Payroll

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Payroll

Postby L`aquera on Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:39 pm

I've given it some time.. and I've taken in what some have said and what have not said.

STARTING 10/1/22

Its time to go back to the old Payroll. What does this mean?

A: If you are a manager and have access TO the payroll system in the bot, start adding in your folks pay. REB and ISA are paid higher then other shops, if you have to ask why, you've never worked there!
A1: Remember the skills said players have so you can add it to how much they are paid, update the skills each shop demands before they can work there.
A2: Its 25mhl per hour for normal shops. 40 for REB and 35 for SS, ISA shops. Its 20 per rank of Skill with a cap of 100 added to your payroll #. Managers are 325 mhl, Assistant managers are 240 mhl.
EXAMPLE: You sign up to work at the GS (General Store) You are paid 25 MHL per hour. The GS requires you have the skills of Reading and Writing and animal handling (thats an example!) If you have MASTER skill level of each thats 200 + 25 =225 per 6 hours for Full Time. THATS - 25x6= 150 6hrs full time. PLUS 300 (if you have a masters in all 3 skills required) is 450. You don't get your skills added for every hour.

A3: Keep in mind that there is a cap of 3 Skills requirement on each shop/Noble house. So, if you were Kirs Noble house as an EXAMPLE it would be; Riding, Reading and Writing, desk job :P

B: You still MUST put down what hours you worked on each shops work page. But nothing as you've gotten used to. Example: Name; Date; Timesworked;

C: WHY do you have to do B? So the managers of said shops know you are still working. If you haven't worked even once in a month, you can and likely will be removed from your job. I'll be checking... ( :shock: )

D: You must work at LEAST 6 hours in a Months time for Full Time, 3 for Half Time and yes each manager must mark down if you are full or half. Thats not asking to much I hope. I don't think so anyway.

E: Remember, no one can force you to get a job here but a job means mhl in your pocket to help pay for things like.. pets, houses, gear.

F: IF you work overtime, you'll have to speak with your Manager of said Shop/Noble House/Temple about getting a payout and prove your overtime work to said Manager.

G: Concerning Noble Houses. Since noble payrolls will probably involve positions of various skills, the various skills will be what's taken into account and not just "Everyone have these 3" (Amendment 9. Thanks Arch)

L`
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Re: Payroll

Postby CallieO on Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:46 pm

Okay. I have access to inn and CVC payrolls. Who gets paid what, based on part-time and full-time work? Is the per-maxed-skill monthly bonus, still 50 mhl?

Will the ops staff be removing people from payrolls, or is that still the decision of the shop managers?
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:06 pm

Your first question has been amended on my first post. ;)

Your Second is, I've always been in charge of Work/workers/shops. So every now and then I'll be looking over work logs and eyeing up payroll in the bot. If I don't see you working, I will remove you. If you want to be rehired, one needs only to tell the manager they did an oops... and work it out from there. I'm sure no one wants to hear that but the reason the new system went into place was because folks were raping the system for mhl whilst not working and then complaining rather rudely when they were removed. If you were removed, now you know why. :D
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby CallieO on Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:40 pm

What is the benefit to an employee of working full-time instead of part-time? Because so far, it seems to me that it simply means they have to work more hours in order to avoid getting fired.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Shiho on Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:42 pm

CallieO wrote:What is the benefit to an employee of working full-time instead of part-time? Because so far, it seems to me that it simply means they have to work more hours in order to avoid getting fired.

You get paid by the hour, so 6 hours pays more than 3 hours ;)
Shiho
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:01 am

What Shiho said
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Shiho on Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:32 am

Final check to see if I understand certain points

You work 3 or 6 hours and get paid the calculated number automatically by Des every month. If you work less, you (eventually) get fired. If you work more, your manager 'can' pay you for overtime by a manual command?
Shiho
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:33 am

So this means I dont do payroll anymore? :( I will try to get all payroll done for the GS NB and ISA.I am taking meadow off the MMR as assistant manager and Joe isnt around so someone will need to do the MMR.
Tawny

Postby L`aquera on Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:46 am

Tawny: this is your last month my dear. No worries, I'll be compensating all your hard work.

