Web pages and spells

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Web pages and spells

Postby Ehlanna on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:32 pm

As a follow on from the 'splitting of the beer atom, er ... some spell spheres' into 'common', 'Unigo' and 'Umbara' I have been doing some behind the scenes tweaking to do stuff that I thought I had already done!

I have already done the changes for Desdaemona (the !checkspell and !spellsell commands, plus a new !charspell command for SS employees) as that was not very disruptive.

It is aimed that the current rules on spells and spheres will be followed: using your own spell slots (from levelling up, etc.,) you will only be able to access spells within your current spheres. Purchasing slots from SS you will be able to improve existing spells, but not get new spells from a sphere you do not currently have.

It seems that the needed code for the web pages to only show those spells a character can have requires updating to factor in spell pre-requirements; such as the 'Unigo key' and 'Umbara key' spells that give a character access to the relevant sub portion of their sphere. I'd like to say the code is simple (in some ways it is) but the WWW being what it is it is entirely possible I may miss a reference here or there, and as one of the changes is to a 'library function' used all over the place it is possible something, somewhere (other than Shandriel's panties) may go *twang!*. If so, please post here, giving the URL you were using, what character was involved and, if you can, an indication of the problem (full error messages should be sent to me via PM please).

Whilst this is happening there will be, hopefully, brief moment when the code is out of kilter as I cannot update everything at the same time. I may also catch someone in the middle of something, which might well cause an error.

With a little luck this should all be done in the next 30 to 45 minutes or so. Most of that time will be for me to make damned sure I am not about to screw stuff up! Once I am done I will update this thread with a note of how successful the update was!
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Re: Web pages and spells

Postby Ehlanna on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:52 pm

Ok, updates have been done! With luck all is well ;)
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ishtori on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:55 pm

Let's hope so Oh great mistress of panties ^^
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Ishtori
Expert
Expert

Postby Shandriel on Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:24 pm

*Twang*
Shandriel
Novice
Novice

Postby One on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:46 am

CUTE!
break the lock if it don't fit.
Winn d'Aviaa - Lene - Damascus - Octavia - siti{Carth} - Heron{Kir} - qiome|Rue| - Eleonora{LI} - Eala
One
Initiate
Initiate

Return to News From The Admin