Ranked General Skills List

News from the admin relating to developments in the roleplay, changes to the web site, etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: Ranked General Skills List

Postby Shardek on Thu May 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Good Morning All,

I would like to say first of all that the level of work that has gone into this world is overwhelming by a long shot! Well done to all whom have had a hand in this, past and present.

Second of all: I was looking over the skills and saw what I felt might be an appropriate one to be added. When looking over the Scouting skill, I saw that it was based on following/finding a large group of people. But what about finding a single person?? IE: Tracking!!

This is a skill that would be usable by the Thief for one, Bard, Warrior and others. It is a skill that I feel would need to have at least a novice level in Scouting before moving to tracking. Or at the very least Novice level in both! It was a skill I felt that thief should have by default as well. And as one raised in ranking with it, that finding your target would be easier for you and harder to be spotted by said mark.

I would welcome any comments, ideas & input. And I look forward to getting to know you all.
Bright Blessings...

The player behind Shardek
Shardek - Male Dark Elf that has come to the surface. And found himself here!
Shardek
Novice
Novice

Postby Shoji on Mon May 13, 2013 8:27 pm

This is actually a good point, but one I don't necessarilly agree would require its own skill. In my mind, Scouting is written up for large groups, like military scouting...spotting enemy armies and supply lines. Hunting/Trapping is very much toward tracking and trapping/hunting animals. Now, when it comes to the one man tracking down another single man...I've always felt an appropriate combo of the two can apply...but thats just me.
Shoji
Novice
Novice

Postby Shardek on Mon May 20, 2013 12:33 am

Shoji wrote:This is actually a good point, but one I don't necessarilly agree would require its own skill. In my mind, Scouting is written up for large groups, like military scouting...spotting enemy armies and supply lines. Hunting/Trapping is very much toward tracking and trapping/hunting animals. Now, when it comes to the one man tracking down another single man...I've always felt an appropriate combo of the two can apply...but thats just me.

Thank you Shoji for your response to my post.
Part of the reason I felt that another skill could be added was that tracking a single man or woman is much harder then spotting a large group of people. The signs are smaller and you must keep on the trail or you can lose it. Be it by weather, other tracks covering over it, or even someone coming behind the person and blocking the tracks with brush or other things. All these things should be taken into account when tracking a single person. And since we have those whom are bounty hunters, I felt that we could use said skill.

Bright Blessings.
Shardek - Male Dark Elf that has come to the surface. And found himself here!
Shardek
Novice
Novice

Postby Joytoy on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:06 am

I would like to also say Grooming would be an excellent addition, as well as Massage, as these are very applicable trade skills in our society today, and honestly, it would only suffice to I believe promote that role-play of going to someone In Character to get your hair cut or styled in a new fashion, as most of us can attest, we are not good at coloring or cutting our own hair (even those of us that are deluded into thinking so ^_~).

However, I do not believe Massage and Grooming should be combined as they actually have nothing to do with one another. If anything, I'd merge Massage with some aromatherapy, acupuncture and physical therapy for pulled muscles, sprains and other injuries.

So in summary using PrettylittleToi's post as a base -

Novice: Grooming - Able to bathe another individual, hair, body, hair trimming and clipping of finger & toenails as well as post bath care - Hair drying, brushing and applying lotion and plucking of eyebrows.

Apprentice: Grooming - Knows specific lotions and/or oils that are good for skin, hair, fur or scales. Body shaving is included at this level of training. Can also perform pedicure and manicures and has learned how to trim hair and facial hair. Hair decoration (ie braiding, coils, dreadlocks and styling).

Journeyman: Grooming - At this level the groomer can do facial shaving (straight razor/blade) and has learned how to begin waxing the body with beeswax/sugar waxes (excluding waxing faces or genitalia). Facial skin treatments and cosmetics are also learned (hot towel use, facial treatment) along with cutting hair into different styles and more elaborate arrangements.

Expert: Grooming - Advanced waxing is attainable knowledge - facial and genitalia. There is no hair cut, style, skin problem, body odor, or nail issue you balk at tackling. Mud baths, hot wax skin treatments, unguent skin peels, and you could make a Troll look sexy with what you can do with cosmetics.

Novice: Masseur - You learn the basics of back, shoulder and neck massage for basic tension release as well as appropriate oils to sooth, arouse, cool, warm etc.

Apprentice: Masseur - Arms, legs, hands and feet are added to a trainee's repertoire. Pressure points are also introduced at this point. At this point all you do is relieve tension and stress.

Journeyman: Masseur - By this point you are able to distinguish muscle knots and nerve clusters and how to work them out. Aromatherapy is included in the training of a Masseur at this point to better sooth and relax the client.

