Your Proper Work Hours and how to Post it

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Your Proper Work Hours and how to Post it

Postby L`aquera on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Date: December 6, 2014
Name: Bubblegum Hair Driver
IF you are a Manager/Assistant manager: Manger of the Gummy bear Theme show
Skills: Riding Gummy worms 5, Hair dressing 2
Time-stamped logs: Session Start: Thu Dec 01 09:12:19 2014
Session Ident: #tli-forest
3[09:12] * Now talking in #tli-forest
Session Close: Thu Dec 02 13:42:03 2013
Total hours worked: 18 hours (YES I KNOW THATS WRONG)
Total MHL Owed for Skills+Work Hours: 100+40+900= 1040 mhl

I don't care what 'ORDER' you put this in to be perfectly honest but I do require TOTAL HOURS WORKED: at the last line that YOU add up. Not us. Not me. I'm not going to sit for hours with a calculator adding up your hours and skills. Thats your job.. Thats all there is to it. If anyone is telling you differently? STOP LISTENING! As a matter of fact, point them out and I can guarantee you, no one will tell anyone the wrong way to log your hours again. I can't get any more simplistic. IF all you do is post ONE month of everything including your time-stamp logs? Fine by me. If you post it the day you work it and then add it all up the last day of the month? Fine by me. As long as that info up there is on it? I'm golden and so are you.

PS That is just an example above! No Gummy Worms were hurt to make this example.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Re: Your Proper Work Hours and how to Post it

Postby Azara on Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:18 am

I'm sure it's posted somewhere, so I feel really horrible for not having found it, but... what are the going hourly wages? I know that skills are 20 per rank up to 100, with a max of 5 mastered skills to be paid out. But, what about the hourly wage?

I'm asking so I don't mess up adding my skills+work.

Thanks!
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:08 pm

All shops but 3, pay 20 mhl an hour. Its 20 mhl Per XSkill level.

ISA, SS, REB pay 30 mhl an hour

Assitant Managers pay 240 mhl, Managers are 325 mhl, any thing beyond 4 hours of work as a manager /assistant manager, is 20 mhl an hour.

I could be wrong on the old Assistant/Manager payrates since my memory is a fuzzy fuzzy thing, not to be confused with furry fuzzy. Someone can feel free to correct me and I'll change it.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Tawny on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:33 am

I was aways told Assitant managers make 280 and managers make 340 for the first four hours worked. My question is are Head and assistant Head priest and priestess considered manager and assistant managers as well as a seneschals are they considered assistant managers or managers?
Tawny

Postby L`aquera on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:49 am

Yes, they always have been, and thank you Tawny. Thats all I needed to remember :D
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Angst on Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:02 pm

Alrighty. I'll be sure to make corrections.
Angst, Anisa|VRK|, Latanya|STB|, Kacela, Inara{Chris}, Taini, Nixxle, Lilly{FRST}, Jilaiya, Jace, Kai, Tirnel, Esme{DVK}, Samina, Samiya{Mal}, Leila, Talen.
Angst
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:37 pm

If you didn't get paid this month because your work records were not correct, pm me when you see me and show me the corrections with a link to your work logs and I'll do a payout then and there. THank you.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Phaing on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:22 pm

The things you miss when you are away a couple of weeks...

Okay, Ray set me straight and I hope Phaing's Thallis logs are right. I'll spread the word, just hope this is the last change for a while.

VERY glad to see the REB and other complicated stores are getting the pay they deserve now. :D
Phaing
Adept
Adept

Postby Almondus on Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:37 am

just so I have it right:

Alren as worker @ 8 hours:

(20+100) x 8 = 960 mhl

Alren as assistant manager @ 8 hours:

325 + [(20+100) x 4] = 805

So... Assistant managers make less then workers?
Almondus
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Amara on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:00 am

Almondus wrote:just so I have it right:

Alren as worker @ 8 hours:

(20+100) x 8 = 960 mhl

Alren as assistant manager @ 8 hours:

325 + [(20+100) x 4] = 805

So... Assistant managers make less then workers?

A regular worker CAN make more coin IF they log in the work hours to do so.

A Manager gets 340 MHL for the first 4 hours then, they get 20 MHL for anything over that first initial 4 hours UNLESS they work at the REB, SS, and ISA - in which case they will get 30 MHL an hour. It would look like this:

Using Alren's example of 8 hours and, I'll add in 2 skills both worth 100 each -

8 hours logged for the month:
4 hours @ 340 = 340
4 hours @ 20mhl an hour = 80 OR 4 hours @ 30mhl an hour = 120
2 skills @ 200 each

The math: 340+80+200= 620 MHL OR 340+120+200= 660 MHL

An Assistant Manager gets 280 MHL for the first 4 hours then, they get 20 MHL for anything over that first initial 4 hours UNLESS they work at the REB, SS, and ISA - in which case they will get 30 MHL an hour. It would look like this:

8 hours logged for the month:
4 hours @ 280 = 280
4 hours @ 20mhl an hour = 80 OR 4 hours @ 30mhl an hour = 120
2 skills @ 200 each

The math: 280+80+200= 560 MHL OR 280+120+200= 600 MHL

A Regular worker gets 20 MHL an hour plus their skills bonus OR 30 MHL an hour if they work at the REB, SS, and ISA.

