July 11th Challenge is Pensive

Weekly projects with absolutely no chance of either fortune or fame. Open to all.

Moderator: Tehya

July 11th Challenge is Pensive

Postby Tehya on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:47 pm

This week's challenge is on the word or actions of being Pensive.

Dreamily or wistfully thoughtful: a pensive mood, expressing or revealing thoughtfulness, usually marked by some sadness.

Art, Photography, Poems and Stories are welcome.

This is open to ALL!
Tehya

Re: July 11th Challenge is Pensive

Postby Stormbringer on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Abandoned.jpg
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Tehya on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:29 am

Pensively I Wait

She asked that her writing supplies be moved from the Fire Temple to The Retreat in the forest, and she bought her first furnishings to the tower in the woods. Such an odd choice, she bought two manacles and had them screwed into the lower cellar walls. The Retreat was a place she could meditate, and possibly annoy Belson since it bordered right on his property line.

When it was first built the only intention was to spy and stay there periodically to learn and watch Belson’s daily habits in coming and going, and possibly house a guest in that very cellar shackled to the wall in the basement until they admitted being a rebel against the Empire.

After recent events at the Fire Temple she became pensive and felt quite out of her skin so to speak over something she had done, and how sometimes she didn't feel at home within the temple.

It wasn’t good for her to forget her principals that she set for herself… and yes Tehya had a line she usually wouldn’t walk over.

With the last finishing touches being put on the new Imperial Forest Palace she awaited to see where she would be located within it, and would offer to decorate her quarters if allowed.

So Tehya had the perfect opportunity to think, write stories for pleasure, not for work, and set boundaries again that satisfied her, and yes if she wasn’t satisfied with her life no one around her would be either. Those that were close to her, knew she had such boundaries and it was frivolous to forget it.

Writing out a list for things to buy for The Retreat was easy since it wouldn’t be used very often, maybe a spy or two would find themselves in the cold basement wearing the manacles she purchased, but all and all, the tower was a quiet place to think when other places were too busy.

Having Valar help her furnish what she could, with what she made, she brought in huge pillows in deep purple and put them around the floor to sit on, and they would be used until she chose white furniture, white everything for that fact, something where she could feel clean, rested, and return to the palace when she was rejuvenated to work and stay, along with staying at the Fire Temple once she cleansed her mind.

Bards also had to have clean slates to begin writing, and that was the sort of cleansing she was hoping for, where she could sit down again and write stories to tell the people, and create events and affairs they would enjoy attending.

She sat cross-legged on one of those over sized deep purple pillows and watched the sun beam into the window over her legs, and it reminded her of the time she stayed at Unigo… so quiet, and the only sound was her own breathing. There wasn’t even a flutter of the small yellow parrot, her familiar watching from the windowsill… Unknown was just basking in the sunlight too.

The first thoughts she mulled over…became a priority, The Artists`Ambit needed some books and she would either write them or ask others to contribute their … how to do instructions for books.

Her next thoughts became a poem not written on paper but memorized. It was one of the final steps needed to cleanse her spirit and mind.

I must have guidance

To urge me not to wander

Not to cross lines I have set

To keep peace and harmony

In my writing with a clear mind

To satisfy all that I find

In my wandering trails

Of friends and foe

When I decide to do something

It is not against my principles

That I return home in peace

May the notes of my music

Ring as the winds in winter

May I dance to release

Pent up music in my soul

All the things I need

Come from myself

My own free will

Her god asked nothing from her, and at times that puzzled the bard, but at that very moment as Tehya sat in the sun, she realized tomorrow was the beginning of another day, and after a few days rest she would find her comfort zone, and write freely again.
Tehya

Return to Creative Challenges with the Artists Ambit