Corona virus, Covid-19

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Corona virus, Covid-19

Postby Ehlanna on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 pm

A potentially nasty and scary thing ...
However, we have players from all over, and every country is taking it's own stance on how to deal with things. Beyond that we have players who will find the idea rather unpleasant, threatening or even outright fear-mongering. If you want t discuss the subject, please do so in either PM or another channel.
TLI is for fun and the discussion of a virus that potentially is lethal is not, when I last looked, even close to the definition of fun.
So, please - no virus talk!
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Re: Corona virus, Covid-19

Postby Rhezha on Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:16 am

I agree that this topic should not be discussed in OOC where everyone is exposed to it. However, for some people talking about it and learning more can be a valuable coping method. Perhaps we could have a message board string devoted to the topic for those who would like to talk about the latest developments, etc? This way those who do not wish to be involved can simply avoid the string. I would imagine such a discussion topic would go under the "Beyond Belariath" section if it were approved.
Rhezha
Adept
Adept

Postby Tawny on Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:31 am

I feel using pm's to discuss it best that way it don't touch the game in any way.
Tawny

Postby Stormbringer on Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:03 pm

Just to confirm, there is no evidence that you can catch it through role-play. So how about using this place as intended - an escape from depressing reality.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby L`aquera on Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:12 pm

We aren't saying don't start your own channel where you can discuss it and if you like, I can do so. It will only be temporary however, but Ehl is right. I see enough of it everywhere I go and feeling paranoid, depressed, scared in a place of fun kind of shakes me up so please think of other possibilities folks. Thank you
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Wadeywade on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:21 am

LOL Stormbringer.. I started thinking about a follow up with computer viruses and well.. that sorta crashed and burned but hey, you are right, it CAN'T be transmitted through RP on a computer, still the timing was funny. and in a sorta depressing situation like this, I needed the laugh so.. thanks.
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby L`aquera on Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:28 pm

Free links for weeks until this virus slithers back to where it came from. We all could use a bit of fun where we can get it. Remember the usual isn't to be posted. No Religion, no 'free' to watch sites. No politics, no covid news without an Ops say so. Thank you
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Return to News From The Admin