New Job/ Pay Rate

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: New Job/ Pay Rate

Postby Kooky on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:25 pm

Sorgram wrote:You can volunteer as much as you like. You just get paid for the allotted jobs as described above. You may have the paid jobs and then volunteer as much to your hearts content.

S.

Awesome! I don't plan to clerk anymore unless someone absolutely can't get a shopitem from a clerk. I'm on at times that many workers aren't and that happens to be the case given timezones.

Cayenne wrote:
Kooky wrote:I like this a lot.
Now coin will matter more!

Coin always mattered to some people.

Oh I know. I'm one that coin has always mattered to. I was referring to how some people were apparently claiming they were bored with their mehrial.. but not spending it =( It's been an ongoing discussion in OOC.

L`aquera wrote:
Cayenne wrote:
I think the biggest issue I see is with Layman. This is a class that is supposed to be the backbone of industry in TLI, and they are unable to Master more than one skill - where-as every other class in the game can master every skill given enough time. There is also nothing that makes a Layman's work better quality than any other class so they, in my opinion especially with the new change of bonuses relating to Mastery leaves them in a bad position.

It's not game breaking - but like, I thought it should be brought up.

No. and No it really doesn't. Unless theres a bunch of Laymen out there that have bought land and are selling goods? If so, name me more then 30 and I'll be impressed.

Unfortunately, this is a cause for a lack of laymen too. (From my experience helping others in character creation) It's a penalized class that isn't worth it for being non-combat when weighted against the other two and those who are, meaning a pacifistic druid or other class is more suited to gaining more in the long run. Especially since the guides for freelancing doing anything with animals or land are more cumbersome for people who need it simplified, unless associated with a House. And before people ask further, it -is- something I am working on regarding the bazaar goods along with a "profession list" with suggested skills and how they apply to said professions for those stuck with various skill builds beyond combat.

I'm REALLY looking forward to us getting more active quest-runners and quest-goers and events due to this change of coin. It means more fun and xp! And hopefully more people working together. Yes, it's a cut back in coin.. but this is a very, very good thing to balance the game further and revitalizes so much that's been taken for granted.
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Farvel on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:04 pm

L`aquera wrote:
Farvel wrote:
L`aquera wrote:Why wouldn't they be allowed to change it? We've always allowed a change of skills according to said jobs they quit, fired from, or changed from. This is no different and I see no reason not to.

Oh? I actually didn't know that. And judging by the questions being asked, others didn't know that either. Good to know! 8)

L`aquera wrote:I'm not sure how you can confuse the 1st of December with.. sunday or monday :D

I'm not. But you said there's a limit of 8 hours a week, and you don't get paid after that limit. So "when does the week start being counted" is an important question. :wink:

It started, on the first of december... I'm not sure how much more plain anyone needs.....

I know the new rules started on the first of December, that is *not* what I'm asking.

What I'm asking is, for the purpose of "8 hours a week maximum, and you're not getting paid if you work more than that", what is counted as a "week". Sunday to Saturday? Monday to Sunday? Firstday to Lasday?

I can't see how I can make this any more clear.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:54 pm

It would start.. the FIRST of December... Week........... :D *coughs hacks dies*
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Farvel on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:32 pm

So are you saying the first week of the month always starts on day 1, the second week of the month always starts on day 8, and so on, regardless of what day of the week it is?

Because if that's not what you're saying, then I really can't see how I can make my question any more clear:

There's a maximum number of weekly hours you can get paid for. If you work say 12 hours in a week, you only get paid for the first 8. For the purpose of that calculation, what is a week?

Seems a simple enough question, I think?
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Kooky on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:24 am

Farvel, it is however the week falls.

December 1st started on Friday, therefor December's first week is technically only two days, meaning Friday and Saturday. The 2nd week would start on Sunday the 3rd. So it is not "every seven days", but an actual month's week according to the date and days themselves.

That's my understanding of the "week" as things go. If this had been last month, then November's last week would have ended on Thursday the 30th.

Edit: it IS per seven days. Not a week as in, an actual week nor Sunday-Saturday or the like.

Hopefully this gets clearly stated with an update to the start of the thread so people don't need to comb along lol
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Akaton on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:45 am

I have a simple thing. The 8 hours per week 32 per month thing.

