The Shadow's Fall - Alyssa and Dante

News about the Bard's Journal and a place to post logs for processing

Moderator: Tehya

The Shadow's Fall - Alyssa and Dante

Postby Dante_Ambrogio on Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:47 pm

This is the LoA writeup for Alyssa`Shadowfall and Dante Ambrogio to explain their extended absence and their activities during said absence.

Posted in this Forum at the recommendation of Callie

18 August 2021
02:15
Dante Ambrogio
Dante waited til nightfall before visiting Alyssa in her cell, ensuring that the drugs he had ordered were in her food and water rations for the day had had more than enough to take full effect; he swept into the Dethsiris dungeons with his cloak close about himself, an air of urgency surrounding him

02:17
Alyssa`Shadowfall
He found a cat bat sitting on her pad the food in a corner totally untouched when he swept in she lofted a brow and looked up

02:21
Dante Ambrogio
Merely chuckled when he approached “well; I’m glad to see that you are as smart as I thought you were; besides the drugs weren’t truly for you. If you look through your cell here you’ll notice that the guards have quite thoroughly succumbed”

02:26
Alyssa`Shadowfall
Mmm *she looked a little bored and let out a tiny sigh * you won't get anything out of me

02:30
Dante Ambrogio
He surveyed her for a moment before unlocking her cell and handing her a set of traveling clothes that while rough were well made and decently good quality.

“Mmm, perhaps not but I figure that a cell and treatment as a prisoner is the last way that you will give anything, including your name. So; I am going to take you instead to my retreat as my guest and we are going to do things more properly.”

He bowed, keeping his nose just high enough that he could watch her with a wary eye.

“I am Dante Ambrogio; and while I am not from these lands I have come to them to try and find a place to call home and have a pack that I can call my own”

02:37
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she watched him fingers itch to use magic on him and she pondered it but for some reason she didn't want to kill him but she didn't wish to go with him, so she got the clothing put it on then try her least lethal but still very dangerous spell arctic blast but only on slot

02:47
Dante Ambrogio
*he hunkered beneath his cloak, wrapping it around his shoulder and shielding his face but digging his feet in and standing his ground firmly, he gave a low and deep growl of warning but also pain as the spell hit, feeling every moment of it but refusing to be bowed and fought back against it with sheer willpower until the pain had stopped and feeling returned to the arm he had wrapped in the cloak to shield his face; when he finally lowered the cloak again he was panting slightly through a grimace and his free hand rested on his kopis and for the first time she could see that he wore a wrist crossbow that was loaded with a mithril tipped bolt

“I am going to ask politely; and I am only going to do so once, that you refrain from doing that again...” he punctuated his words with a soft but fierce snarl “…I am attempting to treat you with some civility as would befit you if you were a prisoner in my homeland, but I can most certainly do it in another way altogether if you would like.”

02:55
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she growled back* i have no wish to go anywhere with you wolven.... *she opened her wings alittle tail snaked back and forth as she stanced wide and low claws open handed and waited*

03:16
Dante Ambrogio
*he stood to his full nearly 7 foot height, fully filling the doorway and let his teeth show as he lifted his lips in a snarl and loosened the kopis slightly*

“You may not want to but you have two choices; you come with me and be civil or I have orders to dispatch you as you are using valuable resources that we are running short of here. Supply lines are slim, and my patience ended when you turned civility into an assault”

His eyes turned crimson, glowing in the darkness as his form now blocked the torchlight that had been entering the cell previously.

03:20
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*he threatened her and her temper war thin as she growled back and the temperature in the room plummeted going for balmy 70 to more like 40 in seconds * try me wolf

03:24
Dante Ambrogio
*he leapt across the room and threw her into the wall a flash of claws and steel the only thing able to be seen as his next movement flowed into the first and she found herself held against the wall with the blade of that kopis wrapped around her belly and the claws of his other hand pressed against the sides of her tender neck, just behind her larynx, painfully. When he spoke, it was primal and feral.

