What happens when STR is reduced to 0?

Questions and suggestions about the rules of the roleplay and how things work

Moderators: L`aquera, Stormbringer, Ehlanna, lyllamarie

What happens when STR is reduced to 0?

Postby Reigor on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:27 am

...or any other stat for that matter.

The example is Spirit Weapon (and possibly a poison). Spirit Weapon is a spell that temporarily drains STR instead of LIFE when it hits, until the target reaches 0. What happens at that point? The spell itself mentions difficulty with low STR for character's with weapons and/or armor.

"Note, that the loss in strength may effect the opponent's ability to wield weapons or armor that have a specific requirement to use and it will cost the opponent one round/action to discard or pick up and use the effected weapon/armor."

I'm guessing from this that if the character's STR drops below the requirement for a weapon that they would automatically drop it. But what about armor? Is it that they can't move until they take it off? Can they still attack? Is there a penalty?

And then there is the point when STR reaches 0, can the target even stand up at all? Is it like reaching 0 LIFE and being effectively a victory for the attacker if s/he doesn't immediately take advantage of the situation (for spirit weapon the drain only lasts 2 rounds unless refreshed) ?

What about other stats? Would a character with an INT of 0 be a mindless animal acting only on instinct? A 0 RES loosing all will and will obey any command? A 0 AGI unable to move without tripping or dropping anything held? I understand that some characters ignore some stats, a mage with a low STR is a classic example, would that fact make spells like Spirit Weapon too powerful, or is that the chance they take by not spreading out their STAT points?

I think clarification on these questions would be a good idea, it could possibly open up new ways for people to RP and do combat. It might also be abusive, hell if I know. I'm just asking questions. :)
Reigor
Novice
Novice

Re: What happens when STR is reduced to 0?

Postby miyuka on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:42 am

it would affect your rolls. 0 str would of course reduce your ability to wield weapons properly. No you wouldn't have to take off your armour or any such thing. IT's more RP fluff than dice mechanics.
miyuka

Return to Rules and Gameplay