Aiding and abetting the crazy ones. Don't do it.

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Aiding and abetting the crazy ones. Don't do it.

Postby L`aquera on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:17 pm

Recently we banned a girl that has, to say the least, more mental health issues then I can keep up with. I do not take someones mental health as some joke. I wouldn't wish that kind of life on anyone. But we cannot help anyone here with those issues and frankly she was disturbing more then just a handful of players with the issues she had. Bendil was given the boot and while I don't want to kick anyone while so down, this channel was not the place for her.

Between myself and other Ops, we made sure players knew why she was banned and, that they weren't to help her locate or tell where other players were that she was harassing. You were all told, if you aided her, you would go the same way as she did. To many were trying to be 'nice' and furthering her ability to harass people again and again.

It appears some simply didn't wish to listen to that advice and one was given the boot last night.

This is not something we'll over look, if it were you being harassed by someone, and they asked us if you were in there, you'd be as furious as I was last night. I'm not going to caution anyone on this again. I'm simply telling you, don't help crazy be further crazy. If you have a really big heart and think you can help? Help them to realize a role play channel is not the help they need.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Re: Aiding and abetting the crazy ones. Don't do it.

Postby Stormbringer on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:47 pm

I agree 100%. In the past we have tried to help, tried giving chance after chance, tried excusing their behaviour. But the truth is that a mixture of fantasy and sex can be an explosive mixture. People come here for various reasons, the company, the chance to explore sexuality in a safe environment, or just an escape from life.

But what we have found every time, is that those with mental illnesses do not use this as a means of therapy. They use it to find victims who they can guilt into doing what they want by appealing to their humanity, crying or threatening suicide. They promise to get therapy to be given another chance, but they never do.

This isn't a forum on mental illness and to the best of my knowledge trying to treat such in chat would be very difficult at the best of times. In a fantasy sex environment it encourages a worstening of their condition, not an improvement.

What we provide here is a place where visitors can play out fantasies in a safe, relaxing environment. Allowing disturbed people to undermine that helps neither them nor our more rational visitors. Helping circumvent the barring of ill people is the height of stupidity, whatever the motive.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Return to News From The Admin