July Wk. 2 Art Challenge - Born of the Sun

Weekly projects with absolutely no chance of either fortune or fame. Open to all.

Moderator: Tehya

July Wk. 2 Art Challenge - Born of the Sun

Postby Ubique on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:51 pm

this challenge is open to any typical form of art or expression, including 2D, 3D, poetry and short stories.

what if...your character or another brand new character were born of the sun? what would that look like? would they be blonde? would they have fiery glowy eyes? golden wings? would they merely dress like they were wearing sunbeams? would it just show in their disposition? or would they have golden tinted skin? rainbow eyes?

or just post something blonde haired and blue eyed bouncing in a teeny tiny bikini! male or female! :twisted:
This is a pill. Take it and chill...
DireLilith on Twitter
Ubique
Adept
Adept

Re: July Wk. 2 Art Challenge - Born of the Sun

Postby Eraelabryn on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Eraelabryn
Op
Op

Postby Ehlanna on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Cute, and nice effect!
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Augustus on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:07 am

First time in a contest! Take is easy on me!!

bah it cut

Augustus
Expert
Expert

Postby Ehlanna on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:12 am

Nice one, Augustus!

My attempt ...
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ubique on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:09 am

i really like these interpretations of the theme! thanks guys! this is great!
DireLilith on Twitter
Ubique
Adept
Adept

Postby Tehya on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Awesome art this week love it.
Tehya

Postby Miss Magical on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:59 pm

So I think I'ma try to do something new for the art challenges: write little flash-fiction pieces that have to be a certain length, between 100 and 1k words, as decided by Des. This week it was 400 and I used 395 words. Hope you enjoy.

The Sunstone of Eternal Heat

~ ~ Him who holds the sun made physical, let them be cursed by heat eternal. ~ ~

In awe I looked at my hands. Beautiful, I whispered, wisps of smoke rising from my mouth.

I glowed.

Radiance, heat, the sun lived within me. I felt a fire from the stone of the pendant about my neck, the silvery chain cold against my inflamed flesh. I had done it. It was mine. The Sunstone of Eternal Heat.

Now what?!

I looked up, my eyes illuminating the ancient, shadowy temple built here in the Old district of Verdespar. What would the elves have done if they knew such a treasure rested beneath their very noses? Perhaps they did know: the magics guarding the place had been strong, requiring every trick the group had to survive entrance. The scalded skeletons of a dozen adventurers proved the trap's powers.

"Nesel.." A voice regarded me, I swiveled my eyes around, Jas`egon stepping back with shock. "You.." I smiled, light streaming out from between my lips. Goddess above, I felt so .. Alive. The large human wizard stepped towards me, concern etched upon his features; I held up a hand to warn him away, the eldritch forces coursing through me felt truly deadly.

Jas`egon, my friend of a dozen years, exploded.

I heard a pair of voices screaming in surprise as bits of the human's flesh scattered about the temple, the pieces that flew towards me evaporating in puffs of smoke. Another voice was with those two, a cackling, demonic sound. The voice was mine: I felt so .. alive. Heated. Afire.

I moaned as I turned to regard the two others of the group, Aniel and Leina. Both stared at me with a mix of horror and reverence. A voice within commanded me: I gestured towards the two; their clothes fell away with a hsss of melting fabrics.

My pussy ached; my nipples throbbed. Later, after they had finally stopped me, I would be called Nesel the Sun-Whore. But for now? I grinned widely, sunlight spilling from my lips.

I gestured again, and collars of pure light suddenly blossomed into existence around both of their necks. They cried out, and I felt the war that waged in their minds. Aniel was the first to succumb, light streaming out from the corners of her eyes as she fell to the ground before me. I smiled and my hips twitched. "Let me serve you, Goddess," she begged.
Never robust as a melody, only a broken chord to sing.
Miss Magical
Adept
Adept

Postby Ubique on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:22 am

that's a great way to do things, thank you for posting your story and contribution! i hope others pick up on what you and tehya have given us!
DireLilith on Twitter
Ubique
Adept
Adept

Postby Ubique on Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:06 am

DireLilith on Twitter
Ubique
Adept
Adept

Postby Tehya on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:39 pm

I love her eyes, coloring is great! All the artwork and stories were good. Maybe its the brightness of colors, but well done.
Tehya

Return to Creative Challenges with the Artists Ambit