Sex Thought - Read This or Die!

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Sex Thought - Read This or Die!

Postby Stormbringer on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:38 am

Through the use of this spell, the caster is able to insert a single thought into the victim's mind. It is almost inevitably some sexual image intended to stir the victim's passions or to disturb them. The victim clearly sees the thought but can dismiss it immediately if they wish. Depending on the demeanor of the victim, they will either know something's not right or they'll be completely unaware, depending on how sexual they are. OOC consent is required prior to using this spell

I'm not going to single anyone out because I have heard this spell is commonly misused. I saw an example of that recently and I was extremely disturbed by the sheer intrusiveness of how it was being abused. Anyone who acquires a spell is expected to read how it is defined and if in doubt, to ask. Not simply to take the name of the spell and interpret it to suit themselves.

Sex Thought is:

- a single static image

- a spell which requires OOC consent PRIOR to it being sent

- able to be accepted to a degree defined by the victim

That isn't new. It says it right there on the label.

Sex Thought is not:

- a spell where OOC consent can be requested in the same post as the casting of the spell. I mean for fuck's sake that should be obvious with any use of OOC consent. "If you consent then this is a detailed description of what I am doing" is somewhere about the level of moronic because it effectively inflicts upon the recipient something they have had no opportunity to reject beforehand

- a sequence of actions, pseudo roleplay, godmoding and descriptions of what the caster wants the victim to imagine the caster is doing to them. It is a single static image of a sexual situation that does not include a recognised character as a part of it, excepting the victim him/herself.

- an excuse to make the victim find the caster irresistible or to override OOC consent to a sex scene
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Re: Sex Thought - Read This or Die!

Postby Ehlanna on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:11 pm

It is also, perhaps, worth noting that the effect it has on the victim does not shade into the physical - they do not feel what is happening in the image, also it does not immediately 'flip a switch' in the libido. It's 'just' a (hopefully!) very nice day dream-like image that flits into the mind's eye and then out ... it is then down to the victim if they wish to have their mind linger on that thought and build on it or just blink away the 'where the heck did THAT come from?' feeling (also known as 'oh shit, Ehlanna's nearby ...').
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Amara on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:53 pm

*Bumps this up*

There's been some questions in the OOC regarding this topic.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Wadeywade on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:31 am

Hehe.. 'oh shit, ehlnnas' nearby.' Now thats funny!
Until it actually happens. :P
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Return to News From The Admin