“You may be strong; but you do not know your opponent here cat!”

03:31
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*grunted as wings flatten to the wall o. Hand down pinned by handle of his weapon, she grunt a few what sounded like nonsense tho her other hand touched his side nowhere vital below ribs he felt a shooting sharp and utterly cold as those normally deep blue eyes turned an icy blue she had stabbed him with an ice spike

03:36
Dante Ambrogio
The spike of pain earned her only a nasty gash up one side and through the bottom of one wing, luckily the blade of the kopis also missed vitals as in his shock his grip slipped slightly. As he attempted to recover, he snarled and heaved in a great couple of breaths and shoulder checked her to the floor, ending up entirely on top of her, the injured wing crumpled slightly beneath her while he straddled her in a combatives control position.

“Enough!” Was the only word he growled, and his eyes once again flashed crimson and then slowly he brought himself back to some form of senses before he grabbed her wrists and pinned them to the floor next to her head.

03:41
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*that scream of pain as the blade cleaved wing membrane was horrible then the shoulder check he found after her wing crumpled, she lies still though he heard rasping choked sounds as the pain made her vomit, he would likely need to roll her

03:44
Dante Ambrogio
*he warily rolled her once there was a break in the vomiting, and she gagged and retched once more but had passed out. Nonetheless he kept careful watch to ensure that there was no trickery afoot.

He surveyed her with an appraising eye, looking to identify exactly what had gone on in the last few seconds while there had been pain blurring his mind*

14:16
Alyssa`Shadowfall
When he was ready to move her, he found 3 broken ribs on right side as well as a slice up that side that was bleeding and that slice ran up in to the wing membrane of right wing the join at her back had dislocated too

16:03
Dante Ambrogio
*he swore loudly, growling in his native tongue when he saw the damage and lifted her carefully, ensuring that he supported her neck against his shoulder.

He rushed her to a waiting wagon and laid her out in it then pulled a medical kit out of a satchel that he had preloaded and after surveying the wounds he rummaged through the bags around them, pulling out a pair of books that had previously been in her belongings, he opened up one of them to a diagram of basic stitches and then carefully stitched the wounds back together and applied a salve to keep the wound from drying out completely.

Once that was done he ensured she would be comfortable and then shackled one of her arms and an ankle to the side wall of the wagon to ensure she couldn’t just jump out and then climbed into the driver’s seat and headed north-east towards Valencia and an unknown (at least to her) destination.

16:15
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she slept the whole ride it took him even with portals around 3 days when he arrived, she groaned like she was in pain it would be better if she didn't wake... then again when he got to her, she was running a fever

16:55
Dante Ambrogio
*he brewed some feverfew and ginger tea and managed to get her to drink it, whether she came to semi-consciousness or not and then continued on into the mountains until he pulled up outside a small cabin that had a decent view of a deep valley that was cut through with a wide river but there were little signs of civilization for leagues.

17:00
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*that tea helped but she got no more than semi-conscious and started to babble incoherently asking where arothiel was but not answering any questions
17:09
Dante Ambrogio
*Dante made note of the name Arothiel in a small black leather bound journal that he kept on the backside of his belt and after checking her over and reapplying some more salve to the stitched wounds he moved her into the cabin, setting her carefully in one of the beds and tucking her gently under the sheets before shackling her ankle to a sturdy ring set into the floor; she would have just enough room to move about the bedroom but not much further and the window had thick bars set in it already.

After ensuring her comfort he closed the door and locked it from the outside with a heavy padlock as well as its own inbuilt locking mechanism.

17:22
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she tossed and turned though over the coming days he had to give the fever reducer she was easy to feed but more often she called him rothie and whispered fond things

17:28
Dante Ambrogio
*he merely made note of everything, tending to her as he would someone he cared genuinely for and part of each day he spent in the woods around the cabin setting snares and hunting small game to ensure that she had a steady diet of hearty stews to fortify her for whatever sickness she had caught to go along with the fever reducer and other herbal teas that he brewed throughout the day to help her recover.

