Oh ... CRAP!

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Oh ... CRAP!

Postby Ehlanna on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:06 pm

Sorry folks, but doing a 'standard' bit of maintenance with the database that the site and Desdaemona uses, I managed to royally screw up ...

ALL the spells now share the same description - that of the "Dead Speak" spell. All other for the spells remain intact, for what that is worth. How long it will take to get things back will depend on how quickly a backup of the database can be found and made available.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Re: Oh ... CRAP!

Postby L`aquera on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:30 am

Nobody panic! Theres nothing to worry about. We'll just use the universal spell of "Spank Ehlanna" And we'll all feel better. :twisted:
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby miyuka on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:31 am

I'll use the spell through a phoenix stone.
miyuka

Postby Sorgram on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:29 am

Can we chain the Phoenix Stones and focus them through the mithril paddle I have?

S.
Sorgram
Op
Op

Postby Cangelosi on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm so glad I don't use magic anymore. XD
-post presented by the actual mun of characters Morgan Drakewing and Arnoch Bretail-
Cangelosi
Adept
Adept

Postby Ehlanna on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:22 pm

If anyone has any cached data or taken offline copies of web-pages shoeing any spells can they please contact me?
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Kooky on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:06 pm

Here's what I've gathered. I suggest everyone look through their logs for "Mechanics" to find spell descriptions posted in OOC or Quest for dice rolls. We can compile a decent list this way maybe.

Spirit Sphere

Spirit Razor
 :MECHANICS: A standard Ranged Magical Attack roll is required, with a corresponding Ranged Magical Defense to avoid the attack. Being a solid object, the defender can use his Armor modifier on top of the rest of his defenses, unlike most Shaman spells. For every slot utilized, the attack adds a +1 to his Ranged Magical Attack, to a maximum of +15. 

Plague Winds
:MECHANICS: Upon casting this spell, the shaman rolls a Ranged Magical Attack that everyone within range of the spell must roll a Ranged Magical Defense against. Range is determined by 5 feet in diameter for every time Shaman is chosen, to a maximum of 30 feet for Shaman X5. Damage is split between Life and Stamina.

Spirit Bolt
:MECHANICS: A standard Ranged Magical Attack that utilizes spirit energy to harm the Shaman's opponent, should they fail their Ranged Magical Defense. This spell bypasses physical armors, but not Defensive Enchantments or Defensive Spells. Physical Armor, however, has no effect. This spell cannot damage anything other than living flesh.

Healing Sphere
Heal
:MECHANICS: Touch is required. For every spell slot the Healer has, 2 LIF points will be restored at the cost of 2 STA per slot (i.e. 10 slots heals 20 LIF, costs 20 STA). Heal does NOT cure Disease, Poison, or Senses.

Not sure what Sphere
Chill Touch
:MECHANICS: Damage is dealt per the normal Close Magical Attack combat rules, adding +1 to the ATK per slot used.

Shielding Hand
Shielding Hand:
Casting method: other
Defending method: none
Description: Class: Cleric, Priestess
Level: X1 ::
While aloof and distant, the Gods do care about their charges, the mortals that call upon them for aid, and in turn fill the Gods with power through worship. It behooves the Gods to defend them whenever appropriate. A song of pleading, singing out to their God for protection their enemies, it is often sung as battle begins, a final plea for help.
MECHANICS:: The Cleric is wrapped in Divine energies that protect him against physical assaults, adding a +1 to their Physical Defense for every slot of the spell known. At ClericX4, the Cleric's connection to their God is strong enough that the Shielding Hand becomes capable of defending against Magical assaults just as well. This spell does not stack with Wizardly magics, but 'will' stack with DEF enchantments on armor. This Blessing is most used by Clerics of Aden Ver and Gaea. Stamina cost is 3 per slot put into this and takes one full round to cast, making this spell become effective the following round immediately before the next attack can be made.

Physical Armor
Defending method: other
Description: When a mage casts this spell, a shimmer in the air appears around them for a moment before dissipating. This spell reduces the physical damage that the caster takes.
Mechanics: The duration of this spell is determined by a roll of dInt+dRes+Slots. The effect of this spell adding to your defense against physical attacks is the number of slots you have in the spell so, if you have 10 slots in the spell it will add 10 to your physical defense.

Elemental Shield
:MECHANICS: Through this spell the Hydromancer forms a shield around them self, bolstering defenses against both Magical, and Physical damage through the use of his element, giving 1 defense for every 1 slot for a total of +15 defense. This ability can only be used during combat and it takes one full round to summon this shield around the Mage. The spell also doesn't stack with Magical Armor or Physical Armor spells. The Caster must roll 1dInt+1dRes+Slots to determine the duration of the spell. This spell costs 2 point of stamina for every slot put into the spell.
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Kooky on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:18 pm

Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Rythia on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:22 pm

^
yep

Seems like the pages have been cached by google. I used http://www.cachedpages.com/
As Lumio saved a copy of everything offline, things should be fine even if google (or the other ones) update their cache.

yay magic
Rythia
Novice
Novice

Postby Ehlanna on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:32 pm

Thanks - with luck I should be able to use those to start getting things back together!
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Kooky on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:56 am

Let me know if you want anything else backed up.

Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Ehlanna on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:56 am

And to give an idea of how long this may take, I have just completed the Enchantment Sphere (having started just after making the previous post).
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Sorgram on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:29 am

I am chilling the paddle. please present yourself upon completion

S.
Sorgram
Op
Op

Postby Ehlanna on Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Enchantment sphere: done
Common sphere: done
Healing sphere: done
Nature sphere: done
Symphonic sphere: done
Spirit sphere: done
Fire sphere: done
Earth sphere: done
Air sphere: done
Water/Ice sphere: done
Necromancy sphere: done
Sexual sphere: done
Arcana sphere: done
Magus sphere: done
Illusion sphere: done
Divine sphere: done
Naval sphere: done
Racial sphere: done
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Amara on Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:42 am

Sadly, the link to the Sexual sphere is now lacking descriptions.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Next

Return to News From The Admin