SFaD

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

SFaD

Postby Stormbringer on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:31 pm

I'm not replying in Rants and breaking my own rule but obviously I do read that forum sometimes. No, don't feel inhibited, I don't care what you say about me there!.

This event appears to need some attention so in future:

1. Any winning bid will be subbed immediately. Characters will not be paid for taking part in it.

2. Don't bother asking Tawny for a refund if you don't like the outcome.

3. Any player who puts up a slave into the auction and then doesn't play out the result will be banned from placing any character in future auctions unless they have a very good reason. This means, any player who has a character listed when the auction starts, not one who has to withdraw beforehand for any reason.

4. Any player who bought a slave who doesn't perform may apply to HC for a refund after a month. HC will decide whether you have a valid case and how much to give you back, if anything. This money may be recovered from the bank account of any of the non-performing player's characters if we feel so inclined.

5. As already exists, a player can specify which races/ sexes can/cannot be buying their character when they put forward to be a slave. They can also PM Tawny with a list of players they refuse to be sold to.

That's it. I'm not going to legislate on how much someone can pay to win an auction or how many auctions they can win. I'd sooner see the excess money drained out of the system as a way to give newer players a chance to win future auctions.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Re: SFaD

Postby L`aquera on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:32 pm

I wasn't there from the start due to RP going on and wanted my concentration there. However, I did sneak in, in the middle to be op'd up to make sure no one gave Tawny or Tyjir any guff that they couldn't handle. By all accounts, I thought they did a very 'good' job of holding their own and keeping up and trying very hard to make sure the atmosphere of the event was kept. I can only say, Bravo, to that. Were there issues? Sure, before and during. There always is however. Regardless. My hat goes to those that had 'fun' and that I thought was the main reason for these.

If all that run a SFAD would remember to please post up these rules that Stormbringer has laid down in the format of their Board post, it will make life a little easier for all. Thank you.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Tawny on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:41 pm

Thank you Stormbring and L`aquera. I would like to say one thing however, on the rules. When auctioning a person to say this one is for a certain sex only, I dont have a problem. To watch a list of Ones not allowed to bid on a person I understand and can do but when it comes to race that gets abit sticky ICly anyway. Not everyone goes to the thread to see who has signed up if they are just wanting to buy so how does Tawny or Tyjir handle that IC. Just like those who want to say any sex can buy them but no sex with a certain sex. Again how does one step on a stage to auction a slave for a day and cover all this. Cant really post it OOC in IC channel. If this going to be allowed can we include in the rules that if your going to bid you need to check out any OOC stipulation before bidding or something to the degree. That way it still is a Slave for a Day auction and not turned into a dating game or worse? I dont mean to complain but I am already watching list for who wants what sex of an owner and list for who dont who to bid on them plus handling all those wanted sold and who needs to go first as well as handling the auction its self. I love doing these cause the players enjoy them and that is my main focus but I can only watch some many list plus do everything else right.
Thank you for any help here and oh yea does anyone know how many pms one can have open before their irc exploses.... :lol:
Tawny

Postby Stormbringer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:57 pm

Easy enough:

6 - If you buy a SFaD without checking the board or OOC channel for restrictions on what race/sex they accept, you have no basis for a refund and the slave character is not penalised for not playing it out.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Tawny on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:13 am

Once again...thank you.
Tawny

Postby Sorgram on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:15 am

I would offer that any should be able to bid on any, as I at times might want to offer a gift, need labour for a task that is below me or just to provide torment. I suggest that this be the case, with rules for sex as always being ooc consent as usually. just a thought.
Sorgram
Op
Op

Postby Miss Magical on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:31 am

Sogram wrote:I would offer that any should be able to bid on any, as I at times might want to offer a gift, need labour for a task that is below me or just to provide torment. I suggest that this be the case, with rules for sex as always being ooc consent as usually. just a thought.

The Auction is about promoting roleplay which is about having fun. If I had someone involved and I didn't want to do some silly work -- or anything that I didn't want to do -- it'd ruin the whole point for me when I either had to pay the money back or grumble and do something that I didn't enjoy.
Never robust as a melody, only a broken chord to sing.
Miss Magical
Adept
Adept

Return to News From The Admin