He continued this, and tending to her wounds each day, removing and redoing stitches to ensure that the scars would be minimal as the guide in her book mentioned. Around the third day in the cabin, he eased her onto her side and fingered around the base of her injured wing which until this point he had just been cushioning, not wanting to further tear the wound open until now.

17:40
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she merely told him about breeding horses as it was on of here more favored subjects and things reminded him to clean his blade then as he was rolling her, she asked "where is luciorus silly bird concubine is missing

17:50
Dante Ambrogio
*He continued to add everything to his journal; making an extra notation next to the horse breeding.

Once he was done writing he continued to feel the base of the wing and once he had assessed the damage, he placed one hand firmly at the base of it and then grabbed the wing gently with his other and reset the bones with a sharp and audible snapping sound

17:58
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*it was more of a pop as the joint reseated, she let out a whimpered grunt and "lucio.... that hurts it’s too much stop"

18:01
Dante Ambrogio
*he ensured it was reseated properly and then leaned down to whisper “the pain is only momentary, now your wing will heal properly so long as you don’t overtax it in your sleep”

Once that was done, he tested her rib cage to see how bad the damage there was and if it needed immediate attention

18:07
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*it was not so bad only tender she groaned softly and shifted a little one hand gripping one of his ears then stroking unsurely before it fell away
18:14
Dante Ambrogio

*his ear twitched a bit at the stroke and he leaned a little bit into it for a moment.

Once her hand fell away he had to shake his head to clear the shock from the more gentle and unexpected touch and he very carefully lifted her top to wrap the broken ribs in a length of fabric; just tight enough to help reduce any swelling but not so much to cause a lot of discomfort.

After that he brought a pitcher of freshly squeezed orange juice and set it on the side table by the bed before he left to brew some more tea, locking the door again though for some reason he felt that it may not be necessary for much longer

18:29
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*fell into an uneasy sleep though she woke slightly and was able to drink a bit for him not seeming to know what was happening

19:03
Dante Ambrogio
*After about four hours he brought back another tea as well as venison and rabbit stew to help with fever though this time he had added chamomile, lavender and Arctic Rose to help promote calm and peaceful rest and better healing and he had sweetened it slightly with some honey that he had harvested from a nearby beehive he had discovered while gathering herbs and hunting.

When he brought the tea he sat in the empty armchair near the door after getting her to drink some tea and eat and he retrieved a book he had brought from his homeland and though he spoke in his native tongue and knew that she likely wouldn’t understand he read one of the children’s tales out of it for a bit until he was sure that she would rest easier for the night.

19:12
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she let him feed her and she drank... then when he laid her back down, she seemed to listen but as he watch the sweat on her froze on her skin then melted and froze again as the fever and her magic warned she whimpered and arched

19:23
Dante Ambrogio
*he came back to her side and pressed her gently back into the bed, holding her carefully and using a bit of his cloak to wipe away the sweat when it had a moment of being liquid again

19:28
Alyssa`Shadowfall
After long moments and gentle tending, she was left fever less and she curled against him ... she was cold it felt like but that chill against velvet fur and flesh didn't bother her, but she was asleep and firmly so

23:44
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*about a week later she twisted and yelped in the bed as she had tugged the stitches in her side and barked her ankle on the chain

23:47
Dante Ambrogio
When she yelpeded he looked up from the book that he had been reading; peering over the pages and glanced to the closed door before setting the book down and carefully moving to check her stitches and see that none had torn open.
19 August 2021
00:17
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she grunted and gave a little whine * oww *she tried to move under him

00:20
Dante Ambrogio
*he found none torn but they were tight so he gently but firmly pressed her against the bed and pulled the herbal salve off the bedside table

“If you are still, I can put more salve that will reduce the pain and discomfort” he said softly, nearly whispering. He knew that she was beginning to awaken and did not wish to have to restrain her in any way as he had gotten used to the quiet routine of tending to her wounds and making food then bringing it to her and reading from his book each night.

