New Job/ Pay Rate

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: New Job/ Pay Rate

Postby Azara on Fri May 25, 2018 5:20 pm

Thank you for the confirmation, Miyuka! :D
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Ithilwen on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:43 pm

I've got a question about pay rate and I've found some what conflicting information on the site. Under the finding a job page on the website it states that full time employees get paid 80 mehrial for the moth, and part time employees get paid 60 mehrials for the month. It then states that base pay for a job is 20 mehrial to 30 mehrial depending on the job one holds. I'm unsure of why there are two different amounts and to varying degrees to that. It also state that "A manager, assistant manager, HP is paid 340 to 240 MHL for 4 hours work" This seems to be very different from what is currently in use for payment and I think I have a suggestion for a slightly modified pay scale on the current system.

full time equal 4 hour
part time equal 1 hour

The above is a way to determine part time and full time pay for a job. At the end of each month the work is to go through there total hours to determine if they get a bonus to there pay. This is determined by the time scale of

part time equal to 1 hr - 60 hours total
full time equal to 61 hr - 240 hours total

Now that we have a time scale out of the way let me explain what I am getting at. Base pay for a job is 30, or 50 mehrial depending if you have worked part time or full time. So if a person has worked 10 hrs over the month they would be paid 40 mehrial for working part time. A person who worked 80 hours over the month would be paid 50 mehrials for working full time. This is in addition of the 20 or 30 mehrial they make per an hour on the job.

For example say Ithilwen worked a total of ten hours for the month as a bartender at the lonely inn she be paid 30+(20*10) = 230 mehrial for the month.

The bonus to Master skills would then be paid on top of the base 60 to 80 mehrial acting as a sort of raise for there level of skill.

Again taking Ithilwen working ten hours at the inn for the month, but having master tending/etiquette her pay would be (30+50)+(20*10) = 280 mehrial for the month

The same would apply to managers, assistant managers and hp. Instead of the 30 to 50 mehrial though they would instead be paid a base of 210 mehrial for part time work and 310 mehrial for full time work on top of the hourly wage for that job. For the third example let say ithilwen is the assistant manager to the lonely inn

She works the same ten hour shift, so her pay is 210+(20*10)= 410 mehrial for the month.
Ithilwen
Adept
Adept

Postby Farvel on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Ignore what's written on the site, that's very, very old and outdated. As to why it's not updated to avoid confusion, well, that's a good question.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:09 pm

i'm unclear why any of this is confusing. you can work 4 hours. get paid normally and get a further 4 hours of overtime make it a clear 8 hours, no more no less. you can volunteer to work more without pay. the fact that we had folks saying money was no longer an option and we can buy anything meant we had an influx of money that had to be addressed. when you go, oh, i can spend a billion meherial on a slave and out bid everyone every time for what I want and folks are angry, its a problem, when you can out fit a lvl 5 with every enchant out there, its a problem. and so it was addressed. so if you are confused at this rate on hours, i'm confused on why :)
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Farvel on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:32 am

L`aquera wrote:i'm unclear why any of this is confusing. you can work 4 hours. get paid normally and get a further 4 hours of overtime make it a clear 8 hours, no more no less. you can volunteer to work more without pay. the fact that we had folks saying money was no longer an option and we can buy anything meant we had an influx of money that had to be addressed. when you go, oh, i can spend a billion meherial on a slave and out bid everyone every time for what I want and folks are angry, its a problem, when you can out fit a lvl 5 with every enchant out there, its a problem. and so it was addressed. so if you are confused at this rate on hours, i'm confused on why :)

I believe the confusion is because there are pages on the site, like this one, that are very outdated and still refer to the old pay system, the one before the change that came before the other change:

There are two type of hiring, one for part time and one for full time. Part time pays 60 mehrial a month and full time pays a lovely wage of 80 mehrial a month.

And since everyone who comes to the game will read the site long before they read the boards, they will get confused.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Previous

Return to News From The Admin