8 hours logged in for the month:
8 hours X 20=160
2 skills = 200

160+200=360 MHL

OR

8 hours X 30= 240
2 skills = 200

240+200= 440 MHL
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Almondus on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:45 am

so.. it's a flat 100mhl per skill rank?
That's a bit different then the system I was used to.

I thought that each applicable skill rank added 20 mhl to the hourly amount, so if you had 5 ranks it'd up your hourly by 100mhl to 120 for most shops?

Caeteris paribus

It still seems that managers and assistant managers get paid less for the same hours worked if they're fully skilled (as most managers and assistant managers are).

Also..

If it is a flat rate for sills.. doesn't that mean that if you had 5 skill slots and just worked an hour you'd get 520mhl?
Almondus
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Kanti on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:24 pm

I could have sworn only 5 RANKS of ONE SKILL applies to payrates, not ALL skills for a job MAXED.
Kanti
Novice
Novice

Postby miyuka on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:09 pm

What Kanti said...*stares at Kanti's boobies* yeah...what she said...
miyuka

Postby Amara on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:25 pm

For the skill rank: each time you take it, it gives you 20 and when you max it out to Master that equals to 100. You can have up to 5, giving you a total maxed out skill bonus of 500 per job if I'm remembering correctly.

So, if you have:

Tending/Etiquette - Novice
Tending/Etiquette - Apprentice
Tending/Etiquette - Journeyman
Tending/Etiquette - Expert
Tending/Etiquette - Master

You get 100 MHL for that skill bonus.

If you only have it up to Journeyman - you get 60 MHL for that skill bonus.

L put that in her example when she made this thread:

L`aquera wrote:Date: December 6, 2014
Name: Bubblegum Hair Driver
IF you are a Manager/Assistant manager: Manger of the Gummy bear Theme show
Skills: Riding Gummy worms 5, Hair dressing 2
Time-stamped logs: Session Start: Thu Dec 01 09:12:19 2014
Session Ident: #tli-forest
3[09:12] * Now talking in #tli-forest
Session Close: Thu Dec 02 13:42:03 2013
Total hours worked: 18 hours (YES I KNOW THATS WRONG)
Total MHL Owed for Skills+Work Hours: 100+40+900= 1040 mhl

I don't care what 'ORDER' you put this in to be perfectly honest but I do require TOTAL HOURS WORKED: at the last line that YOU add up. Not us. Not me. I'm not going to sit for hours with a calculator adding up your hours and skills. Thats your job.. Thats all there is to it. If anyone is telling you differently? STOP LISTENING! As a matter of fact, point them out and I can guarantee you, no one will tell anyone the wrong way to log your hours again. I can't get any more simplistic. IF all you do is post ONE month of everything including your time-stamp logs? Fine by me. If you post it the day you work it and then add it all up the last day of the month? Fine by me. As long as that info up there is on it? I'm golden and so are you.

PS That is just an example above! No Gummy Worms were hurt to make this example.

Also:

Almondus wrote:
It still seems that managers and assistant managers get paid less for the same hours worked if they're fully skilled (as most managers and assistant managers are).

Also..

If it is a flat rate for sills.. doesn't that mean that if you had 5 skill slots and just worked an hour you'd get 520mhl?

The new system that L put in place - allows players to work as much or as little as they want. It certainly is possible for anyone to make more during a month than a Manager or Asst Manager. I once logged in over 40 hours for a job and not a bit of sex happened - it was all awesome RP. It's up to each player to decide on how much time they can give.

And, if those skills were maxed out to Master, yes, it's possible again, to have worked 1 hour at 20 or 30 MHL an hour and have your bonus skills apply. NOTE - that you cannot just toss in any skills you want - they have to be approved by the Manager of the shop you work for. Most have already listed what a player can take.

Some examples for you on what skills can be taken -
Umbara: viewtopic.php?f=213&t=16679
ISA: viewtopic.php?f=139&t=16623
Apothecary: viewtopic.php?f=189&t=16602
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Ok. Manager makes 340 for 4 hours of work regardless.
A regular worker, works 4 hours and makes 80, or 120 if you work at the ISA/REB/SS

Looks to me like the Managers and Assistant managers get paid more for doing the same amount of hours. I see nothing to complain about. If they want more they work more. Thats all there is to it.

The skills are simplistic. You earn 100 for a X5 or Master skill level. Some jobs offer out several Skills you can use to your advantage to make more.

Such as: Mephos Riding, Tracking, for a Nobles House. If you master in both? Thats 200 mhl. Check the skills list for each job to know which ones you can lay claim to fame to if you put the points into those skills.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Next

Return to News From The Admin