Desdaemona changes

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: Desdaemona changes

Postby Ehlanna on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:03 pm

A quick addition, to assist in the CLAW contest as arranged by Crow. You can find details of the CLAW systm elsewhere, but in brief it 'levels the playing field' by comapring the total Stats of two characters and arranging for the character with higher totals to reduce combat rolls by a percentage that is in line with the ratio of the totals. To save you having to look up each character and do the various comparisons and percentages you can now use:

Code: Select all
!claw Nick1 [Nick2]

If you specify only Nick1 (Nick2 is optional), the command will substitute your nick for Nick2. Both nicks must be for characters who are logged in and are in the channel in which the command was enetered.

What you get will be the percentage that should be used by the higher level character of the two:

[17:40] <+crow`> !claw crow` Ehlanna
[17:40] <@Desdaemona> Ehlanna should use @34% for their stat modifier when using the CLAW system in combat against Crow Iron-Claw
[17:40] <@Ehlanna> !claw crow`
[17:40] <@Desdaemona> Ehlanna should use @34% for their stat modifier when using the CLAW system in combat against Crow Iron-Claw
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby miyuka on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:22 am

you are beyond awesome.
miyuka

Postby crow on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:25 pm

miyuka wrote:you are beyond awesome.

Seconded! =D>
crow
Expert
Expert

Postby Joytoy on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:51 am

Being a new hireling to the BA and with some of the changes that have been made, I am curious if there is a list of sale commands for when jewelry or enchantable ink is sold/used in a Body Arts Service?

I would imagine this is something that should be recorded, but I was not sure if there was a command as I struggle to find thing here on the forum and the site has not been updated with the new commands (if they exist).

I noticed there is a listing of costs (Posted by Angst, derived from Avar's list).. but that was about the limit of it. There are "#'s" given beside some of the items, but no command prompts. I was trying to look through here, but having limited luck...

My apologies if I'm just being ignorant or posting in the wrong thread!
Beating, whipping, piercing, breaking, scarring, kissing, biting, licking, fucking, bleeding, aching, waiting, stroking, begging, longing, craving...
Joytoy
Initiate
Initiate

Postby lyllamarie on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:22 pm

This is what you have Joytoy viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12169
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:46 pm

After a bit of consultation the !claw command has been picked part and given a bit of polish, so thanks to crow for this!

The overall format remains the same - !claw <NICK1> [NICK2] (where if you do not supply NICK2 the command will 'insert' your nick). Now, however, if you actually supply the nick(s) (which must still be case sensitive) you can add modifers: NICK+/-#, so Ehlanna+15 for example. You can also apply a percentage (much like the !combatdice command): Ehlanna@75%. You can also do both, but if you do the modifier must precede the percentage, and the percentage will affect the total of stats including the modifier: Ehlanna+15@75%

Note that there are no spaces - the only spaces that should be used are between the two nicks: !claw NICK1+#@#% NICK2+#@#%
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:54 am

Last change of 2013 ... I hope! :)

A new !list option to balance out the !list employee command, this one showing the managers, etc., associated with a payroll:

[00:10] <Ehlanna> [00:10] <Ehlanna> !list owners of nb
[00:10] <Ehlanna> [00:10] <Desdaemona> List of Owners, Managers and Assistant Managers for payroll NB: Ehlanna (O), Michelle La`Roche (A), Babi (A).

The data is taken from the records that control access to manager functions and the level (Owner, Manager, Assistant Manager) is extrapolated from the description there so some variance from the employee lists on the site may be noticed.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:55 pm

First update of 2014 ...

The !game command has been given a good looking over and the little bug it contained squashed by dint of, in effect, a bit of a re-write! Hopefully it is now bug-free! The sub-commands are all the same as before (with one additional one) and with an additional feature:

!game start Nick1 Nick2 [Nick3 ...]

This will set up the game in the current channel, with the one entering the command being designated the owner of the game. At least 2 nicks must be specified, and no more than 8. If the owner just acts as dealer they will see the cards being dealt to the players, but if they take part they will not do so (this is the new feature).

Once the game has been set up you can actually start to play one of the three games included:

!game holdem
!game deal
!game blackjack

Each of those will deal the initial set of cards to all players (2 for holdem, 5 for deal and 2 for blackjack).

For the 'holdem' game the owner also has, in order the following:
!game flop
!game turn
!game river

Which will add to the open cards 'on the table'; the flop will lay out three cards, the turn and river one apiece, with all five open cards displayed following the show of the river.

For the 'deal' game there are no additional options. I may add something allowing cards to be turned in.

For the 'blackjack' game there are options for the players:
!game hit
!game stick

If you 'hit' you will get an additional card dealt to you. If you 'stick' you won't ;)

Of course and to know who has won ...
!game show

Will show the carsd of the player who issued the command in the channel
!game display

Can be only used by the owner of the game and will show all hands in channel

At the end of the game the owner should use:
!game stop

Which will relinquish control and allow someone else to start a game in that channel. Any Op is also able to do this if need be.

Thanks to Lyanna for the help with this, and the beta testers who got dragooned in :)
<edit>
Update to correct the flow of the holdem game
</edit>
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby miyuka on Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:24 pm

Impressive! I can't hand you my panties fast enough for such an amazing job.
miyuka

Postby Ehlanna on Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:03 am

miyuka wrote:Impressive! I can't hand you my panties fast enough for such an amazing job.

Don't get too excited ... the first quick test I did of the code in Des as opposed to my text bot threw up some issues ... which I suspect may be down to different tcl interpreters ;)
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby miyuka on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:12 pm

well it's the lacey ones, so use that as an incentive/motivator.
miyuka

Postby Ehlanna on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:32 pm

That seems to have worked ... ;)
Ok, the card game things now seem to be back working as planned.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby miyuka on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:08 am

Lacey panties does the trick everytime. You are most welcome. :P
miyuka

Postby Lyanna on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:08 am

Many thanks for your hard work on the card games, Ehl! I'm sure they well be most appreciated at the next poker game! :D
Lyanna | Raven Swift| Natsuko | Kiani | Zahira
Lyanna
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Ehlanna on Thu May 08, 2014 12:51 am

Quick logic fix, for spell sell command, to reflect the fact that a spell involved in restrictions could be in the OOB spell list.

The web page for allocating spells as part of character edit is likely to need am equivalent update - hopefully I'll get to that soon.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

PreviousNext

Return to News From The Admin