May 21st Challenge Dragon Lore

Weekly projects with absolutely no chance of either fortune or fame. Open to all.

Moderator: Tehya

May 21st Challenge Dragon Lore

Postby Tehya on Mon May 21, 2012 2:30 pm

This week's challenge will be anything relating to Dragons, Mephos, and Jhore. It could be a picture of anyone in this dragon lore fantasy portraying them or the dragon, or both. Art, stories and poems welcome.
Tehya

Re: May 21st Challenge Dragon Lore

Postby Stormbringer on Tue May 22, 2012 10:29 am

run_away.jpg

Simple advice. If you see a dragon - run away!
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Tehya on Tue May 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Play: Shield My Eyes
By Tehya

Fade In:

Scene One:
A Noble’s castle in the forest secluded with only its own staff allowed on the grounds. The time of year is autumn and the leaves are a colorful tapestry around the large stone structure. Three guards have rotation shifts surrounding certain areas, day and night.

GUARD HANSON
Autumn; that means soon that bastard inside will be having me stand guard in the freezing weather. I hate the Noble as they call him, and expect he cares nothing for us and hope the castle is taken over by the Empire, after all he only spends days and months holed up inside working on what... who knows.

GUARD SANUE
Hey Hanson old man, I seen nothing on my shift except some wagons coming in and being unloaded for the kitchen. Oh and that blonde he sends for, she was slipped in the back entrance too with that lovely book in hand. Got to wonder what they do in the library so long.

GUARD HANSON
He is getting pretty tricky since he has been named The Noble for the Empire, and I think he is up to no good there too, but that dashing smile, good looks and his magic tends to sway people’s opinions of him. He got all the notable write-ups for being the most intelligent soon to be leader. Bet he paid a lot for that to happen. Fucking magic users make me sick the lot of them. Oh don’t mention the word dragon in front of him. I think the guy’s obsessed with them, as if he wants to own an army of dragons. *Loud Laughter* Crazy Bastard!

Scene II

Inside the castle The Noble entertains himself with the blonde woman he sent for, giving her facts about the dragons, knowing her weakness... and her link to one or two dragons. She could be useful to him, and in fact the letters to one of her dear dragon friends was snatched away and read by him before being sent. They sit at a table discussing facts, and she doesn’t trust him for a minute, just a sixth sense she had, but knew if it came to her friend a golden dragon she would kill The Noble if he threatened it in any way as far as confining it. There is a round table, lamps burning and the Reeve and Blonde Scribe discussing dragons.

THE NOBLE
(Handsome Moriel dressed in one of his favorite robes)

Do you think you can summon your friend the dragon, and the golden dragon along with her. Perhaps we can all meet in the meadow on Sunday and I can tell them how I plan on protecting them.

BLONDE SCRIBE
(Studious looking, but a wary expression in her eyes)

How does one man of Noble descent plan on protecting the dragons? I’d say you better ask them how to protect you instead.

THE NOBLE
I heard of an army forming, quite a radical group from what I hear and they glory in both skinning dragons and boasting of their battles. I have the power to quarantine all the dragons on properties with protection, until we rid ourselves of these mindless barbarians.

BLONDE SCRIBE
As you wish I will tell her to meet with you, and to bring as many dragons she can to you on Sunday in the meadow. Hope it is large enough and fireproof, but we all will be there.

THE NOBLE
(Calls out for his army to be there to capture the dragons)

Scene #3

The army forms, at least 100 men arrives at the meadow and awaits the dragons. A burly bunch of barbarians with one reward on their mind, to slay at least one dragon and take its hyde, for a trophy. The dismembered parts would be used to boast their tales of war. Silence and no dragons appear for hours as they become incited by the delay and question The Noble with their rage threatening to expose his plan of forming an army of enslaved dragons. The bantering goes on,and proves one barbarian crazier than the other.

Suddenly the skies are streaked with fire, and ice shards fall from above. One golden dragon held the Blonde Scribe upon its back as she pointed to The Noble and his army of barbarians below. Shards of ice and fire dropped upon one barbarian, and then another. They never thought; to fight a dragon it may indeed be a fight from the sky not the ground.

THE NOBLE
This can’t be, no!! Look that bitch above is riding the golden dragon. We can’t fight from the ground! I retreat!

BLONDE SCRIBE
You see him below he is the one called The Noble that planned on capturing you, even planned on killing a few of you. Silly man; show him what a dragon is really about!

GOLDEN DRAGON
Scene 4

Fire dragons ride around The Noble with rays of fire forming a circle around him. He guaranteed the Blonde Scribe the meadow was going to be wet enough so no one was injured when landing, but he found himself wrapped up inside his own lie. Flames ignited the fallen leaves inching forward to engulf his body until death took The Noble, while other barbarians find themselves pierced with huge ice shards taking them to death’s door.

With all the barbarians killed and The Noble’s death the dragons took a turn in flight to go back to their lairs, but not before leaving the Blonde Scribe on a hill to look over the beautiful colors of the lands. Each magnificent color, nature’s own pallet told her the dragons were safe for the time being.

Fade Out
Tehya

Postby Eraelabryn on Thu May 24, 2012 11:33 pm

Eraelabryn
Op
Op

Postby Ehlanna on Fri May 25, 2012 12:31 pm

ISP has been slapped .. :)

"You called, him you ask him ..."
Ehlanna