Thoughts about poisoning and resistance to such.

Questions and suggestions about the rules of the roleplay and how things work

Moderators: L`aquera, Stormbringer, Ehlanna, lyllamarie

Thoughts about poisoning and resistance to such.

Postby Valayne on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 am

Hello dear rule team.
I know, that line is a bit awkward but I was not sure how to start, so I hope that might be forgiven. I've recently looked through the Silent Embrace stuff, the rules and workings of poisons and I think they're all fair with a little exception.
The roll one does to determine the poison's effect is done by using a D100 + the respective victims RES. In my opinion that would make sense for those that came in contact with poison or have build up a resistance to it, but for most normal beeings I'd think that it makes little sense to shake of the most deadly of poisons just because of a high Resistance number.

For a little example..even an elephant, with a much higher tolerance than us humans to physical stuff or weather influences can be easily poisoned....

The other way is to increase the dose of poison aimed at the target, like putting more than one vial of liquid poison into the same wine, but there are no rules to deal with such a way of handling things, like a -% on the roll or a higher probability of getting caught as one needs to put more effort and time into poisoning the stuff.

I don't want to say that I'm not happy with those rules that exist or that they need to be changed, just that there's a little hole that could be fixed.

I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes,
Greetings Valayne.
Valayne
Expert
Expert

Re: Thoughts about poisoning and resistance to such.

Postby miyuka on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:42 pm

The rules for this are made at the most simplistic level and sometimes game mechanics outweigh what you and I may consider to otherwise make sense. We have stats for a reason and if we start making things that don't use 'em, what would be the point?
miyuka

Return to Rules and Gameplay