Shiho: you are correct!
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Serena on Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:48 am

REB employees are still required to post the des readout of any REB commands ran, along with the des readout of subbed payments and the witness statement that follows within work logs. That way, I, Naomi or Aavran can look back to see what was done in order to fix/adjust as necessary. Yeah, it may be more work than other work log recordings but..you're getting paid more to do so.
Theressa Annaert, Pledged Lifelong Bondmate to Allivia Annaert and Lady of the Annaert Household
Player of Theressa, Kytte{Naya}, Vonni and Remlie.
Serena
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:54 am

L dear might I Ask you start the new payroll in NOV that give managers time to get all the payroll switched over and done. I don't mind doing payroll one more time cause some places have a lot of employees to get changed over and sorted out. We have to find each employee and find out if they wish to be part or full time then do the payroll for each one. Also please remind me how the skills are added to the payroll list. Do we just make their pay for say full time plus the skills as their pay> Been to long I don'
t remember, If not I will try my best to get everyone changed myself where I have management. I am not worried Hun. Please don't think I am.
Tawny

Postby L`aquera on Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:26 am

I've held it off long enough I'm afraid Tawny, it'll start on 10/1 for everyone to have enough time. I've already shifted my own stuff over. Managers are busy even now. I'm sure they aren't thinking of me favorably :D My apologies folks!
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Tawny on Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:27 am

awww your still my favorite one here. Snugs. two last questions I hope...ducks.... do I do the payroll of Sept's logs? and do we still log time stamps on our payroll logs for you to see?
Softly kisses cheek and hugs and snugs.
Tawny

Postby L`aquera on Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:32 am

Your 'logs' if you want to call them that would now be this formula

Date:
Name:
Time: from/to

Eazy peazy

If you haven't done Sept, then yes please if you would. Even adding now would not start anyone just yet. It goes month to month via the bot.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Shiho on Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:12 pm

Ok, with all those amendments I have the feeling L’s post isn't the most clearest thing so here is the post in a slightly different format.

Starting on 1 October 2022 we will be using an automatic payment system for the various payrolls. This system used to be in play and therefor is referred to as ‘old payroll’ while in reality it is a new version of it. Tawny will no longer have to manually check every worklog to get the payments done, instead the managers will adjust the positions on the payroll.

What are we getting paid?
We are getting paid a salary which is 25 meherials an hour for either 6 hours a month (full time) or for 3 hours a month (part time). For the REB the salary is 40 mhl and for the ISA the pay is 35 mhl as these jobs are more demanding.

On top of that we get a bonus for up to 3 skills, depending on the store or noble house we work for. Most places where you post your worklog will have a post about qualifying skills. If there is no such post, check with your manager. For each rank in a skill you get 20 mhl more payment (20 mhl * 5 ranks * 3 skills is 300 mhl bonus pay max)

And then there is a bonus pay for the managers (325 mhl) and assistant managers (240 mhl).

What do I have to do?
Work, work, work. And post worklogs. If you are working full time, work 6 hours. If you work part time, work 3 hours. Each month, every month again. Talk with your manager if for some reason you can’t work a certain month.

Post worklogs like this:
Date:
Name:
Time: from/to

What if I don’t work enough?
Work the hours you are hired to do, whether this is 6 hours a month or 3 hours a month hardly matters. If you don’t work these hours you will most likely get fired by your manager (bad) or by L (scary). You can surely be rehired, but surely something that people will remember. Remember that having a job is not required. Everyone gets 20 mhl a month for free. The payments of the payrolls are not free money.

What if I work too much?
Talk with your manager if you work more than the agreed upon time. Some might be willing to pay you for overtime. Don’t assume you will get it. Communication!

What if my skills change?
Let your manager know so they can adjust your monthly payment.
Shiho
Predominate
Predominate

Next

Return to News From The Admin