Payroll

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: Payroll

Postby L`aquera on Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:30 pm

:cry:
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Shiho on Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:38 pm

Sorry L, just trying to help
Shiho
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Elise`whitepaw on Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:04 pm

[quote="Shiho"]Sorry L, just trying to help[/quote]

dude is that the im going to eat you face? also hes was alittle more streamlined ... hes just collecting the thoughts that you had and puting them in pretty boxes
Elise`whitepaw, isis`starfeather , Jinx`Quinn , Alyssa` Shadowfall, Adel ,Naut`kyn , Nessa`{rei-k}, Neva`frostsong,Jareth Gleamscale
Elise`whitepaw
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Ehlanna on Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:08 pm

Shiho wrote:Sorry L, just trying to help

Maybe not famous, but last words, naytheless ... ;)
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby miyuka on Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:17 pm

Are we still going to have our volunteer folk? They aren't required to post worklogs but they are also aware that they ain't really gonna get paid. As a manager if we are going back to the old system how do I determine someone is part time or full time? The bot will just give them whatever value I put in for the month. What happens if a part timer does more than they should, or a full timer does less than they should?
miyuka

Postby Tawny on Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:17 pm

Shilo you wrote
What are we getting paid?
We are getting paid a salary which is 25 meherials an hour for either 6 hours a month (full time) or for 3 hours a month (part time). For the REB the salary is 40 mhl and for the ISA the pay is 35 mhl as these jobs are more demanding.

On top of that we get a bonus for up to 3 skills, depending on the store or noble house we work for. Most places where you post your worklog will have a post about qualifying skills. If there is no such post, check with your manager. For each rank in a skill you get 20 mhl more payment (20 mhl * 5 ranks * 3 skills is 300 mhl bonus pay max)

And then there is a bonus pay for the managers (325 mhl) and assistant managers (240 mhl).

That last part about the managers and Assistant managers is not exactly correct unless it is being changed to that. They don't get hourly pay until they have worked what used to be 4 hours. They get the manager pay or assistant manager pay and that covers the first again used to be 4 hours. Not sure if that is staying four hours or moving to 6 but anyway after they work those hours then and only then does the hourly pay kick in. So since hours have moved to six and three I am assuming managers and assistants are going to have to work six hours and then the hourly kick in for them.
Tawny

Postby Shiho on Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:54 am

Yes, think I messed that one up. Looks like it is a fixed 325 / 240 + skills for the managers and assistant managers rather than an hourly pay.

L: Are they still required to work a minimum amount of hours? And is the management pay the same for any payroll or is this different for the ISA/REB? (Your post indicates it is the same, but more difficult stores also give management a harder time, so I think my question makes sense).

I do think that the managers and assistant managers are getting a lot more to do with the constant checking and keeping up to date of the payroll. (Oh, you now have 1 rank more in this skill, up your pay goes. Oh, you dropped that skill, let's adjust things again.)
Shiho
Predominate
Predominate

Postby CallieO on Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:57 pm

Okay, so when I go into the system on October 1 and adjust the inn and CVC to the new system:

Do I simply put in there, for everyone on the payroll, how much their bonus pay is? So if someone has four ranks in one of the applicable skills, I put in there that they're getting paid 80 mhl? And then Tawny comes along and pays them as usual for the number of hours they work?

Or do I put in that they're full-time and getting paid 80 mhl for their bonus skills, so it's 230 a month?
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Shiho on Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:26 pm

The latter, no more role for Tawny :(
Shiho
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:55 pm

yep I don't do payroll anymore. :(
Tawny

Postby CallieO on Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:34 am

Okay, so if they're working part-time, they get paid for 3 hours a month, and if they're full-time, they get paid for 6, and it's contingent upon me to make sure they're putting in the necessary hours?
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby CallieO on Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:35 am

Tawny wrote:yep I don't do payroll anymore. :(

You've done a great job of it for a few years now, every month without fail, and whether or not this new way of doing things ultimately sticks, I think you've definitely earned a little time off from having to process what must be a couple hundred work logs every month.
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:18 pm

Shiho wrote:Yes, think I messed that one up. Looks like it is a fixed 325 / 240 + skills for the managers and assistant managers rather than an hourly pay.

L: Are they still required to work a minimum amount of hours? And is the management pay the same for any payroll or is this different for the ISA/REB? (Your post indicates it is the same, but more difficult stores also give management a harder time, so I think my question makes sense).

I do think that the managers and assistant managers are getting a lot more to do with the constant checking and keeping up to date of the payroll. (Oh, you now have 1 rank more in this skill, up your pay goes. Oh, you dropped that skill, let's adjust things again.)

All managers and Assistant managers are required to work full time.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby L`aquera on Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:20 pm

CallieO wrote:Okay, so when I go into the system on October 1 and adjust the inn and CVC to the new system:

Do I simply put in there, for everyone on the payroll, how much their bonus pay is? So if someone has four ranks in one of the applicable skills, I put in there that they're getting paid 80 mhl? And then Tawny comes along and pays them as usual for the number of hours they work?

Or do I put in that they're full-time and getting paid 80 mhl for their bonus skills, so it's 230 a month?

Its up to your workers to tell you what they have for skills. If you don't know set their pay to their hours. When they give you their skills, then guess what? Amend! Its fun! NOT! But hey, you aren't a mind reader.
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Neko Nightstalker on Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:40 pm

so for adjustments to put into des. do we put just the base pay of 25 and they put their skills on the work log, or do we put into des the 325 and that "magically" sorts itself. just using max value for simpler question answer
Neko Nightstalker
Adept
Adept

PreviousNext

Return to News From The Admin