00:25
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*quieted mostly but the cold writhed around him* mm? Wh-who?* she turned her head over that last week she had asked about vayne... her stallion and told him her name

00:30
Dante Ambrogio
*he was quiet for a moment before he answered, just as quietly as he had spoken before even as he began to very gently massage salve into the wound around the stitches.

“Well, I am not who you have been dreaming about Alyssa; but I am not going to harm you.

I have no interest in doing so; if I am honest I am not entirely sure where my interests lie at the moment other than ensuring that your wounds heal properly”

00:36
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*head turned and she pondered him and the fact that he didn't seem to know what he wanted she would roll and use her arm and leg to pull him down but not violently she settled and murmured "I wanna know what you want" voice husky

00:45
Dante Ambrogio
*through his surprise he growled but this growl was something entirely different, no less fierce but instead of warning it told of other things that he had been burying and she could feel his heart rate increase as she pulled him close.

If she watched closely his eyes flashed crimson momentarily before they flashed a deep amethyst and then settled into a slightly lighter shade of purple

“I….I don’t know….. I have….had a mission but I do not know you…. I do not understand e…enough to know if you would fit….”

00:47
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she watched him * i have a job so If I would fit no I wouldn't * It had been many weeks since he had caught her and healed her and helped her, there was no telling whether she actually had a job or not anymore

00:50
Dante Ambrogio
“Hmmmm…. When I found you…. You were troubled….” He lifted his gaze to her own and while he had regained some composure, she could see that he had grown some form of fondness during the previous few weeks.

“I brought you up into these mountains with the intent to extract information originally…. But that was before you were injured. We are in an area that has not been well explored…. I found this cabin while I was on a hunt shortly after coming to this land.”

01:12
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*nods slightly* information is not likely to be something you get I was troubled because my mate was taking risks

01:19
Dante Ambrogio
*he finished applying salve and shifted himself if she let him*

“Yes…. I gathered that from your cries for him while you were fevered…. I cannot do much in the way of assuring you about Arothiel though Vayne is here with us”

01:33
Alyssa`Shadowfall
Blinked and blushed she eyed him * how long has it been? *she wondered*

01:34
Dante Ambrogio
*he ran some calculations in his head and then looked at her before answering*

“Three, perhaps nearly four months

01:43
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*one hand tightened on him and she looked unsure * oh....oh no *she sudden shove him into the floor try to run to the door and tripped on the chain

01:52
Dante Ambrogio
*he leapt in front of her, throwing himself on the ground to cushion her and prevent her from damaging her still healing ribs over again

01:54
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*blinked at him * I need to go....

01:58
Dante Ambrogio
*he helped her back to her feet and once she was stable on them looked up as he himself stood and raised a brow

“Go…. I… do not understa....” and then it clicked…. She had briefly mentioned something in her feverstate but he had nearly forgotten as it had been quite some time.

“Oh... That…”

02:02
Alyssa`Shadowfall
I missed my own wedding*she whimpered though he still likely needed her to stay she was looking healthier for being here * also I was troubled by the heat of that land

02:14
Dante Ambrogio
*he very nearly scoffed but stopped himself*

“You do not often speak all that favorably of being a bride…. At least that is what I assume you speak of when you say a certain white wolven can go to the hells.”
02:17

Alyssa`Shadowfall
*pondered his word * it was less being a bride and more the white bitch who tried often to ruin it
02:18
Dante Ambrogio

*he listened but did not say anything for a long stretch “this is hardly my area of expertise but how did she try to ruin it?”

02:20
Alyssa`Shadowfall
Telling me to behave like a lady and trying to choose where when what I wear what I eat .... I am over her she near got arothiel killed

02:25
Dante Ambrogio
“Ah…. I see…. I would say that she is a steward of some kind; or at least that she sees herself in that role even if she has not earned such a title….” He paused, pondering for a moment.

