Your Proper Work Hours and how to Post it

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: Your Proper Work Hours and how to Post it

Postby Almondus on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:23 am

Thank you L!

That does clear up how skills plug into actual pay now. I know that my understanding of the pay system is behind the times as it were. But, some shops have more skills that affect their pay then others. Since it's been brought up, take the SS.

30 base pay + 340 from skills = 370mhl

I didn't check all the jobs, so this is probably an outlier, but... isn't 370mhl for an hour of work a bit.. high?

Or is there a cap of 100mhl like there was before on skills that can be applied to a single job?
Almondus
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:56 am

No cap. You get paid for what you do and learn. Isn't that a plus?
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Aeria Nighthawk on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:27 am

I hate to beat a dead horse here, but I am seeking clarification on one point.

I get that the base wage for jobs (except the ISA, SS and REB) is 20 (or 30) mhl per hour. Work 2 hours, make 40 mhl (or 60 if you work at those special shops). That much is clear.

But skills leave me scratching my head a little as there is so much input from a variety of sources. How do they add 20 per level of an applicable skill?

As in, Aeria has 9 applicable skills towards work at the MMR, (5 from metal working and 4 from leather working) that adds 180 mhl to her salary. But is that monthly? Hourly? Every 4 hours as some examples have focused on?

If it's hourly then she'd be making 200 mhl an hour (and as much as I like my character and want to see her filthy rich that seems extremely excessive)

If it's every 4 hours then she makes 65 mhl an hour (20 base + 180/4) which I see as reasonable

If it's monthly then it's monthly. Also reasonable.

Again sorry, but I just didn't see any concrete answer to that question in this thread.
Aeria Nighthawk
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:49 am

I can answer that. Its only added at the end of the month. One time. So if you worked 5 hours in the month with 9 skill levels, You get.... 5x30=150 because MMR makes 30 per hour +skills..9x20=180=330 MHL
Tawny

Postby Aeria Nighthawk on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:41 am

Thank you Tawny for clearing that up. :D But the MMR isn't one of the special stores that make 30 so far as I know. It's just the REB, SS and ISA to my knowledge.
Aeria Nighthawk
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:02 am

:P I was tired...dont pick on me Hugs hehehehe
Tawny

Postby lyllamarie on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:57 pm

Just to update, it should be noted IG make 30 an hour as well, as per their old pay grade.
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby Tawny on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:37 am

Sorry if I have done it wrong, but was told its was only the ISA REB and SS that made 30 per hour. L told me that after she made the new logging system.
Tawny

Postby lyllamarie on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:54 am

I didn't mention it before, but they have always gotten a pay grade higher than normal soldiering positions because of the amount of work they are required to log.
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby miyuka on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:56 pm

meant to bring this up earlier but keep forgetting to. I hear of people that round up when they are doing their work hours. This does not sound like what was originally intended. Can the Original post be reflected to state that there is no rounding of numbers when it comes to posting work logs (or vice versa if it is allowed).
miyuka

Postby Tawny on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:43 am

The way I was told to do the logs and they way i have been doing the payouts is simple. we dont get paid by the minute, yes I have seen a few logs that were total that way tho I did not pay out that way. I do pay on the hour and on the half hour. So if you work somewhere 1 hour and 20 mins I pay for 1 hour. If you work 1 hour 40 Mins I pay for 1 hour 30 mins. That is the only way I have been doing the work logs and payout.
Tawny

Previous

Return to News From The Admin