New Job/ Pay Rate

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: New Job/ Pay Rate

Postby L`aquera on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:07 am

Tawny wrote:Ok maybe its just me ...more than likely is... But I am confused here and I really need to know what I am to pay these people. At first L`aquera said
3: Each character only works a 4 hour week. You can only claim 4 extra hours of overtime. Per week, per Job.

Then later L`aquera posted
Example:

Name: Sally Druthers
Job: MMR
Hours worked: 32
Skills: Master Metal Smith, Master Leather Worker
Total owed: 640 + 100 = 740

Thats IF you work all 32 hours in the month. Some shops pay 30 mhl.

Looks like that is paying for the 32 hours. So can I get this clarified please L`aquera. Can they only get paid for 8 hours of work each month plus 2 mastery skills or do I pay them for all hours worked and only 2 mastery skills per job? Also is working 4 hours a must for the char and if not do they have to work 4 hours to claim the Skills?

Its 4 hours, 4 hours overtime per week, per job. So yes, someone working 8 hours a week for 4 weeks in a month, can be paid, that average. IF they work the full 32 hours which includes of course the overtime. Which is still paid normally. Its just 4 extra overtime.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Azara on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:14 am

L`aquera wrote:1: Yes they can still be freelance, they still must provide logs of said work, they must buy the supplies, you can pay them what you think the job was worth depending on shop/House of course. I'm not throwing freelancers to the wind.

I didn't mean that Freelancers would be thrown to the wind. They could still Freelance, I was merely asking if Freelancing would count toward the job limit. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear. Azara's a Freelance Healer, I wouldn't jeopardize her own option to Freelance.

If Freelancing -didn't- count toward the job limit, then Jane Doe could work at the REB, NB, GS -and- Freelance at the BA, SS, HH... which is why my opinion is that Freelancing -should- count toward the job limit.

:)

~A~
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Farvel on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:22 am

L`aquera wrote:2: Of course they can.

Not sure I follow this. Is this an official ruling then, that as of this moment, people are allowed to rearrange their skill list? Because that should be made clear if it is.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:29 am

Ok got it L`aquera thank you.
Tawny

Postby Farvel on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:56 am

Oh and another question.

When does the week start, Sunday or Monday? Cause people have different definitions of it. Or is this an IC week, 10 days starting on Firstday?
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:13 am

I'm not sure how you can confuse the 1st of December with.. sunday or monday :D
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby L`aquera on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:14 am

Azara wrote:
L`aquera wrote:1: Yes they can still be freelance, they still must provide logs of said work, they must buy the supplies, you can pay them what you think the job was worth depending on shop/House of course. I'm not throwing freelancers to the wind.

I didn't mean that Freelancers would be thrown to the wind. They could still Freelance, I was merely asking if Freelancing would count toward the job limit. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear. Azara's a Freelance Healer, I wouldn't jeopardize her own option to Freelance.

If Freelancing -didn't- count toward the job limit, then Jane Doe could work at the REB, NB, GS -and- Freelance at the BA, SS, HH... which is why my opinion is that Freelancing -should- count toward the job limit.

:)

~A~

Freelancers are not part of the 'job' wheel. they are paid by 'job done' not by the hour.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby L`aquera on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:16 am

Farvel wrote:
L`aquera wrote:2: Of course they can.

Not sure I follow this. Is this an official ruling then, that as of this moment, people are allowed to rearrange their skill list? Because that should be made clear if it is.

Why wouldn't they be allowed to change it? We've always allowed a change of skills according to said jobs they quit, fired from, or changed from. This is no different and I see no reason not to.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Farvel on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:44 am

L`aquera wrote:Why wouldn't they be allowed to change it? We've always allowed a change of skills according to said jobs they quit, fired from, or changed from. This is no different and I see no reason not to.

Oh? I actually didn't know that. And judging by the questions being asked, others didn't know that either. Good to know! 8)

L`aquera wrote:I'm not sure how you can confuse the 1st of December with.. sunday or monday :D

I'm not. But you said there's a limit of 8 hours a week, and you don't get paid after that limit. So "when does the week start being counted" is an important question. :wink:
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Kooky on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:52 am

I like this a lot.
Now coin will matter more!

I do have one question though.. are volunteer workers still allowed? I ask, because Lumio volunteers at places, but I never claim worklogs for them, because they're not freelance, it's just volunteer work for either getting people items when they can't find a certain shop open, or for just having someone to worklog along with. I'd like to keep my volunteer work, even if as some it's only crafting items and not even working with customers as some people just need others for non-monologging due to lack of customers. I'm also hoping to shift over places to volunteer only, such as the MMR. That's a place that even if not being a clerk, Lumio would happily work alongside someone just doing crafting and keeping them company.

Do volunteer jobs count towards the 3 job limit?
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Sorgram on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:51 pm

You can volunteer as much as you like. You just get paid for the allotted jobs as described above. You may have the paid jobs and then volunteer as much to your hearts content.

S.
Sorgram
Op
Op

Postby Azara on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:42 pm

Thank you for the clarification, L, regarding Freelancers. That helps a lot!
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Cayenne on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:49 pm

Volunteers? Oh you mean slavery? That is totally a thing!~

If I was going to make a suggestion it would be to raise the low wage to 25 mhl's so that 4 hours = an even 100 mhl.

I also like even numbers.

Kooky wrote:I like this a lot.

Coin always mattered to some people.

I think the biggest issue I see is with Layman. This is a class that is supposed to be the backbone of industry in TLI, and they are unable to Master more than one skill - where-as every other class in the game can master every skill given enough time. There is also nothing that makes a Layman's work better quality than any other class so they, in my opinion especially with the new change of bonuses relating to Mastery leaves them in a bad position.

It's not game breaking - but like, I thought it should be brought up.
Cayenne
Adept
Adept

Postby L`aquera on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:55 pm

Farvel wrote:
L`aquera wrote:Why wouldn't they be allowed to change it? We've always allowed a change of skills according to said jobs they quit, fired from, or changed from. This is no different and I see no reason not to.

Oh? I actually didn't know that. And judging by the questions being asked, others didn't know that either. Good to know! 8)

L`aquera wrote:I'm not sure how you can confuse the 1st of December with.. sunday or monday :D

I'm not. But you said there's a limit of 8 hours a week, and you don't get paid after that limit. So "when does the week start being counted" is an important question. :wink:

It started, on the first of december... I'm not sure how much more plain anyone needs.....
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby L`aquera on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Cayenne wrote:Volunteers? Oh you mean slavery? That is totally a thing!~

If I was going to make a suggestion it would be to raise the low wage to 25 mhl's so that 4 hours = an even 100 mhl.

I also like even numbers.

Kooky wrote:I like this a lot.

Coin always mattered to some people.

I think the biggest issue I see is with Layman. This is a class that is supposed to be the backbone of industry in TLI, and they are unable to Master more than one skill - where-as every other class in the game can master every skill given enough time. There is also nothing that makes a Layman's work better quality than any other class so they, in my opinion especially with the new change of bonuses relating to Mastery leaves them in a bad position.

It's not game breaking - but like, I thought it should be brought up.

No. and No it really doesn't. Unless theres a bunch of Laymen out there that have bought land and are selling goods? If so, name me more then 30 and I'll be impressed.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

PreviousNext

Return to News From The Admin