“You are not in the best condition for traveling so I would not advise it; and in my land…. In my clan especially this wolven would have lost her life if she could not defend the post she has chosen to act as; of course…. Even if she could there are those who move in the shadows always and those like her tend to make enemies” he chuckled deep in his throat, a small glint in his eyes as he lightly prodded at her with the comment, knowing that she may take it in good nature

02:28
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*muttered and tried to stand but she had run right through the energy she had and sagged into his arms

02:30
Dante Ambrogio
*caught her in a sturdy grip, supporting her and half-carrying her back to the bed*

“You are strong you know; a weaker being would have succumbed to the fever you caught long before they even had a chance to fight it off. Are you hungry?”

02:32
Alyssa`Shadowfall
Noo... just tired *she smiled at the praise though*

22:22
Dante Ambrogio
"then I should let you rest, I will be nearby should I be needed; I think though that since you have awakened you are through the worst and it is now just a matter of letting your wounds heal properly; I have done my best to care for them but I have never had formal training... I have been using one of your books to guide my work"

23:40
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*smiled a little * lie with me I have been lonely... and maybe I’ll teach you more

20 August 2021
01:31
Dante Ambrogio
*he was hesitant for a moment, remembering the spike of ice and his own wounds but he knew that if she was going to cause harm, she could do it regardless of his precautions, so he decided to secede to her request. “For a while I can; at least until it is time to prepare the next meal.”

*he approached the bed and sat beside her, taking a moment to strip his cloak and hang it from one of the bedposts before he gently placed a hand on one of her arms, noticing that her skin was still cool to the touch. He made a small sound of interest as he looked at her.

02:52
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*looked up at touch and sound* it is the price I gave for ice magic I am weak to heat.... and I am always chilled to the touch... I am only ever warmish on the inside

02:54
Dante Ambrogio
*he simply nodded, lifting her hand, and placing it in the fur of his shoulder under the linen shirt that he wore mostly open to allow air to flow*

“I have studied the arcane, so I suspected as much. I have noticed it before to an extent but now that you are awake it is somewhat more profound.”

02:57
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she stroked that fur there was a very odd scar above left breast it looked like a star shaped burn scar* if i am mad or upset it gets worse

03:01
Dante Ambrogio
“I can only imagine that it does” he nodded toward the scar above her breast to indicate it. “That one looks like a byproduct of magic as well if my studies were any sort of accurate…”

03:05
Alyssa`Shadowfall
Air mage trying to get info he nearly killed me *cuddles and yawns blinking owlishly

03:07
Dante Ambrogio
“Hmmmm… I see.” He shifted to allow her to rest against his chest, leaning against the headboard and pillows and muttering softly “foolish mage….”

03:09
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*gave only a snicker then drifted to a sleeping state

11:25
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*in the morning her tail twitched and squirmed against his side, and she groaned in her sleep hands fisting on his shirt as the air around them dropped 10 degrees

11:28
Dante Ambrogio
*he stirred a bit, the hand that had settled on her back moving slightly in a calming motion as he began to rouse though he seemed unphased by the chilling air, as he roused his voice came softly and comfortingly “you are safe; there is no harm to be found here”

11:30
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she grumbled and shifted but as he rubbed she growled softly before jerking awake * huh? * this sound no more than a very dry croaked whisper

11:34
Dante Ambrogio
*he shifted enough so that he could grab the pitcher and pour some of the juice that he had brought the previous night into a glass; bringing the glass and pressing it against her hand before he spoke his voice soft

“Here, this will help your throat… it’s honeyed slightly.”

He was mostly still; waiting for her to regain her faculties before he began to really move in any particular direction

11:37
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*large ears tickled his chin as she listened that glass held then she sipped a little noisily at it.. draining it before lying her head on his chest mostly to remind herself what was real

11:38
Dante Ambrogio
*he was careful but gently stroked his hand through the fur along the back of her neck and shoulders to help calm her.
“Bad dream?”

11:42
Alyssa`Shadowfall
Purred tentatively * always I have them

11:44
Dante Ambrogio
*nodded and continued his action but pulled her a bit close in an embrace of sorts.

