Armor and the way it stacks.

Questions and suggestions about the rules of the roleplay and how things work

Moderators: L`aquera, Stormbringer, Ehlanna, lyllamarie

Re: Armor and the way it stacks.

Postby Ehlanna on Mon May 09, 2011 6:03 pm

The wording on stuff like this is always awkward. Would putting a leather jerkin on absolutely prevent you from donning a robe over the top? Obviously the answer to that is no. You can even slip a robe (which is, after all, quite an accomodating bit of clothing) over pretty much anything, even over chain, plate, etc.
We then get to the rub of the question ... stacking. Simply, it's the bit of armour with the best DEF rating that is 'active'. So yes, you can wear as many bits of armour as you can get into - even so far as buying 30 bits of leather in ever-increasing sizes and putting them all on. Then put a robe over the top, and if the robe has a better DEF rating, then you get the DEF of the robe, not any of the leather. Take the robe off and you get the effect of one of the bits of leather.
So long as you have the required strength you can wear what you want - robes over more robes over plate over chain over leather ... And the ONLY thing that will count (or 'function') is the armour with the best DEF.
We could just say you cannot waer multiple bits of armour that 'conflict' - but that, even for a fantasy game, flies a little too much in the face of physics! "I put this little tunic on and then ... look I cannot, come hell or high water, put on this robe, it will just not fit over my head!"
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby crow on Mon May 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Just to check Suppose you have:

A leather armor (1def) enchanted with 3slot firebolt.
A Robe of the arch magi (5def) enchanted with +2res and 3slot ice shards.

And your character icly wears them both. Obviously he cant use both so he only has the stronger +5def.
But will he be able to use the enchanted 3slot firebolt?
crow
Expert
Expert

Postby L`aquera on Mon May 09, 2011 6:09 pm

The answer is no.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Previous

Return to Rules and Gameplay