Expert: Masseur - Acupuncture is introduced at this level of knowledge, able to identify pressure points and nerve clusters to best maximize the skill. Injuries can also be treated if they are sprains, pulled muscles, limps etc - to help improve movement and comfort in healing.

Master: Masseur - With touch alone, a Master Masseur can identify ailments of the muscle, tension and immediately correct the strain with any of the skills learned in their training. Yoga is also something most Masseur Master to assist in maintaining their own bodies, and can instruct others for continued strength and body flexibility. From numbing a limb, to inducing sleep, a Master Masseur is nearly as good as a Healer for any body aches, pains or injuries involving muscle/tendon/nerves.
Beating, whipping, piercing, breaking, scarring, kissing, biting, licking, fucking, bleeding, aching, waiting, stroking, begging, longing, craving...
Joytoy
Initiate
Initiate

Postby lyllamarie on Sun May 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Ranked Skill: Dancing, added.
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby WhiteMist on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:29 pm

Joytoy wrote:I would like to also say Grooming would be an excellent addition, as well as Massage, as these are very applicable trade skills in our society today, and honestly, it would only suffice to I believe promote that role-play of going to someone In Character to get your hair cut or styled in a new fashion, as most of us can attest, we are not good at coloring or cutting our own hair (even those of us that are deluded into thinking so ^_~).

However, I do not believe Massage and Grooming should be combined as they actually have nothing to do with one another. If anything, I'd merge Massage with some aromatherapy, acupuncture and physical therapy for pulled muscles, sprains and other injuries.

So in summary using PrettylittleToi's post as a base -

Novice: Grooming - Able to bathe another individual, hair, body, hair trimming and clipping of finger & toenails as well as post bath care - Hair drying, brushing and applying lotion and plucking of eyebrows.

Apprentice: Grooming - Knows specific lotions and/or oils that are good for skin, hair, fur or scales. Body shaving is included at this level of training. Can also perform pedicure and manicures and has learned how to trim hair and facial hair. Hair decoration (ie braiding, coils, dreadlocks and styling).

Journeyman: Grooming - At this level the groomer can do facial shaving (straight razor/blade) and has learned how to begin waxing the body with beeswax/sugar waxes (excluding waxing faces or genitalia). Facial skin treatments and cosmetics are also learned (hot towel use, facial treatment) along with cutting hair into different styles and more elaborate arrangements.

Expert: Grooming - Advanced waxing is attainable knowledge - facial and genitalia. There is no hair cut, style, skin problem, body odor, or nail issue you balk at tackling. Mud baths, hot wax skin treatments, unguent skin peels, and you could make a Troll look sexy with what you can do with cosmetics.

Novice: Masseur - You learn the basics of back, shoulder and neck massage for basic tension release as well as appropriate oils to sooth, arouse, cool, warm etc.

Apprentice: Masseur - Arms, legs, hands and feet are added to a trainee's repertoire. Pressure points are also introduced at this point. At this point all you do is relieve tension and stress.

Journeyman: Masseur - By this point you are able to distinguish muscle knots and nerve clusters and how to work them out. Aromatherapy is included in the training of a Masseur at this point to better sooth and relax the client.

Expert: Masseur - Acupuncture is introduced at this level of knowledge, able to identify pressure points and nerve clusters to best maximize the skill. Injuries can also be treated if they are sprains, pulled muscles, limps etc - to help improve movement and comfort in healing.

Master: Masseur - With touch alone, a Master Masseur can identify ailments of the muscle, tension and immediately correct the strain with any of the skills learned in their training. Yoga is also something most Masseur Master to assist in maintaining their own bodies, and can instruct others for continued strength and body flexibility. From numbing a limb, to inducing sleep, a Master Masseur is nearly as good as a Healer for any body aches, pains or injuries involving muscle/tendon/nerves.

Can we get these skillls added? The bath house only has one set of skills as options to help boost worklogs. These would be an excellent addition!
WhiteMist
Adept
Adept

Postby miyuka on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:53 am

the grooming one is missing a rank ain't it?
miyuka

Postby Joytoy on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:12 am

You're right Miyuka, I totally forgot to add a 'Master' Level to the Grooming *facepalm*
Sorry I didn't see this sooner and update it :oX

I thought about it a bit, and added in nails more thoroughly, and I threw in crafting things like soap, perfumes/cologne's, lotions, dyes, stains, etc as these are things that can usually be made in a kitchen.

Any thoughts or critiques are greatly appreciated.

Changes

Novice: Grooming - Able to bathe another individual, hair, body, hair trimming and clipping of finger & toenails as well as post bath care - Hair drying, brushing and applying lotion.

