IoP's and Level 20

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

IoP's and Level 20

Postby Stormbringer on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Contrary to popular opinion, the High Council doesn't just sit around all day drinking beer and whipping cat girls. We do do other things occasionally too!

Sometimes we even think about the game and ways to improve it. That happened only recently when L` brought up the topic of Special Items. So we put aside the beer and cat girls and wound up our brains and thunk for ages... well, at least ten minutes before withdrawal set in. Here is the first result of that.

- Some of you will have noticed, or will soon notice that you no longer have a block on reaching level 20. Ehlanna has waved her magic wand. With immediate effect, there is no longer any requirement to do a quest in order to achieve that level.

- Alongside that, there is no longer an automatic issuing of an IoP at that level. So you don't need to do a quest but you also don't get that benefit from it.

- IoP's will still be available to anyone who was running or who wants to run their level 20 quest.

- IoP's will also be available to anyone of any level at any time who wants to run
- - the equivalent of a level 20 quest
- - an event that equals the amount of work needed to run a level 20 quest *
- - a tournament (combat, sex or bardic) in the Arena that equals the amount of work needed to run a level 20 quest **

* excludes shop managers running events for their shops
** excludes arena employees

- the total number of IoP's that can be held by a character is increased to five

- in place of an IoP any of the above can be rewarded with two bonus levels

- there is no limit on the numbers of qualifying r/p specials that can be run by any player/character

- anyone who has qualified for an IoP at level 20 but who has not yet received it can change this to a request for two levels instead

- anyone who ran a level 20 quest but who didn't want an IoP can now ask for two levels instead

- all quests and events must be approved by the Quests Group, who will provide assistance as required. All Arena tournaments and events can be planned with help from the Arena staff but should also get a nod from the QG too.

Back to the cat girls! But be aware we are also thinking about higher level Special Items and ways to improve them.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Re: IoP's and Level 20

Postby L`aquera on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:51 pm

Anyone who is in the Process of a quest can come talk to me about what has been mentioned above if you are doing your level 20 quest now. I'd prefer you of course DO the quest, but that still should apply to you. Also.. Umm No cat girls for me. :D
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Aeria Nighthawk on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:10 pm

The total number of IoP's a character can hold has increased to 5? Are you saying that characters can now have multiple IoPs? I thought, and please correct me if I am wrong, the previous limit was 2 mIoPs, 1 IoP, 1 relic, 1 LI and 1 wonder (supposing you reach that extreme of level). Just looking for some clarification.
Aeria Nighthawk
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Stormbringer on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:15 pm

the total number of IoP's that can be held by a character is increased to five

Characters have always been able to hold an extra one for special services to the game. This is the new total limit.
--------------

(John Keats)
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Miss Magical on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:27 pm

With regards to the two-level bonus thingie, do those count as an IoP slot, ie can you have 3 IoPs with 2 level advancements and no more of either?
Never robust as a melody, only a broken chord to sing.
Miss Magical
Adept
Adept

Postby L`aquera on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:47 pm

- anyone who ran a level 20 quest but who didn't want an IoP can now ask for two levels instead That help? If you ran a level quest but didn't want an IoP, you can if you wish, gain two levels, taking you from 19 to 21. If you did not run a quest, doesn't automatically 'get' an IoP nor do you get the level extra. :D
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Tehya on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:18 pm

So I assume if I ran a quest at level 20 which I did, still have the doc. file, and never asked for one I can now? Rather than taking the 2 levels?

Tehya
Tehya

Postby Stormbringer on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:23 pm

There is no limit on the number of times you can run a qualifying special roleplay and gain two levels. They have no effect upon the number of IoPs held at all. If all your IoP slots are filled (ie you have five IoPs) then the levels are the only reward available.

Anyone who ran a level 20 quest and didn't take the reward can still request either an IoP or the levels for it. No other quests or events will be backdated.
--------------

(John Keats)
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Almondus on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:23 pm

While I ran the tournament this past Sunday without any expectation for getting anything in return for it but a few smiles, I'll admit that the idea of having another IoP is rather fun. Is it possable to get credit for that event, or is it a hard cap on events from this point on?
Almondus
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Stormbringer on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:35 pm

No other quests or events will be backdated.
--------------

(John Keats)
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby L`aquera on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:22 pm

I 'usually' give out a fair amount of Xp irregardless to the one throwing an event/quest :D Since its a lot of hard work. ;)
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Vysanth on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Since IoPs are basically non-transferrable, there's no harm to combine the many IoPs into one item right? Sort of like an evolving IoP, one item that counts as maybe 2-3.

It also makes sense if in the form of the Character as a quest giver, getting components / spells and offering rewards to adventurers, and what is collected back is used to strengthen some artifact or something.
Vysanth
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Stormbringer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:25 pm

IoPs are separate items. They don't combine
--------------

(John Keats)
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Myra on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:20 am

Something I'm a little confused about.. its great that we are encouraging people to run quests for others, to interact with each other and make things more interesting and its an interesting way to do it..but..

I'm wondering about those players that have put their time in playing.. who have leveled their characters little by little and want to continue to do so but due to RL and lack of significant time to play.. or even time schedules due to where they live, where does it leave those characters and players the chance to gain these advantages??

Speaking for myself. I love running quests or events. I try to do so as much as possible but due to RL, I only have one full day that I am not at work and that is spent between here and family. I know I'm not the only one but I'm curious, how do I go about gaining these items?

As well as with the Relics that are now put into place...
Myra
Expert
Expert

Postby Stormbringer on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:20 pm

The HC, in conjunction with the Ops, are able to award special items as recognition of those who put that extra bit into the game or into helping others generally OOC.
--------------

(John Keats)
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Next

Return to News From The Admin