Im ok with the 32 per month thing. But limiting 8 per week can bring up issues. As in my position with the HoF. During times when events and SLs are happening i post sometimes 8 hrs a day because of an event that may run like two-three consecutive days or even in a weeks period. So I am limited to only counting 8 hours for that week and thus am not incentivized once i have my 8 hours to continue using that SL for work purposes. So am then forced to do alot of monologuing in the following weeks to get my 32 for the month. Thats the only issue i see. Atleast in my circumstance. This will affect others involved in SLs and the like as well.
Akaton
Expert
Expert

Postby Farvel on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:35 am

Kooky wrote:Farvel, it is however the week falls.

December 1st started on Friday, therefor December's first week is technically only two days, meaning Friday and Saturday. The 2nd week would start on Sunday the 3rd. So it is not "every seven days", but an actual month's week according to the date and days themselves.

That's my understanding of the "week" as things go. If this had been last month, then November's last week would have ended on Thursday the 30th.

Yes, I get that. But that was my question: is Sunday or Monday the first day of the week? Because different countries have different definitions of what a week is (we start on Monday, for instance), so I wanted to clarify that.

It seems a simple enough question, but everytime I ask the question I keep getting the answer "It starts on the 1st of December" over and over and over again, hence why I'm confused. :roll:
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Farvel on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 am

Akaton wrote:So am then forced to do alot of monologuing in the following weeks to get my 32 for the month.

You don't have to do anything. You're not forced to do those 32 hours, just like up until now you weren't forced to do endless hours of monologuing to get more money. It's a choice that you do to work that many hours or not.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Akaton on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:48 am

Farvel I think standard definition of week here means 7 days. So 1st-7th 8th-14th 15th-21st and then 22nd-28th and then o guess 29th,30th, and occasionally 31st would be the make up days to get up to 32 hours.

As for the comment on the 32 hours. I don't often do that much in a month never really have. But my point is I shouldn't punished during events when in the case of events that run during a week two-three times in that same week for continuation purposes and i get say 5-6 hours per day. But can only count 8 of them. Im not asking much to be changed. Just the weekly limit and instead impose it as a monthly limit.
Akaton
Expert
Expert

Postby Farvel on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:53 am

Akaton wrote:As for the comment on the 32 hours. I don't often do that much in a month never really have. But my point is I shouldn't punished during events when in the case of events that run during a week two-three times in that same week for continuation purposes and i get say 5-6 hours per day. But can only count 8 of them. Im not asking much to be changed. Just the weekly limit and instead impose it as a monthly limit.

To be honest I would agree with that. Seeing as there's so much confusion as to what even a week is (your definition is completely different from Lumio's, for instance), it might simply be best to ditch the whole concept of week altogether, and simply have a monthly limit.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Joe would be correct. As for extending the hours for quest? Nada. No one says you 'have' to have your work tag on during a quest to actual 'enter' said quest.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Ellyssa_Flamewing on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:44 pm

"Joe would be correct"? Has Joe commented on this forum? So far I see Farvel asking what constitutes a week and what day it starts on and two opposing interpretations.

1) Kooky suggesting that "week" strictly follows the standard calendar so there can be 4-6 "weeks in a month as in the current month of December where the first falls on a Friday and so the 1st "week" is two days long and the last "week " is one day long.

2) Akaton suggesting that a "week" is seven days, December 1st-7th, 8th-15th etc and anything after the 28th is rolled over into the fourth week as makeup time.

If these are indeed the two options, respectfully, which one is it? Apologies if I'm missing something I just found myself getting more and more confused by this conversation.
Ellyssa_Flamewing
Expert
Expert

Postby L`aquera on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:59 pm

DOH! Not joe, Zully :D Which I believe is Akaton
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Akaton on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:25 pm

Yep that is me. And so 7 day period is the time frame. But based on my description. Does that mean the last 2-3 days of a month can be used to make up time, up to 8 hours to get to 32 for the month?
Akaton
Expert
Expert

Postby Tawny on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:17 am

Since I do the payroll I have question about these hours. L`aquera you state 8 per week for a total of 32 a month. My question I guess would be how hard lined it the 8 per week? Can it be a simply 32 per month per job up to three jobs per char and not have to check if it was done in 8 hours per week for the total hours? Seems it would give players more flexible and less confusion to remove the weekly and just make it monthly on the hours. That way if someone has more hours in two week of the month and less in the other two weeks they can still get their total of 32 hours in.
Tawny

PreviousNext

Return to News From The Admin