New Job/ Pay Rate

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

New Job/ Pay Rate

Postby L`aquera on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:03 pm

1: Each Character can only hold 3 jobs.

2: If you have a Masters in the skill your Job requires, you collect 50 mhl. No more, no less. You can only claim 3 Master skills per character, per job.

3: Each character only works a 4 hour week. You can only claim 4 extra hours of overtime. Per week, per Job.

IE: If you have Sally, May and Telly in your collection of characters that work at the GS, ISA and MMR, each works 4 regular hours of work per week and each can gain 4 hours of overtime no more no less collecting a total of 8 hours per week, per that character that has the job. Can you work more? Yes, but you won't be paid for more.

Managers, this works for you as your normal 4 hours, plus 4 hours of overtime just as anyone else.

This Starts December 1st. That is today ;)
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Re: New Job/ Pay Rate

Postby Garthel on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:31 pm

Quick question. Do skills scale then? So you'd make more for each lvl in the skill up to the 50 master max?
Garthel
Novice
Novice

Postby L`aquera on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:20 pm

No, they do not scale. You only are paid for Master in said skill, 3 skills allowed to claim per job. Master Skill pays 50 mhl
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Angst on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:48 pm

Alright. I 'll edit requirement posts and the likes.
Angst, Anisa|VRK|, Latanya|STB|, Kacela, Inara{Chris}, Taini, Nixxle, Lilly{FRST}, Jilaiya, Jace, Kai, Tirnel, Esme{DVK}, Samina, Samiya{Mal}, Leila, Talen.
Angst
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Yulia_Azura on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:34 pm

So one question? So you need a Masters skill in a job in order to get paid. So if you are working in a job without a Master's skill, you no longer get paid?
Characters play: Tera Ryzen, Rivin Azura
Yulia_Azura
Novice
Novice

Postby Twerlinger on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:13 pm

I believe its meant to be.. you'll get the normal rate of pay for working a position, but you'll only get a skill bonus if you have Master in an applicable skill.. for example.. Alchemy for the Apoth. You'd get the 20 mhl an hour as normal, but only with Master Alchemy would you get a 50 mhl bonus on top of the work hours.
Twerlinger

Postby Yulia_Azura on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:38 pm

So the normal pay rate is still 20 per hour or what ever, but if a Master Skill it goes to 50 an hour?
Characters play: Tera Ryzen, Rivin Azura
Yulia_Azura
Novice
Novice

Postby Azara on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:08 pm

No, you'll get paid 20 mhl/hr. Your Mastery bonus is for the -month-.

10 Hours worked in a month @ 20 mhl/hr = 200
Mastery in 2 skills @ 50 mhl/skill = 100
Pay for the month = 300
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Sorgram on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:17 pm

or is the max skill bonus you can get is 50, so at apprentice you would get 10?

Also, this is 8 hours per week max paid work? So 32 per month?

S.
Sorgram
Op
Op

Postby L`aquera on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:53 pm

Example:

Name: Sally Druthers
Job: MMR
Hours worked: 32
Skills: Master Metal Smith, Master Leather Worker
Total owed: 640 + 100 = 740

Thats IF you work all 32 hours in the month. Some shops pay 30 mhl.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Azara on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:03 am

I have a couple of questions based on inquiries made to me by other players:

1) I was asked if a player could still be a "Freelance" worker at a shop one of my chars can hire for as opposed to being a "regular" employee, thereby, not having to count the Freelance position as one of their jobs. Does the status of Freelance still go towards the job count/max?

My point of view: If everyone can Freelance along with their jobs, then the ruling is defunct because people can have "multiple" Freelance jobs along with their regular jobs and they're right back at square one.

2) Since some of the ranked skills players have chosen are according to the jobs they hold, with this new ruling, can they now change their ranked skills since they no longer have the job the skill was intended for?

My point of view: I think this change should be allowed so that the skill points used for a skill no longer needed can be redistributed into something more useful to the character.

~A~
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Farvel on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:23 am

Azara wrote:1) I was asked if a player could still be a "Freelance" worker at a shop one of my chars can hire for as opposed to being a "regular" employee, thereby, not having to count the Freelance position as one of their jobs. Does the status of Freelance still go towards the job count/max?

My point of view: If everyone can Freelance along with their jobs, then the ruling is defunct because people can have "multiple" Freelance jobs along with their regular jobs and they're right back at square one.

Freelancers don't get paid. Since the problem was people getting paid thousands for holding 10 different jobs, I don't think freelancing should be restricted. If people want to RP at the job go for it, they just won't get paid for it.

edit: Sorry I was mixing freelance with volunteer workers.

Azara wrote:2) Since some of the ranked skills players have chosen are according to the jobs they hold, with this new ruling, can they now change their ranked skills since they no longer have the job the skill was intended for?

My point of view: I think this change should be allowed so that the skill points used for a skill no longer needed can be redistributed into something more useful to the character.

Agreed.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:40 am

Ok maybe its just me ...more than likely is... But I am confused here and I really need to know what I am to pay these people. At first L`aquera said
3: Each character only works a 4 hour week. You can only claim 4 extra hours of overtime. Per week, per Job.

Then later L`aquera posted
Example:

Name: Sally Druthers
Job: MMR
Hours worked: 32
Skills: Master Metal Smith, Master Leather Worker
Total owed: 640 + 100 = 740

Thats IF you work all 32 hours in the month. Some shops pay 30 mhl.

Looks like that is paying for the 32 hours. So can I get this clarified please L`aquera. Can they only get paid for 8 hours of work each month plus 2 mastery skills or do I pay them for all hours worked and only 2 mastery skills per job? Also is working 4 hours a must for the char and if not do they have to work 4 hours to claim the Skills?
Tawny

Postby Farvel on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:30 am

I read it as 8 hours per week, not per month. So 32 hours per month (well actually a little more as there's more than 4 weeks per month).
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:04 am

Azara wrote:I have a couple of questions based on inquiries made to me by other players:

1) I was asked if a player could still be a "Freelance" worker at a shop one of my chars can hire for as opposed to being a "regular" employee, thereby, not having to count the Freelance position as one of their jobs. Does the status of Freelance still go towards the job count/max?

2) Since some of the ranked skills players have chosen are according to the jobs they hold, with this new ruling, can they now change their ranked skills since they no longer have the job the skill was intended for?

~A~

1: Yes they can still be freelance, they still must provide logs of said work, they must buy the supplies, you can pay them what you think the job was worth depending on shop/House of course. I'm not throwing freelancers to the wind.

2: Of course they can.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Next

Return to News From The Admin