“I am sorry, dreams like that haunt those who do what must be done despite being a good person… I have my own share

12:30
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*nodded and relaxed* so now what

18:37
Dante Ambrogio
“Well, to be honest I do not think that I necessarily need the shackles that restrain you…. If you meant harm I think you would have done it sometime in the night.”

He looked at her for a moment his gaze not nearly as hard as it had been when they had first met.

“I am going to release you, and you can choose what next I suppose…. You gave enough information in your fever state that is technically valuable enough that my original mission goals are satisfied; anything beyond that is a bonus at this point”

18:59
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*blinked looked down her body to the shackled leg and nodded... * I suppose but something tells me you need context

19:01
Dante Ambrogio
“Well, context is always appreciated” he chuckled as he produced the key from a pouch hidden on the underside of his belt and then unlocked the shackle, softly caressing her ankle to ensure that the shackle had not bitten into it.
16 September 2021
21:49
Alyssa`Shadowfall
Arothiel... is... was my mate I believe I may have missed my own wedding it seems to be past mid-summer.
*her illness likely exasperated by the heat would have lasted longer *

Vayne is the stallion outside and I did work at Virelith as the horse master breeding a horse more nimble on ice and snow and able to not worry so much of the cold I was south checking up on Dethsiris because of the other ports and things

21:54
Dante Ambrogio
He was quiet for a moment though this time he did not pull the small journal from under his belt. Instead he merely considered everything.

“Well; your stallion is certainly of fine breeding and he and I have at least come to an accord of peace as I have ensured he gets excellent feeding on the daily as well as exercise.

I am sorry that you have missed your wedding; though if I may speak in truth something tells me that you are not necessarily entirely upset by this….”

He paused, his amethyst eyes searching her face for a long moment; a moment filled with uncertainty for him.

22:05
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she pondered all this relaxing at the face that that large Arabian like horse had been well cared for ... then stiffened a bit*

I love him, but he never came looking for me I wonder if he even searched

22:11
Dante Ambrogio
“I have only had limited contact with those I work with since bringing you here but the reports that I have gotten have not mentioned any that fit the description I’ve pieced together of Arothiel…. I certainly have not had anyone come within several leagues of this cabin searching for you”

His eyes kept searching; his face pensive but she could tell that he was in part searching within himself for something as well

23:08
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she looked hurt, even wounded for a brief moment before she bottled it behind a mask of cold, she went silent*

23:13
Dante Ambrogio
He touched her arm and turned his gaze to the window his hand motioning the same direction. If she followed the gentle prod she would be able to see the back of the house where there was an easel set up; a half done painting on it that was her standing beside what was clearly a captured moment of Vayne standing against an incoming storm in the distance; her own piercing gaze would have been the single thing done with almost perfect details for the painting.

23:16
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*looked at it face softening slightly but not all the way * I don't remember standing for that... then again, I have trouble remembering the last few months

23:20
Dante Ambrogio
*he smiled* “you didn’t stand for it; but I’ve spent many long days tending to you and somehow it feels fitting…. Especially with certain things….” He paused for a moment and lightly touched her hand “…well…. It seems that even as hardened as I would like to imagine myself, I am not immune to the effects of tending to someone for many months”

23:46
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*her head tilted the cold around her had deepened but she wasn't mad at him she sighed * I don't know what to do

23:50
Dante Ambrogio
“How about for now we focus on ensuring you regain your strength... Perhaps you and I get to know each other better here; away from everyone else…. and then after you have had time to recover from the traumas of everything… including the fact that nobody searched for you we can discuss finding you a new start where you might just be able to have a clean slate?”

His tone was steady and stable though his voice was tender and everything he said while touched with a hint of hope was mostly simple pragmatism.

23:55
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*nodded a little * I need the time I think though I should at some point see if I still have a job

17 September 2021
00:01
Dante Ambrogio
*nodded with a small smile* I imagine so; but for the present I should get that shackle removed and make some breakfast…. What is your preference for a semi-early meal?

