Promotions Should Come with More Money

Questions and suggestions about the rules of the roleplay and how things work

Moderators: L`aquera, Stormbringer, Ehlanna, lyllamarie

Promotions Should Come with More Money

Postby CallieO on Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:46 pm

Recently, Tennibrook Balmossie accomplished a long-term goal of mine since making the character, and gained a position of very high prestige, becoming the Warmaster of House Dethsiris.

However, because of the way the game's payroll system is laid out, the added responsibilities don't come with any concomitant increase in salary. And, in fact, there is literally no way for me to make more money per month than I'm doing unless I become a noble. I'm okay with that; I'm doing fine, but... that doesn't seem fair. That's not how it is in real life.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Promotions Should Come with More Money

Postby Shiho on Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:02 am

Certain promotions will come with the bonus pay for assistant manager or manager, so in that there is a reward for taking on new responsibilities, but which positions get that will be up to the store owner or noble.
For most promotions it will just be the prestige of the new position and are things not meant to resemble real life.

But I do understand what you mean, as hard working my chars are, they will never get a better income unless I end up murdering a few superiors (and even then they will just be rezzed back)
Shiho
Predominate
Predominate

Postby CallieO on Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:13 pm

While we're on the topic of more money for more work, I think the restriction that you can only get paid for working 8 hours in a week should be lifted. Tennibrook worked 7 hours two weeks ago, 11 hours last week, and has so far worked 23 1/2 hours this week with five days left to go before the end of the month. And she's basically working those hours for free.

I'm having fun, especially with the current storyline in House Dethsiris that I'm overseeing, but I'm not making any additional money.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby miyuka on Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:48 pm

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be limiting in how much money you can make, also I thought the hours were ultimately monthly? like the most you ca get paid for is 32 hours in a month plus the flat amount for your masteries up to 150. Also I'm not sure if comparing this to real life is the best argument considering this is a fantasy RP. IF that's the case most shops would have like one or three employee given that a lot of us don't put in the hours that often and would be oh so fired.

Anywho getting back to the main topic at hand, what are you proposing? Perhaps assistant manager and Manager gain some manner of increase? How so? Perhaps some extra added on to the monthly total at the end? hours+mastery+assitant/manager=total pay?
miyuka

Postby Shiho on Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:55 pm

I am not sure how official it is, but Tawny has always cared more about the max 32 hours a month than about the 8 hours a week for the monthly payments

Managers and assistant managers already get a bonus pay for the first four hours a month so 'hours+mastery+assitant/manager=total pay' is the case :)
Shiho
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:01 pm

Shiho is right. I look for the monthly amount of hours not being over 32 and assistant managers and managers get a bonus to their pay being the first four hours they work per month. Tho some seem to think they should get that bonus if they only work 1 hour. They are not suppose to get the bonus until they work at least four hours. I will pay the bonus on 3 1/2 but the one hour I get the bonus pay isn't going to work. It seems working 32 hours a month isn't hard since some player claim this every month and some on more than one char. If you work for a noble and they wish to hand out a bonus on a promotion then it needs to come from them personally. That being said I do think that noble houses should be allowed more than one Manager and one assistant Manager type postions since they have at the least two to run the house and two to run the military part. I can and am will to do a write up and send it to SB and L and see about such things being allowed. But the idea behind the payroll changes was to stop the game being flooded with money so please keep that in mind.
Tawny

Postby CallieO on Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:10 am

How is bonus money for managers calculated?
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:58 pm

Mangers earn 340 mhl for the first 4 hours they work and then normal hourly for every hour past the first four.
Assistant manager make 280 for the first four hours then normal hourly wage past that. This is paid once a month per position. So if a Manager works 10 hours a month they would be paid 340 first four hours+ 120 for the next 6 hours at 20 per hour+ up to three mastered skills so lets say 150 skills.. equally 610. now if the manager only worked 2 hours they dont get the bonus and only make hourly. so it would be 40+150 for skills equally 190. Only difference is if they work for ISA or REB or IG. Those workers make 30 per hour. If you need it explained any more please catch me when I am in the ooc room and I can help you that way.
Tawny

Postby L`aquera on Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:35 pm

Right now, I'm heavily thinking to go back to the old payroll system. The OOC room was mostly 'for' this and I'm of the mind to enact it. But you'll know ahead of time, no sudden "OK TODAYS THE DAY!" heh. Managers in charge of Payroll for each Shop/Noble House, will have some days to prepare and start adding. I believe Deth already has their system in place and I've sorta used them as the Guinee pig to see how its working. Also, keep in mind that this system isn't to be milked. If you're on the payroll but never working, you'll be removed from said payroll. That IS part of my job in handling the Payroll system and I do take it very seriously. I won't be breathing down anyones neck, just here and there I'll be checking and watching. Its been abused this way before and I'd rather not watch anyones hard work go down the tubes again.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Return to Rules and Gameplay