New Job/ Pay Rate

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: New Job/ Pay Rate

Postby Balard on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:14 am

Do some of the jobs like the Imperial Guard still get 30 mhl a hour worked or is that reduced too?
Balard
Expert
Expert

Postby Naomh on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:33 pm

wages remain unchanged. Skill bonus, monthly/weekly hours worked limit and how many jobs one character can have are the only things that got changed.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Serena on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:37 pm

can we just go with the 32 hours a month? a standard week has various explanations and the concept of doing the 4/4 hours a week just makes it unnecessarily difficult to try to figure out and track which could, invariably..just force monologuing to get in the 4 hours minimum, per week, per store allowed.
Theressa Annaert, Pledged Lifelong Bondmate to Allivia Annaert and Lady of the Annaert Household
Player of Theressa, Kytte{Naya}, Vonni and Remlie.
Serena
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Farvel on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:27 pm

Serena wrote:can we just go with the 32 hours a month? a standard week has various explanations and the concept of doing the 4/4 hours a week just makes it unnecessarily difficult to try to figure out and track which could, invariably..just force monologuing to get in the 4 hours minimum, per week, per store allowed.

Huh? I never saw anything about you being required to work a minimum of 4 hours a week. Am I missing something here?
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Serena on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:14 pm

Farvel wrote:
Serena wrote:can we just go with the 32 hours a month? a standard week has various explanations and the concept of doing the 4/4 hours a week just makes it unnecessarily difficult to try to figure out and track which could, invariably..just force monologuing to get in the 4 hours minimum, per week, per store allowed.

Huh? I never saw anything about you being required to work a minimum of 4 hours a week. Am I missing something here?

yeah, i was directing my question to the powers that be about being able to log 32 hours a month..regardless of how many were done per week.
Theressa Annaert, Pledged Lifelong Bondmate to Allivia Annaert and Lady of the Annaert Household
Player of Theressa, Kytte{Naya}, Vonni and Remlie.
Serena
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:16 pm

No one says you have to work, 4 hours a week or work 4 hours over time, however that is the max you can work any week. Payrate is unchanged. You don't have to work 'at all' if you don't want to. You won't be fired because you didn't make 4 hours a week.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Kooky on Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:54 am

From playing around and talking with others, I'd like to offer one suggestion of amendment.

Instead of paying for MASTER skills only, what about 10mhl per rank from only THREE skills. That is the same payrate at 10x5=50mhl for the max, however, it allows characters, especially low-levels, to vary their skills better instead of feeling like they should drop all of their points into one for the Master just so they don't miss out on the bonus pay.

Granted, it's not a big bonus compared to the 20mhl base rate, but this would allow for characters to do more skill-wise as far as RP fluff is concerned and overall play without changing pay.
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Farvel on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:36 am

Kooky wrote:From playing around and talking with others, I'd like to offer one suggestion of amendment.

Instead of paying for MASTER skills only, what about 10mhl per rank from only THREE skills. That is the same payrate at 10x5=50mhl for the max, however, it allows characters, especially low-levels, to vary their skills better instead of feeling like they should drop all of their points into one for the Master just so they don't miss out on the bonus pay.

Granted, it's not a big bonus compared to the 20mhl base rate, but this would allow for characters to do more skill-wise as far as RP fluff is concerned and overall play without changing pay.

Totally agree with this (in fact I suggested it in the other thread). I try to develop my characters' skills realistically, as in, they can easily learn the basics of different skills just from working at the jobs, while holding off on mastering any until much later in development to account for the time and effort it takes to become a "master" at anything.

But the new system seems to benefit people who metagame for maximum pay (i.e., master one skill while remaining clueless at everything else, them move on to master the next sill, etc.) and penalize those who try to develop skills in a more realistic manner.

This, more than anything else, would be the one change I suggest to the system.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Ryke Masha on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:53 pm

So I have been paying attention to this somewhat. First L how dare ye get me confused for zully! I am much more fluffier then him =p

Secondly I actually like these changes. Means that no one will ever feel like that can’t open a shop. Ever since I became the manager of the mmr I have received complaints from people saying they feel like they can’t open a shop cause someone is working like 40 hours a week and if they go in to work with them they end up feeling like they just interrupted something when they didn’t. I have tried solving it in the past with not much to show for it but I feel this will be great for everyone in the long run as it gives people long term goals. That being said I should get my butt in gear and post my logs as joe only has like 1k mhl and I have plans mwhahahaha:)
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby Ithilwen on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:29 pm

I think this might cause a problem with having shops open, if a player can only work 4 hours a week plus 4 hours overtime. That is an hour over four days which is 80 mhl for the week. Now I'm not sure how overtime works in belaraith. I'm assuming its the same as in real life so its time and a half which in this case would be 20/2=10, 10+20= 30 mhl an hour. In that case a person is earning a total of 200 mhl a week. Over four weeks that is 800 mhl for a 32 hour work month. The issue is once a character works eight hours there is no reason for them to open the shop. Some shops don't even have that many employees, or those employees are not on that much. This might make finding people to open x shop rather difficult, especially if they have worked the max hours for that week.
Ithilwen
Adept
Adept

Postby Farvel on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:47 pm

1 - I don't see anything saying that "overtime" hours are paid extra. I don't think that's the case.

2 - If people start opening shops for 8 hours a week from now on, it will be one hell of an improvement compared to what I've seen in the 2 years or so I've been actively playing here.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Azara on Tue May 22, 2018 6:11 pm

I have a question...

Since Freelancers are paid "by the job" and are not paid from the regular payroll system, but by the shop managers... can they be paid upon completion of the job or do they have to wait to be paid along with normal payroll schedule?

My opinion: I think getting paid when a job is complete is reasonable as long as a shop manager is available. And, of course, payout should be posted on the job log of the Freelancer.
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Wed May 23, 2018 1:43 am

I have seen other freelancers being paid and it was when the job as done and they had posted their freelance work logs. I don't see a need to wait for regular payroll myself since Its managers or nobles that do the paying for the job and has nothing to do with regular payroll. Of course this is all just what I have seen in the past, and my personal opinion.
Tawny

Postby Azara on Wed May 23, 2018 7:59 pm

That works for me! Thanks, Tawny.

~A~
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby miyuka on Fri May 25, 2018 2:43 am

that's how it's done for freelancers last I checked.
miyuka

PreviousNext

Return to News From The Admin