00:03
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*pondered as he unlocked the shackle and whispered, “I have a love for fish though I also like eggs”

00:05
Dante Ambrogio
“Seems I chose the perfect place then; you can have both. Fresh eggs and I brought a brace of fish in last night that are on ice” he grinned eyes sparkling a little as he made the comment

00:13
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*smiled but only slightly * that sounds nice she stretched and rubbed her leg a little tail flicking

00:20
Dante Ambrogio
He stepped into the kitchen and brought back a small jar of salve. “This is what I have been using for your more minor wounds…. I think it should work for any chafing from the shackle. I used your notes to craft it”

After leaving it he stepped back out and went to work on breakfast, charbroiling the fish with fresh picked herbs and frying the eggs over-easy and sliding them onto simple stoneware plates.

01:53
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*rubbed some of the salve on to her leg she relaxed on the bed for now

1 October 2021
22:01
Dante Ambrogio
*Once the food was finished, he peeked his head in the door and called to her.

“If you’d like; it’s a semi nice morning and there’s a table out by Vayne” he invited with a warm smile.

22:23
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*nodded she was dressed and walked toward him bare foot she would offer to help carry the food and wheaten or not he let her she followed
22:28
Dante Ambrogio
*happily offered her some of the lighter accoutrements of the meal; taking the heaviest things himself and then he led the way out the back door to a small table and chairs set up under a tree that had a nice view both of the ocean as well as to the south*

22:31
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she set the things she had on the table and settled into her chair before that stallion wondered up and whiffled her hair

23:24
Dante Ambrogio
*watched curiously as he set everything out so that they could both reach the meal easily and then situated himself so as to look both at and beyond her*

“It is clear you raised him well”
2 October 2021
00:30
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*from a foal in my lands in the south I brought him here with me

01:53
Dante Ambrogio
I see, he is a stout stallion and clearly intelligent. If I did not prefer my own feet, I would gladly ask you to breed one someday…. If indeed there is to be a someday between us.

02:04
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*pondered this * I have mares and such at Virelith so I could do more breeding... *she looked off into the distance before eating

02:18
Dante Ambrogio
*he selected his choices for eating and poured them both a light honeyed mead looking out over the vales to the south for a moment in thought*

“It is possible that I may be able to find you someplace else to serve… I am far from the ruler of the lands I work in but the one who does rule seems to at least respect my opinion when I offer it….” He paused for a long moment before he decided to add his second thought “…it would also be a place that you could live away from the memories of everything you have known before; a fresh start of sorts perhaps?”

02:35
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she was eating in silence as she thought about it for long, long moments *

Maybe ... I will have to investigate my old job too

02:41
Dante Ambrogio
“Naturally; if you would like a companion to go with you when you do…. In case things go awry I will happily join you on the journey”

02:50
Alyssa`Shadowfall
Maybe... we will see what all happens
18 December 2021
23:51
Dante Ambrogio
-a few days later-

*he was grooming Vayne in the early morning while she still slept though he was alert for any sounds from her to indicate that she might be awakening as his whirling thoughts had called him to being awake earlier than he had planned and he had slipped out of the bed beside her trying to let her rest and recover further*

23:56
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*she slept for about an hour more before one of those night terror happened and ice erupted from the window of the room along with a scream
19 December 2021
00:32
Dante Ambrogio
*in pure reaction he spun and drew steel; unsure what had caused the sound. He kept his hand on Vayne to ensure he didn’t spook and as soon as he was sure it was safe, he bolted into the house to check on her; coming into the room quietly and prepared to have to fight to calm her down*

00:45
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*the horse use to his mistress only gave a soft snort and gave the house a withering look ,, he found her huddled in a corner one of the only areas not covered in ice growling softly

01:01
Dante Ambrogio
*he called out to her softly as he carefully approached; one arm extended toward her as he kept his movements slow and steady*

“Alyssa… you are still safe with me here; you and Vayne both… it is alright… I am right here…”

With each word he took a step closer until he could reach out and touch her shoulder