Apprentice: Grooming - Knows specific lotions and/or oils that are good for skin, hair, fur or scales. Simple facial plucking . Can also perform pedi/manicures and has learned how to trim hair and facial hair and is familiar with the use of colognes and perfumes and soaps.

Journeyman: Grooming – Straight razor shaving is acquired at this level. Facial shaving and styling learned. Facial skin treatments and cosmetics are also learned (hot towel use, facial treatment) along with cutting hair into different styles and more elaborate arrangements. Can paint nails simple, single colors and knows how to make cologne/perfume.

Expert: Grooming - Waxing – facial only. Mud baths, hot wax skin treatments and extensive make-up knowledge and application. Elaborate haircuts and styles are familiar and can pain designs on nails (flowers, leaves, simple filigree, geometric patterns etc). Knows how to make lotions and oils.

Master: Grooming – Genitalia and body waxing, hair dying/bleaching. Unguent skin peels, elaborate and exotic make-up styles and designs as well as intricate nail art is available. A Master also knows how to make their own dyes, stains and nail paints and can do Henna designs.
Beating, whipping, piercing, breaking, scarring, kissing, biting, licking, fucking, bleeding, aching, waiting, stroking, begging, longing, craving...
Joytoy
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Sorgram on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:03 pm

I like both of these.

S
Sorgram
Op
Op

Postby Elyon on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:32 am

Navigation (Mage, Knight, Warlord, Hydromancer, Geomancer, Aeromancer, Monk, Priest, Cleric, Paladin, Monk, Thief, Ranger, Mage, Magi, Druid, Hierophant)
Novice - the player can find his way between two ports on a large lake.
Apprentice - Can navigate rivers and knows water maps enough to find a safe passage down them.
Journeyman - Can navigate a boat under most normal conditions even in a sea sized body of water.
Expert - this person now has the ability to navigate their vessel under adverse conditions like light fog or a cloudy night. May make short oceanic hops.
Master - May navigate a vessel in any condition or weather on any size body of water.

Why is Mage listed twice for Navigation?
Elyon, Leo
Elyon
Novice
Novice

Postby L`aquera on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:21 pm

Fixed
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Naomi on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:34 pm

I would like to add meditation as a ranked skill. as follows (available to all classes with spirit magic):

Novice: anyone can do this to allow themselves to center themselves on a task or just general well being
Apprentice: someone who has diligently worked on meditation to reach out into the world of spirits
Journeyman: able to go into a trance and access the spirit world more easily
Expert: able to enter into the trance state to enter the spirit world and interact with spirits
Master: able to enter trance state at a moments notice for a brief time to interact with spirits nearby with no hindrances
Because I am one with the taker of life, and I love pain and suffering, misery and death as it loves me. These are things I am not willing to give up, if death is release then let it never find me so I may live long and suffer much.
Naomi
Expert
Expert

Postby miyuka on Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:16 am

The only class with access to spirit magic would be shaman and that can advance into necro. Choosing Shaman would allow you to already have some manner of contact with the spirit realm.
miyuka

Postby miyuka on Fri May 08, 2020 3:16 am

Navigation has been opened up to all classes
miyuka

Postby WhiteMist on Wed May 27, 2020 9:30 pm

Can we get the skill options of Grooming and Masseur looked at to add to the Ranked Skills List? Please?

Novice: Grooming - Able to bathe another individual, hair, body, hair trimming and clipping of finger & toenails as well as post bath care - Hair drying, brushing and applying lotion.

Apprentice: Grooming - Knows specific lotions and/or oils that are good for skin, hair, fur or scales. Simple facial plucking . Can also perform pedi/manicures and has learned how to trim hair and facial hair and is familiar with the use of colognes and perfumes and soaps.

Journeyman: Grooming – Straight razor shaving is acquired at this level. Facial shaving and styling learned. Facial skin treatments and cosmetics are also learned (hot towel use, facial treatment) along with cutting hair into different styles and more elaborate arrangements. Can paint nails simple, single colors and knows how to make cologne/perfume.

Expert: Grooming - Waxing – facial only. Mud baths, hot wax skin treatments and extensive make-up knowledge and application. Elaborate haircuts and styles are familiar and can pain designs on nails (flowers, leaves, simple filigree, geometric patterns etc). Knows how to make lotions and oils.

Master: Grooming – Genitalia and body waxing, hair dying/bleaching. Unguent skin peels, elaborate and exotic make-up styles and designs as well as intricate nail art is available. A Master also knows how to make their own dyes, stains and nail paints and can do Henna designs.

WhiteMist
Adept
Adept

PreviousNext

Return to News From The Admin