is too far. I'm sure plenty of people have complained about each other, and yes a thicker skin is required, but at the same time.. if you're being an all-out cunt maybe it should be toned down a bit.
Available at any time;

Caolan (Gold High Elf, General Store Assistant Manager, Healing House attendant)
    Vaden (Silver moriel cat, Body Arts artist and piercer)
    Thythm (Earthly Drak`Sen Bastard)
    Billie Chersky (single-tailed orange foxkit)

Pms are always open to anyone
Caolan
Expert
Expert

Postby L`aquera on Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:14 pm

The OOC Room

The OOC room exists so that players and Ops alike can discuss plans of role-playing characters, and new players to the game can discuss and get what help is needed to start themselves out. To a lesser degree, it exists so players can chat with each other and relax. Everyone here is over an 18 age margin and as such, is expected to act in a mature fashion. We of course, discourage such things as, Religion. Race. Politics. These reasons become clear as you may step into a discussion that suddenly becomes most heated and certainly unneeded.

The Ops will ONLY moderate the channel for objectionable behavior such as insulting comments, racism, trolling, emo-centric whines, arguments and harassment. Objectionable behavior will be defined at the sole discretion of any Ops present in the OOC channel. If they tell you to stop you will have five minutes to comply, to allow for post lag. After that, if you continue you will be banned from OOC for a minimum of 48 hours. No arguments, no discussions, no appeal.

The channel is for registered TLI players, not for trolls. Fail to log in with Des for 20 (this is generally a 5 minute delay, we kick) minutes and you will be kicked. Rejoin and fail to log in after a further 20 minutes and you will be banned from OOC for 24 hours.

Topic Changes: There seems to be some confusion on this. A topic change cannot be enforced by a single player, or even a group of players, demanding one. There is a general rule that certain subjects are discouraged in OOC. But in all cases, players can request an Op to call for a topic change. Only an Op can demand a topic change however.

-------------------------

In laymen terms, we expect you to act like adults. Don't expect any Op here to take your snark or rudeness. If someone goes flying this week from the ooc, don't act shocked or surprised. If you hop into an Ops PM and get further rude, don't expect to come back to the ooc room for some time. I have no further patience for this anymore as some of you may have sharply noticed.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Stormbringer on Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:45 pm

I do think, what with the state of social media and the growing real life polarisation between fascism and democracy, we do rather well on the whole to attract caring and responsible adults here. But there's always room for improvement and the internet is very empowering for those who wish to throw insults with anonymity. So here's the thing. Anyone wishing to make a nasty or snarky comment in OOC about another player may do so but they have to do it with their real name and address, not some anonymous smokescreen to hide behind.

Anyone who fails to follow that instruction, L` has a boot waiting.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Return to Players Rant and Rave