01:09
Alyssa`Shadowfall
* the moment he touched her ice briefly crept up his arm before she passed out, collapsing into his arms*

01:14
Dante Ambrogio
*he simply adjusted her and then sat beside her before sliding her so that she was nestled with her head against his chest comfortably as he slid to make himself comfortable and rock gently while brushing through her hair lightly with one hand*

01:33
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*cuddled against him almost automatically and groan as she stirred

“Head hurts... maybe you should make tea”

She looked around and sighed using magic to more gently move ice out the window till the room was damp but normal

01:41
Dante Ambrogio
*noting her sigh he squeezed her in a gentle hug*

“The ice doesn’t worry me; it’s just a part of caring for you…” he paused and decided to take a risk and leaned in to place a gentle and delicate kiss upon her brow before leaning back to look at her.

“What kind of tea do you prefer to help calm and relieve your headaches?”

01:44
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*lofts a brow at him as ears tickle his nose

Willow bark and chamomile works well but it needs honey willow bark is bitter but helps pain

01:52
Dante Ambrogio
*he nodded and held her for a moment longer before embracing her warmly and looking toward the kitchen.

“I should get the tea started so that we can treat your headache, no matter how much I enjoy my current position” he said with a slight chuckle
01:59
Alyssa`Shadowfall
She cuddled a bit and then nods and then if he gets up, she follows him into the kitchen
26 December 2021
20:51
Dante Ambrogio
*he took some time to enjoy the moment but did get up and walk into the kitchen to prepare the tea; while the water heated, he glanced out into the garden where there were some berries that were newly ripe*

“Hmmm; the berries out there seem to have responded well to your panic”

21:04
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*frowned and eyed them * I suppose that’s good

*she sat at the table and rubbed her temples*

21:35
Dante Ambrogio
“it just proves that despite what you seem to have been told you are capable of good even while in a state where you cannot easily control the powers you have; in honesty I think that it is something that can be turned to beneficial purposes”

He stepped out from behind the counter and stepped to her kneeling beside her and taking her hand into his own.

“You are not a monster, in fact you have done those berries a service by allowing them to become ripe by simulating a cold snap for them” he kissed her hand and then stepped away, snatching up a small basket as he walked into the back garden of the cabin and when he came back a few moments later he had picked a few handfuls of now ripe berries that smelled sweet and juicy.

21:42
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*watched him she didn't pull away only watching him go pick berries and pondered life *

I wonder if rothie will have waited or if he found someone else

Dante Ambrogio
He was silent for a long span of moments; wondering if he should speak his thoughts on the matter and she could see his choice in his posture once he decided to as his posture first softened in a hint of unsurety and perhaps even fear but then he steeled himself

“From what you have told me about the life you had before…. I would not be surprised if he moved on with only a passing thought; perhaps even with a thought of spite toward you. In truth it seems as though
while you had a few that you truly liked you were surrounded by those who were not generally that kind to you.”

22:01
Alyssa`Shadowfall
*looked to him * maybe but we will see when you are ready to find out you should get ready to go back into public

22:30
Dante Ambrogio
“I dislike the constrictions of civilization, but you are probably right…. We should prepare to return; to one place or another though I suppose that it begs the question of what your plans are upon return from the wilds as it’s a fairly substantial journey still and our window for departing from here is closing before we are stuck here for the upcoming season”

*his gaze was on her face the question that was unspoken simple in his eyes*

22:47
Alyssa`Shadowfall
Soon then and likely to see if I have a job if not to collect my things and figure out what is next
Loves bite is eternal, welcome or otherwise. Once bitten it twines with your very soul and can never be forgotten

Player of: Dante Ambrogio, Victus Ambrogio|Naut|, Kat`ryn Quel`dalre, Elizabeth Graesyn, Vex Windstrider, Valithren Caradoc, Daelmaron Fyresong, Morgran Fireforge, Feindhara Ingolfr, Gashan Nakajima,
Dante_Ambrogio
Expert
Expert

Return to Bard's Journal